[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody else think modern video game developers are jealous of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 8
File: 034-480x319.jpg (22 KB, 480x319) Image search: [Google]
034-480x319.jpg
22 KB, 480x319
Anybody else think modern video game developers are jealous of Miyazaki (at least the ones that actually understand truly good video games)? I mean they just can't fucking touch this guy, especially on an artistic level. Miyazaki is a true auteur.
>>
File: 1459325765993.jpg (157 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
1459325765993.jpg
157 KB, 1440x810
Anybody else think modern e-celebs are jealous of AlphaOmanletSin (at least the ones that actually understand truly good video games)? I mean they just can't fucking touch this guy, especially on an artistic level. AOS is a true auteur.
>>
Anybody else think modern shitposters are jealous of OP (at least the ones that actually understand truly good shitposting)? I mean they just can't fucking touch this guy, especially on an autistic level. OP is a true faggot.
>>
Soulsfags are the worst.

Jesus, is there a more deluded fanbase?
>>
>>332509986
>muh Miyazaki
Jesus fuck, stop sucking this guy's cock. He ruined Armored Core.
>>
>>332509986
It's funny how a dude who they just threw into salvaging a shitty game at From soft became a huge seller and now he's considered a genius in gaming.
>>
>>332510207
The Fallout fanbase for thinking Fallout 4 was good.

There is nothing more delusional than that.
>>
>>332510397
Everyone starts somewhere. Remember when Kojima was a nobody?
>>
>>332510397
>now he's considered a genius in gaming.
but he is. the man is brilliant.
>>
He decided to start making video games at age 29.

AGE 29.

Inspired by games like Ico and older jrpgs, From soft was the only company who would hired him, he directed the armoured core series then moved onto the souls. He is now the president of the company.

He described his early childhood as being ''tremendously poor''.

I wonder how much From Soft developers actually make after steam/Bandai and
Kadokawa takes their cut, the idea that they get less than what they deserve kind of pisses me off to be honest.
>>
>>332510695
>the idea that they get less than what they deserve kind of pisses me off to be honest.
Video game developers are underpaid on the whole. Most of them don't get royalties and whether the game they made sells a thousand copies or ten million copies the pay they recieve is the same. Average pay for a game developer is ~80k a year which is admittedly good, however it's not unusual for publishers to hire people on <6 month contracts, overworking them during crunch time and then kicking them off the boat once their time is up.

As much as people bitch and moan about DLC it's a way to keep game devs on the payroll of large publishing companies.
>>
>>332509986
I dont think any modern developers actually play games. They to selfish and self absorbed. And think what they do is better.
>>
>>332512642
>I dont think any modern developers actually play games.
modern vidya developers are /v/?
>>
File: tvknjg4nsndv3r4gyslp.png (619 KB, 1656x959) Image search: [Google]
tvknjg4nsndv3r4gyslp.png
619 KB, 1656x959
>>332509986
>walk around the world
>you can see area you passed when you look back
>you can see area that's coming next on the horizon
>if you go down these stairs you will be able to open magical door you couldn't from the other side an hour ago
>if you roleplay as shepard you will be able to herd your whole flock in this castle

miyazaki's map design, man. something else.
>>
>>332510407
Fallout fanbase doesn't have people raising patreon money to slashfic about the 'lore' and observe simplistic design choices like they're never been seen before.

>oh, look a wall that dissapears! it reminds me of dali's melting clocks in a sense that inundates your ludonarrative capabilities to the point of ecstasy
>>
>>332510695
I wonder what games put more money in From's pockets, Namco or Sony published?

They get a much bigger budget with Sony, and Japan Studio's help, but that doesn't neaisarily translate to more money (which is what From and its shareholders care about, whatever Myazaki's artistic vision says).
>>
File: cia.png (563 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
cia.png
563 KB, 569x802
>>332513038
>neaisarily
>>
a true autist
>>
>>332513102
Phone posting is hard work, and actual dyslexia. I've misspelt stuff so often that the missseplellings have been added to my phone's dictionary.

