[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I Dont fucking know what to do anyomore the thread >Beat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 10
File: dark-souls.jpg (160 KB, 849x473) Image search: [Google]
dark-souls.jpg
160 KB, 849x473
I Dont fucking know what to do anyomore the thread
>Beat queelag
>Go to sens fortress
>Fucking lizards.jpg
>Go to Darkroot Garden
>Kill the fucking Butterfly
>Spend 20K on the key
>Everyone in there rapes me
>Back out
>Slowly
>Times to visit undead aslyum
>Nope the fuck out
>Well The Great Hollow it is then
>All good
>What the fuck is up on Ash Lake
>Get the fuck out
And that is it i dont have a clue of what to do
Inb4 git gud
Im using drake sword...
>>
you have to get to the top of sense fortress and fight the EZ roof boss

any by that i mean allow suge knight to kill him for you
>>
You go back into that forest you piece of shit, and git gud
>>
>>332506402
>>332506447
Im getting mixed feelings here anons
Also there is something really big in the bottom of the forest, like way too fucking big to die
>>
>>332506296
If Sen's Fortress is open then that's where you have to go. Doesn't mean you can't explore the forest or other places.

Drop your piece of shit sword, it's a trap for new players. Instead get a decent weapon and upgrade it as high as you can.
Some suggestions: Claymore, Halberd, Battle Axe, Great Club, Estoc, Bastard Sword, Balder Side Sword, Zweihander
>>
>>332506525
you mean the hydra?
>>
Sens fortress is the way forward.
Git good and drop your piece of shit sword that gets outclassed by almost any upgraded weapon at that point.
>>
>>332507406
Yes
Its the same thing on ash lake right?
>>
>>332508002
The snakes do away too much dmg and are really resistant to sword hits
I dont have single trace of magic on my char
>>
>>332508217
You just need to run close enough so they stop shooting water, then block and swing. There is nothing more to it. There are plenty of shields by that point in the game with 95+% physical damage reduction. You can also do asylum return easily, the only real threat is getting buttfucked as soon as you land.
>>
>>332508217
>>332508348
Oh whoops, thought you meant hydras when you were talking about lizardmen. You should be able to kill them in 1-3 hits with an upgraded weapon.
>>
>>332508348
Well then i fucked up my char
My Sl is 38 and i cant really do any of things i mentioned when i started the thread....
Fuck me
>>
>>332508217
You don't need magic.
Drake sword has no scaling so you don't get bonus damage from your stats and they are practically wasted.
They are resistant to damage because you only have 200 damage from the drake sword and there are defense thresholds that if you pass them even by a single point you do much more damage.
At that point you should be able to upgrade your weapons to +10 which is much better than the drake sword.
Also just block their attacks with a shield. Preferably one with lightning damage reduction.
>>
>>332506296
Sens is the way to go my friend
>>
>>332506296
>Im using drake sword..
theres your problem.
get a weapon that scales to your stats and upgrade the fuck out of it
>>
>>332508449
Gotta farm some souls then, thanks
>>
>>332508217
You can either use the traps or make them fall to their deaths if they're too much of a pain to deal with.
>>
>>332508415
I'm not sure what you mean. You can always just get more levels indefinitely, and your levels probably aren't wasted unless maybe you have dumped a ton into faith/int and don't really want to use magic (even faith alone could be used for pyros at least).
>>
>>332508614
Er, attunement, I meant, since it would seem like a wasted stat standalone to a new player. Faith would be for miracles.
>>
Since you guys are helping op
What does the basement key (?) the butterfly drops open?
>>
>>332508614
Im good then just gotta upgrade
>>
>beat gaping dragon
> go to blighttown thinking there will be a bonfire early on
> get killed by poison darts when your purple Moss clumps decide to not heal poison
> get ass fucked by framers the drops the next time and lose the souls forever.

Is there any point in continuing
>>
>>332508712
It opens the door near the Hydra in darkroot.
>>
>>332508415
As long as you didn't put all your points into resistance they aren't really wasted. Resistance is the only useless stat. A typical playthrough can go as high as level 80-90
>>
>>332508830
They don't respawn so they won't be as big an issue next time, and you have to use the super duper purple moss clumps or whatever the fuck they are called if you want to get rid of the toxic. No idea what a framer is. The only bad part about blighttown other than the framerate is the catwalks on the depths side.
>>
>>332506402
speaking of tarkus, i was watching vaatis lore series and in the tarkus one he says the various balder/berenike knights you encounter are knights that came to try and solve the undead curse or w/e, but they became hollow and now are enemies, so then what enemies are placed specifically to stop you in the world and what enemies are just failed heroes?

btw the whole tarkus is the one who broke the windows and basically forged the path through anor londo but fell to his death blew my fucking mind
>>
>>332508415
For new players I would recommend getting END to at least 20-25. More stamina means more attacks and more blocking. Don't level up any stat beyond 40 until NG+ because you start to get extremely diminishing returns.
>>
>>332506525
Standard route

Asylum > Firelink > Burg > Parish > Darkroot Upper > Lower Burg > Depths > Blighttown > Asylum > Darkroot Crest Area > Sen's > Anor Londo > Painted World > Catacombs > Tomb of Giants > Duke's Archives > Crystal Cave > New Londo Ruins > Demon Ruins > Lost Izalith

Do Great Hollow, Ash Lake and Valley of Drakes optionally. If you have the DLC installed of course do that.

