[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
should I just give up on the game when I can't even beat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 11
File: cleric.jpg (95 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
cleric.jpg
95 KB, 1280x720
should I just give up on the game when I can't even beat the first boss? I started the game an hour ago and literally getting two-shot by the first boss in the game.
>>
Just don't use lock on and he is easy senpai
>>
>>332522917
>should I just give up on the game when...

you clearly don't have the right mentality to play a Souls game. you should drop it, yes.
>>
>>332522917

No, don't give up

[spolier] did you buy all the armor from the shop in the hunters dream? Also if you go find father gascoigne you can start to level up via the doll in the dream. This will help you beat the CB. [/spoiler]
>>
yeah give up, you're clearly not cut out for it.

>gitgud
>>
>>332522917
whats teh game
>>
>>332522917
Not trying to discourage you, perhaps you should.

A casual friend of mine from a different board can't even get pass the 2 werewolves on the bridge, he traded in the game shortly after.

But do you like the game? the world design, setting, does it interest you? Give it a few more shots then decide.
>>
>>332523561
Dark Souls 3
>>
As i remember, even without any armor CB can kill you in 4 hits max but only with minimal hp bar

Try hunter axe in trick mode. Whirwind attack works pretty well on both cleric beast and gascoine and the second one is easy to parry

Just learn the fight, it took me 30min too to just calm down and react properly to his moves
>>
>>332522917
I found cleric beast a reasonable challenge, 2-3 deaths. But blood starved beast has like 30+ kill streak on me. I don't fucking get it.
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20151124005658.jpg (413 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20151124005658.jpg
413 KB, 1920x1080
>first optional boss is Cleric Beast
>Last optional boss is Laurence, similar to CB but fucktonnes harder
Thought it was cool.
>>
>>332522917
There are literal TUTORIALS for beating the a FUCKING BOSS in the game???

Since we're on the topic. How do I beat bitch faggot pussy ass Gwyn Lord of Fucked Up Hitbox. 6 playthroughs across several platforms and this piece of shit keeps pushing my shit in whenever I decide to fight fair and stop parry fishing/tanking him starting as soon as NG+.
>>
>>332523765
Same boat. He's not even that hard, but I kept fucking up right at the end of the of the fight because I got hurried each time. Now i try not to watch the health bars past the last boss got angry phase.
>>
>>332523474
You don't need to fight any of the bosses to level. All you need is 1 Insight which you get for finding bosses, defeating bosses, or using Madman's Knowledge. He should have been through an area where he can find one by now.

Also, armor, for the most part, really affects fuck-all in Souls games when it comes to actual defense, Bloodborne even moreso. Better gear will almost never solve your problems.
>>
>>332523765

Run to corner
Throw a blood coctail
BSB will got here
Use fire paper and get some hits
When he aggro on you, drop one blood coctail again
You can also use ash bullet and empower fire sprayer
If you're still having trobule, get tricked hunter axe, whirwind mode will throw bsb like a bitch
Did i mention fire paper?
You have 3 tactic, hunter axe, blood coctail cheese and sprayer
IF you still loosing, gitgut and learn to parry
Learning to parry will help you anyway later in game

On my first play i died to him 30x too, then cheesed him with coctail
On second play, i raped him without using moore than 1 anti venom and 5 health vials
>>
File: 1457931144866.jpg (55 KB, 503x518) Image search: [Google]
1457931144866.jpg
55 KB, 503x518
>>332523974
mfw i found laurence and orphan easy as ass on a skill build but struggled a lot on ludwig
>>
Anyone else thought Bloodborne was way too easy? The only boss that was even mildly challenging was Orphan of Kos.
>>
>>332522917
Tbh Souls games are one of the easiest games out right now. If you have problems with these games then I might have some bad news for you.
>>
>>332524270
No I thought it was the hardest in the series actually
>>
>>332523980
Tanking is always inferior to dodge
Look for opening, avoid contact with the sword. Even blocking. Stay at safe distance
Learn when he's open, get one hit, and wait again for another opening
It cant be cheesed harder without glitching
>>
>>332524363
Its hard for people heavily depending on shields and tanking hits with heavy armor
Game encourage being agrresive, but not berserkerlike aggresion
>>
>went into Bloodborne thinking it was insanely hard because of all the butthurt I'd seen over the difficulty
>combat is like three times faster, making it incredibly easy to dodge absolutely every single fucking attack
>guns act as parrying shields, meaning you can parry an enemy from accross the fucking room, then use infini-speed dodging to eviscerate an enemy and insta kill them
>you can even stack into Gun Damage, making your guns hit for like 1k a shot if you shoot the enemies weak spot (all enemies have one, most of the time it's the head)
>beasts are weak against fire and serrated, so if you get a serrated weapon and enchant it with fire, you can do 40% more damage
>AYYLMAOS are weak against piercing and lightning, again, same thing
>every single boss in the game can be parried
This was such a disappointment.