I know misspelling is misspelled but that's how it came out, I kept it as an example of how shit at words I am.
>>
>>332509986
he's literally a one trick pony who thinks 30fps in an action game is somehow acceptable in the year 2016
>>
>>332513272
>missseplellings have been added to my phone's dictionary.
LMAO

omfg s mh
>>
I'd rather have a game with an average art style that runs well than another game as broken as Bloodborne

Miyazaki is 100% style over substance
>>
HE IS A BASED GOD
>>
>>332513534
No shit
Games that look like shit don't seem you idiot
>>
>>332509986
Fuck your Souls rehashes, Fromsoft! Where's my Kuon 2?
>>
when will this board realise that japanese companies make terrible video games
>>
>>332513778
when you realise youre on the wrong board
>>
>>332513534
You are a retard. He uses the medium like few directors do by focusing on gameplay and subtle story telling supported by it. Contrast this with someone like Kojima that treats games almost like movies.
>>
File: mememe.gif (162 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
mememe.gif
162 KB, 255x255
>Miyazaki has made more great games in the past five years than the entire western AAA industry combined

How can westerncucks even compete?
>>
>>332514591
But all he's done is make the same game over and over again for 5+ years. Same as the Western market, you just happen to like his one game better than theirs.
>>
>>332514293
You're right about Miyazaki but in Kojima's defense, the gameplay in MGS games is still top of its class. He obviously values gameplay aswell.
>>
>>332514680
>you just happen to like his one game better than theirs.

No shit. Japanese games tend to be more about gameplay and actual exploration than HERE IS LIGHT TOWER AND HERE IS QTE NOW DO THESE FOR 50 HOURS
>>
>>332514591
Still salty about TW3, eh weeb?
>>
File: 1456596597648.jpg (2 MB, 6064x6072) Image search: [Google]
1456596597648.jpg
2 MB, 6064x6072
>>332510116
>>
>>332514775
Why would I be salty about the Polack version of Ass Creed? Personally I'm happy that Ass Creed fans now get more Ass Creed games than just five times a year.
>>
File: 1456822899131.jpg (22 KB, 218x265) Image search: [Google]
1456822899131.jpg
22 KB, 218x265
>>332513272
>the missseplellings have been added to my phone's dictionary.
>>
There's so many little things that make Dark Souls brilliant that Miyazaki deserves a lot of praise.
>>
>>332510207
MGSfags, that's about it
>>
>>332514913
>Why would I be salty about the GotY?
Heh
Weebs
>>
>>332514680
>you just happen to like his one game better than theirs.
That's the point though. Miyazaki's samey games are very superior to anything the west has produced in the past 5 years.
>>
>>332515051
Not that anon, but
>GOTY awards
>actually holding any weight
wew, I guess TLOU really is one of the best games ever made then.
>>
>>332515051
Funny how CDPR drones were so hostile towards GOTY awards when Cisquisition was sweeping the awards.

But I guess it's ok when CDPR does it.
>>
>>332513102
that's a big word.
>>
>>332514684
He obviously does, MGS games always have a massive amount of polish and detail but he could learn a lot from Miyazaki regarding story telling. Ironically, while having good gameplay and few cutscenes MGS V is probably the worst Metal Gear because it doesn't lend itself to the open world format at all.
>>
>>332515554u
>>
>>332512642
implying that gamedevs don't play games no matter how greedy
>>
>>332513272
You don't have to justify your shit to plebs m9
>>
>>332514680
I'm astonished at how ignorant you seem to be about the grueling process of refining a strong formula and making a good game in general.
>>
literally who?
>>
>>332514293
>He uses the medium like few directors do by focusing on gameplay and subtle story telling supported by it

Well, he did in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. Bloodborne is a fucking mess.
>>
>>332516175
Explain
>>
File: image.jpg (284 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
284 KB, 1920x1080
>especially on an artistic level
I'm sorry, what was that, FromFag?
>>
>>332516175
Come on, Bloudbourne may be weaker than the souls games, but it's still a solid 8/10 and an amazing game. The loading times are still horribly long, and the framerate is pathetic, but that's a console issue, hard to do better considering the more than solid visuals. Art style and level design are DS1 tier, and the DLC is lost crowns tier, 10/10. And I'm not even a sonnyger, BB is amazing.
>>
In Miyazaki we trust
>>
>getting yearly souls installments

WHY
>>
>>332516625
>solid 8/10
How is anyone supposed to take your seriously when you use vague numbers to describe games?
How?
"8" doesn't mean anything
Fucking hang yourself
>>
Miyazaki didn't went to video games school, he went to video games.
>>
>>332518439
Are you retarded?
8 out of 10
10 being absolute perfection, 5 being the most average ever, 0 being Big Rigs.
9 is god tier, so old hunters and lost crowns
7 is pretty good tier, Dark Souls
8 is Bloudbourne, even better than pretty good, not as good as god tier.
>>
>>332519382
PCcuck detected

>lost crowns being on the same level as old hunters

Go back to writing petitions to Based Miyazaki, dark souls 2 is trash, fucking garbage compared to Bloodborne don't even compare them you fucking cuck.
>>
While I really, really love all the Miyazaki souls games (bloodborne in particular, being his latest and greatest, was fucking incredible), I wouldn't exactly go and say that people are jealous of him. I would like to see how he fares in a different genre now that he's come to his own as a games director. All the souls games are, deep down, the same in terms of gameplay and level design, two key factors of game design, so, I want to see what his next non souls game is like. If it reaches the incredible levels of quality and good decision making that souls did, then by all means Big M is one of the greatest directors in gaming.
>>
>>332519382
Go to sleep Tanimura
>>
>>332519612
Until then, he doesn't have shit on Shinji Mikami, Yu Suzuki, Hideki Kamiya, Yoshiaki Koizumi, etc...
>>
>>332516860
because theyre fucking great and I'm perfectly okay with this

except dark souls 2
>>
>>332510061
Shouldve been
>on an autistic level
>>
>>332510061
DUDE METAL LMAO
>>
>>332509986
>The sky is blue
>Water is wet
>Life is suffering
>>
>>332509986
no
Every "auteur" developer sees their self as video game Jesus.
They are far to narcissistic to admire another.
>>
>>332510116
Topo kekas
>>
>>332520364
That sounds pretty extremist and a bit like projection
>>
>>332516175
Bloodborne was done very well, the story was still told in an interesting way but gave you a bit more to go off on which nice.
>>
>>332520168
And this year you'll say "except dark souls 3".

Souls will become the new Assassin's Creed, it's very predictable. Even Ubisoft is considering taking a break now.
>>
>>332519573
Petition for what? I spent more time on BB than DS2 and DS1 combined.
But you have to be a fucking retard to not realise how good lost crowns are.
>>
>>332520594
>And this year you'll say "except dark souls 3".
from everything ive seen it's looking like a solid 9-9.5/10

sorry famtula
>>
>>332520594
Assassins creed is different from the ground up and is completely different from souls. You can't compare the two just because of the rate games come out. Assassins creed has had some horrible entries as well and souls has not. Theeyre all good.
>>
>>332510335

He directed the best one you nigger cock loving faggot.
>>
>>332519382
Sunken King would be a 9 if it weren't for co-op cave and npc gank boss

Iron King is carried only by the fume knight bossfight - the level design isn't nearly as good as sunken and it has even more tedious ganks than the basegame

Ivory King is neat conceptually, Alsanna's one of the better npcs and the final bossfight is great, but you need to grind for Loyce Knights forever, the level layout is still mediocre and the fucking ganks are still tedious - oh, and then there's frozen outskirts. Garbage.
>>
>>332509986
He can't make good PvP so I doubt any devs I care about really notice him much. The games interesting mechanics peaked at Demon's Souls and have been going downhill since then.
>>
>>332520778
>Armored Core 4
>best
Kill yourself Miyazaki drone.
>>
>>332521064
that was like his first game and he was not in his element. every game he's directed so far has gotten better and better (though I haven't played DaS3 yet), and each iteration set the bar really fucking high

souls is literally the only modern video game series worth half a fuck anymore and I say this as someone that has been gaming since 1990.

miyazaki is the best thing to happen to the modern video game industry. the fact that /v/ kiddies try to deny this really make me think you fags mostly just hate shit just for the sake of hating it (and try to be all cool and contrarian in the process) instead of giving credit where it's due.
>>
>>332521630
>miyazaki is the best thing to happen to the modern video game industry
He's not Croteam.
He may be a decent director but he sure as fuck isn't the second coming of Christ. I wish you drones would stop sucking his dick.
>>
>>332520649
Tanimura spends his time shitposting instead of directing his game like Miyazaki, no wonder his games are shit.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.