They really should have thought about how the speed and ranged abilities in this game would effect the gameplay of a souls game.
Imagine being able to move almost three times faster in Dark Souls and being able to used ranged parries, and being able to stun lock every creature. Imagine how fucking boring and easy that is.

It's a shame, really. I'll never understand how people find this game difficult.
>>
>>332522917

farm the werewolves nearby a few times

get shards and upgrade your weapon/level a bit

he is skippable you can come back later
>>
>>332524127

I'm out of supplies, like cocktails, papers, and bullets. I've got to go farm to get more and that's honestly what's putting me off playing.
>>
>>332524375
Yeah, that's what I do. But there's always some dumb shit happening as soon as I start getting him below 50%. And by weird shit I mean DaS2 hitboxes tier shit. I guess I just need to be patient and keep trying.
>>
What the fuck do you mean you "can't"? You mean you quit after a few attempts like a lazy whiny bitch? This is the kind of attitude that turns men into cucks.
>>
>>332524375
>Tanking is always inferior to dodge
In Ds case its not true. In my first pt i tanked all bosses with greatshield without bothering to roll. Its much easier and less risky
>>
I wish parrying was like souls parrying. I just can't fucking get the timing for the pistol-parry. There's something clear about throwing up a weapon to block/reposted last second, but th timing in bloodborne just seems arbitrary and unintuitive, and different for each enemy but with no clear indication.
>>
>>332524270
Bloodborne is the hardest in the series as far as I'm concerned. no blocking, armor is useless, playing defensively is impossible, and magic isn't overpowered. All of the typical easy mode tactics are gone and just dodging every hit is harder. I don't understand how anyone could think it's easier than hold up shield or crystal-magic-spear-to-win souls
>>
File: Thumbs up.jpg (54 KB, 473x561) Image search: [Google]
Thumbs up.jpg
54 KB, 473x561
>>332524570
Hit the nail on the head.

>first boss
>shoot it in the head twice
>it falls over
>parry it
>repeat until it dies
>mfw I do this with every boss
>never get hit because the game allows you to be sonic
>>
>>332524315
Compared to most modern games they are fairly challenging, but I would agree they aren't hard overall.
>>
>>332524054
Well, for the Cleric Beast it certainly helps. The Yharnan Hunter gear that's sold at the shop is a direct upgrade in every stat from the beginning set.
>>
>>332525153

don't waste on that shit theres a full armor set upgrade in the sewers like 5 minutes later in the game
>>
>>332522917
Literally spammed R1 with the cane sword, not checking my position and when he swung I outhealed every hit he did to me
>>
>>332522917
>Platinumed DkS1 & SL1 playthrough
>complete SOFTS and do 2nd play through shieldless
>defeat ruin sentinels boss before selling it
>play BB die ~100x to cleric beast
>finally do it and get on with the game + get all 3 endings

I have no idea why i it was such a problem. That boss gave me the most trouble in any souls game, i think it was adjusting to the erratic movements, and that fucking backswing, even though i saw it with Raime
>>
>>332524919
It's pretty simple, just shoot them mid attack for the most part
>>
Just skip Cleric and go to the super easy Father Gascoine
>>
>>332524474
I agree with that. DaS 2 I did my first knight build with a shield, bastard sword, then later red twinblade. It was easy mode, but thinking back vendrick would have one shot me every time if it wasn't for that.
>>
>>332524570
I don't know, enemies tend to be just as fast or do crazy damage.
>>
>>332525657
this

i've never played souls before and i LITERALLY died only around 10 times during BB because parrying is so simple.
>>
File: 12734156.jpg (17 KB, 539x960) Image search: [Google]
12734156.jpg
17 KB, 539x960
>>332523974
>tfw you use all your vials fighting his second phase because there is no proper time to get close enough to attack without him hitting you
>>
>>332524740
I think better for you is just make new char. Its sound terrible but believe me, you'll breeze to that point without errors made in prevorius char
I lost all my supplies too. My second char got 120+ vials stacked before fight

>>332524820
You can start to learn not only boss patterns, but what you are doing bad. For me it was overreacting, dodging too fast because of panic. Try to calm down, get confidence in your moves. It will help because for example bsb start to spread poison and its easy to get greedy, stab him 5 times and get poisoned without time to cure and healup damage

>>332524897
Yes, it looks liek that, but consider that using shield gives you big weigh. And taking heavy damage drains more stamina. Dodge in light armor uses always same amount of stamina and allows you to avoid any damage.
I used shields in my first characters, but then realized that armor doeasnt matter because in ng+7 most things will kill you in one hit anyway so i learned that dodging is jsut better in my opinion. Also some guys just love playing with shields and they also completed game on ng+7

>>332524919
Learn which attack can be parried.
You shoot not durning wind-up, but when attack comes at you. Its look like you have 0.1 second to react, but you need just some practise

>>332525127
In modern games standard, solus games are considered hard
In 200-2004 terms, its just normal
>>
>>332523765
How? If you dodge left and wail on his ass while he's doing his combo he can't hit you his tracking is garbage. Probably the easiest boss in the game
>>
It's weird because this is the only boss in the entire Souls series (including Demon's) that I've beaten on the first go.

I usually panic and end up dying when a boss appears but not in the case of Cleric Beast.
>>
>>332525071
>repeat until it dies
Most bosses you have to wait 2-3 minutes for their weak spot to regenerate, doesn't sound very fast.
>>
>>332524570
>every single boss in the game can be parried
But thats wrong though
Breaking a head isn't the same as parrying
>>
>>332526376

>try to beat boss legitimately
>lol bro it's fuckin easy just cheese using i-frames u casual :^)
>>
>>332526945
The fuck are you talking about you don't abuse iframes if you dodge left when he starts his combo you can get 3-5 hits on him easy because his hit tracking is really slow
>>
File: maxresdefault-22.jpg (164 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-22.jpg
164 KB, 1920x1080
>>332522917
Don't give up!

Seriously though, this was my first From Soft game and I was discouraged too but I refused to let a game get the best of me so I manned up and got gud.
>>
>>332526945
>cheese using i-frames
What, were you just standing there letting him hit you? You can't rely on gun parries to carry you through the game.
>>
>>332524270
I felt like it was probably slightly more difficult than the previous souls games. Not in my experience, but when I imagine how it might be for a newcomer it seems way harder to get into. The tutorial is much shorter and you don't even get to kill anything before you meet the enemy you're supposed to die to, you can more easily get fucked over in the long term thanks to the non-regenerating vials and there are a couple of bosses that are pretty big ramp-ups in difficulty, like BSB and Ludwig.
>>
OP here, finally beat him but only after I turned off the auto-adjusting camera. holy shit I could finally see the boss and dodge his attacks. This game does not handle big enemies in a good way imo, but I admit I am also bad.
>>
>>332524740
>wear father Gascans gear
>always dodge forward left
>use saw weapon
EZPZ
>>
File: 1455000091450.jpg (95 KB, 500x427) Image search: [Google]
1455000091450.jpg
95 KB, 500x427
Even as a DeS/DaS veteran with several hours I still had a very hard time with the Cleric Beast, until I realized that
1) You shouldn't use lock on on him, at all
2) Some bosses have weak spots that you can break to stagger them and some spots that you can break with your gun to get free Visceral Attacks
3) This is most important of all, you can charge your attack.

Maybe I just missed it, but I don't recall the game telling you anywhere that you can perform wind up attacks with your weapons. After learning about this attack the whole game became a cakewalk. This is pretty much the most important attack VS bosses in Bloodborne, otherwise you're going to do pretty low damage to them.

But, yeah, I found that the standard approach of Hack n' Slash didn't really work in Bloodborne. Doing charged attacks seemed to be the bread and butter of the game.
>>
>>332524270

It was easier in two regards:

1) Character controls well enough for oyu to get in the zone often enough to dodge everything and shit out damage
2) 20+ healing items per boss battle and unlimited bullets makes things a lot more mangeable if you play safe

Orphan of Kos remains the single hardest souls boss ever, though.
>>
File: 1427154927157.jpg (24 KB, 236x234) Image search: [Google]
1427154927157.jpg
24 KB, 236x234
>Really want Bloodborn
>Can't justify buying one console for one game
>Decide to wait untill more games come out, like Kingdom Hearts 3 and FFXV
>Suddenly, PS4K

Glad I waited. This is the N3DS all over again.
>>
>>332525346
its not even later if you are at CB you can find the hunter armour
>>
>>332522917
I hate when people complain about getting "one/two shot" in BB

The whole idea is to not get hit at all. You can't tank in BB. It's not dark souls. You increase vit so you can survive fuck ups. Don't expect to be able to trade blows with bosses or larger enemies.

Always be moving, don't lock on to big bosses, and be aggressive. That'll beat every boss in the game.
>>
>>332523765
Literally parried it to death on the first try my problem was Rem.
>>
>>332523765
With all of BSB's base attacks you can walk around him to his right, don't even have to dodge, and they'll all completely miss. Not including his grab and crazy combos he gets later in the fight though
>>
>>332527845

>PS4K turns out to just be a version of the console that can upscale certain games to 4K resolution for the social elite that own 4K TVs
>Nobody trades in their old PS4 to play it
>Sony instead just alienates new buyers by making them now choose between a launch edition with slightly worse specs, a new version that is slightly lighter/better, and this new 4K version that they'll probably never maximise the use of

It really is the N3DS all over again. 2 games will support it and then nobody will give a shit.
>>
File: 1458883229568.jpg (227 KB, 570x1518) Image search: [Google]
1458883229568.jpg
227 KB, 570x1518
>>332527845
Is PS4K confirmed? I really want to play BB on silky smooth 60 frames, which I hope it does.
>>
>>332524054
Armor is much more significant in Bloodborne than any other Souls game. With the default set, and having not leveled my character at all, the four-legged wolf guys on the bridge before Cleric Beast kill me in 2 hits. When I put on the Hunter's Set you find in the area, it takes them 5 hits to kill me. Pretty big difference.
>>
>>332524270
Every other boss was easy or took two times. That fucker took at least 30 and I had to summon someone
>>
>>332525562
I also had the same problem.CB was a really big obstacle for me, i quit the game for 3 weeks.Even though, i have played other souls games before.But strangly right after i beat it, every other boss seemed easier.
>>
File: 1454654019869.jpg (32 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1454654019869.jpg
32 KB, 640x480
>>332528131
It's not about the overkill that is 4K. Its about selling a PS4 that is the same as the regular PS4, but 1.5x better, which is great.

>Games that used to dip below 30 fps will now never dip, might even reach 60 fps if we're lucky
>720p games will now always be 1080p native

This is literally a good thing for those uf us who waited.

>He bought a lunch-day PS4
>>
>>332528645

I doubt it'll upscale all games like that. The lack of FPS dipping is a possibility, but I highly, highly doubt that even a "1.5x PS4" will do much for already-released games.
>>
>>332528829
If it's anything like the N3DS then games can be made better and just downgraded for normal PS4s.
>>
>>332522917
If this is your first souls game, keep going, Took me around 72 hours of play time to get through Demon Souls my first time. You'll get better as you play more, the whole appeal of the game is dying over and over and adjusting your strategy as needed, looking shit up will trivialize everything. If you don't enjoy the challenge, then drop it and move on.
>>
How do I beat the Agymalda (sp) in the Nightmare Frontier?
>>
>>332530720
have you tried hitting it until it dies?
Wait for the head to come down then smack a bitch
>>
How do i beat Gehrman?
>>
>>332531786
parry dat ass
>>
>>332528427
Early on, maybe, but near the halfway point, armor just ends up being personal preference. It might help occasionally if you need a specific resistance like fire or poison to keep you just safe enough to survive another hit before you have to get away and take a vial but as far as pure defense goes, it really stops mattering after a while.
>>
>>332531786
Good luck he's the hardest boss
>>
>>332532352
I legit don't get this. You can literally just stun lock him for quite a lot of damage after most of his moves, and parry him to boot. What about him is even remotely hard? I don't think I've ever used more than one sloppy vial on him, and yet I had quite a bit of trouble with Ludwig, Orphan and even BSB.
>>
>>332532078
This. Gehrman is a more well designed Gwin but still suffers the same weakness.
>>
Which is better burial or ludwig?
>>
>>332532657
Pizzacutter
>>
>>332532471
How exactly? His range, arc, and damage are all insanely high. He's fast too, I think he's the hardest boss for sure. BSB was a cake walk, so easy to dodge. Not germahn though, also summoning doesn't count which I had to do.
>>
>>332532657
Ludwig for pure DPS but it's a weapon for scrubs
>>
>>332533701
If you think that about ludwigs try pizza and break pve
>>
>>332522917
Give up, the game is ass anyways. You wasted your money.

Ignore the community, they're full of maymay shitters who deny the game's obvious flaws.
>>
>>332523561
Dead or alive
>>
>>332533484
I don't ever summon. I just, I don't know, attacked him when I could and dodged around him when he was doing his shit. Got him first try on all of my runs. His attacks just seemed immensely easy to dodge and predictable to me. BSB meanwhile has fucking poison building up in the last phase and an instakill grab attack. I can't even remember most of Gherman's attacks because I just murdered him.
I first played the game only a few months ago, so it's not like it was due to the memory leak glitch or whatever.
>>
>>332534023
That's funny, sure BSB took a few tries but I always got really close. Germahn just fucked me up I never even did half myself. Seemed like every time I moved in I got punished, although I do tend to go straightforward when I play.
>>
Why do people complain about Orphan or Ludwig? Maria is way harder. Also the two fucks in the well
>>
>>332522917
Yes.
>>
>>332534557
>>332534367
I really don't know what it is, I just found the humanoids to be really fucking easy. Gascoigne is only kind of hard when he goes werewolf, and at that point I just throw molotovs at him. I got them all first try without any trouble, while Ludwig, Laurence and Orphan took me lots of tries.
>>
What weapon do you guys recommend for starters ? I got the threaded cane which is kinda weak it took me a eternity to beat the clearic beast at third try but god that was long
>>
>>332536389
Axe is great for beginners has good damage, versatility, and if you are losing to hard you can always fall back on spin2win cane can still be great if you invest alot into skill though
>>
>>332536389
Just use the Saw Cleaver. It's moveset, damage, and ease of use make it really really good for most of the game. Also it's Transform attack does extra damage to beasts
>>
>>332536815
untransformed does extra damage to beasts
>>
>>332534557
I've found Bloodborne to be more polarizing than any other Souls game. People tend to agree on which Souls bosses are the major difficulty points, but everyone seems to have different experiences with bosses in BB.

Maria pushed my shit in, but I was stuck on Orphan for a solid month. I actually found nonhumanoid bosses to be far easier than the humanoid ones. Ludwig, Laurence, even the fucking Defiled chalice bosses gave me less gyp than Maria and Orphan.
>>
>>332536389

Just use the cleaver.

I've been playing BB as my first Souls game and the cane felt really useless against him. Really there is a trick to every boss and once you get the rhythms down it gets easier.
>>
>>332536656
>>332536815
>>332537380
Il Will try those but i can't bought them yet i think you need to pass father gascoine or smth ? Is the kirkhammer any good ?
>>
>>332537823
there's a item down in the sewers near a large pig that you need to pick up then they will become available in the shop you could also find the saw spear down there which is a real nice weapon
>>
>>332538264
OK thanks Will try that too
>>
>>332538264
Saw spear is found on a corpse hanging by a chain from the rafters near where you meet Eileen for the first time.
>>
File: 1453261834301.gif (21 KB, 176x164) Image search: [Google]
1453261834301.gif
21 KB, 176x164
>>332523561
Dead Rising: Frank's Revenge
>>
>>332536389
I used transformed Hunter's Axe and Threaded Cane for Papa G and Cleric Beast, and Kirkhammer for Blood Starved Beast and Vicar Amelia. Firebombs and Paper are highly recommended.
>>
>>332532098
Choir armor was the only thing keeping me from dying in two hits in living failures during the comic blast if I got blindsided by a projectile spawning on to me.

With any other armor I just died.
>>
>>332538505
>>332538437
Yeah I was just mentioning it is down in the sewers as well not nesecarily in the same
>>
>>332538946
just sayin for his benefit man, helping him know where to look since saw spear is basically a straight upgrade to the cane
>>
>>332522917

Yes.
>>
>>332539054
>>332538437
Yeah I guess if he was going skill for the cane then saw spear would be best starting weapon to benefit from that
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.