If you're satisfied you're done with that playthrough head to Kiln.
>>
>>332509428
I usually do Lost Izalith before tomb because of the sunlight maggot
>>
>>332508164
Same enemy. You don't really need to worry about them, unless you wanna access the DLC, then you gotta kill the hydra at forest
>>
>>332508164
yes, it's the same. Just get close to her and fuck her up in melee, she has horrible aim with her melee attacks. But not too close or you'll drown.
The hardest part is dodging her bullshit spits while closing in. But once you're close it's rather easy.
>>
>>332508217
Just use backtabs/parry, whatever you're better at.
>>
do you even have the BKS?
>>
File: 1432812119249.jpg (9 KB, 196x225) Image search: [Google]
1432812119249.jpg
9 KB, 196x225
OP better have 2 dump stats or he's an idiot
>>
>>332508415
Get your endurance to 40 asap. It gives you mas stamina which in return translates to more attacking/blocking and longer sprinting before running out of stamina. Also increases your max carry weight. also you should pick which weapon you're gonna stick to - dex, str, int or faith and dump the rest lvls into said stat+ an occasional vit.

Also, while you're pumping souls into that endurance don't be afraid to occasionally raise your other stats like str and dex if they are required to equip your weapon of choice.

And, like others ahve already said ignore resistance. Literally meme stat.
>>
>>332509718
Gonna try this before sens
Clear the way to the dlc and what not
>>
>>332510035
>meme stat

It really isn't
>>
>>332510165
It's not a meme stat, it's a "literally useless shit" stat
>>
>>332509428
I always do Nito last, as a hommage to classic Castlevania games.
>>
>>332508830
>your purple moss clumps decide not to heal poison
you got hit by toxin, not poison (different color on the tooltip icon's drop). you need blooming purple moss clumps to heal that one
>>
>>332509428

>"Blighttown > Asylum > Darkroot Crest Area > Sen's"

This section seems a bit off; the stuff in asylum second visit and past the gate are quite a bit stronger than sens.
>>
>>332509104
>o then what enemies are placed specifically to stop you in the world and what enemies are just failed heroes?

Only pic relates and Asylum Demon qualify. The demon i think is there to prevent the undead from escaping. And Sif doesn't care about your goal, but he ain't letting anyone go into the abyss again T_T

Ornstein and Smough, and the rest of anor londo bunch are there to test you, i think. All the other bosses/undead are attacking you because you're on their turf, not because they are trying to stop you from achieving your goal.
>>
File: 1399251206152.jpg (112 KB, 658x933) Image search: [Google]
1399251206152.jpg
112 KB, 658x933
>>332510563
>you're on their turf

You mean they're in the way
>>
>>332510693
No, I mean what I mean. You are never the one to attack first - they always jump on you just because you've wondered into the wrong neighborhood.
>>
>>332510563
>All the other bosses/undead are attacking you because you're on their turf,

so, for example, the taurus demon just decided to chill out at that bridge even though most of his bros are down in the demon ruins? i know im probably just overthinking a fucking game, but the lore of this game is fascinating to me, because it doesnt seem to be just boss man throwing baddies at you to keep you away while he works on his plan to take over the world.
>>
File: tumblr_mv5ahysd1u1sm6f69o1_500.jpg (47 KB, 500x415) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mv5ahysd1u1sm6f69o1_500.jpg
47 KB, 500x415
>>332510693
> dear black knight
> not silver knight
>>
>>332510276
Correct
>>
>>332506296
Need to get to top of fortress and then you can go and rage quit in anor londo
>>
>>332508830
Retard
>>
well you can go full-on skrublord, gain human form and summon some other faggot for some jolly-cooperation if you haven't done that.
>>
>>332511210
>so, for example, the taurus demon just decided to chill out at that bridge even though most of his bros are down in the demon ruins?
Actually yes. If you talk to the Undead Merchant he says that the neighborhood has gone to shit lately because a demon have moved into the tower above (taurus), and the area below (capra). The way he said it made me think that it happened just recently, but we are definitely not the first 'chosen' who have come to Lordran.
>>
I'm upped my STR to 32 and wielding the BKGS+3 with gargoyle shield. Using Havel's Ring with some points into vitality, so I have a normal weight. About to venture into Anor Lando now.

Am I doing okay?
>>
I let go of my controller and accidentally hit that annoying fucker in the qt spider room. I got an egghead because of it and couldn't find any egg vermifuge for some reason. Haven't played since.
>>
>>332511210
>>332511513

Come to think of it. The Belfry Gargoyles may or may not be another test from Gwyndoline and co.
>>
I assisted a gent named CHANGOMONTES against the gaping dragon. We met up again in the catacombs, and for my help he gave me all the titanite. Like, ALL the titanite.

So now everything I have on that save is +10. Game got really EZ.
>>
different anon, doing a new playthrough after finishing the game on easy mode ( aka a sorceror ), i've got both the Gravelord Sword and the black knight halberd, which should i use
>>
>>332511514
You're fine, black knight weapons will destroy everything in a first playthrough
>>
>>332511784
If you are asking which is better the BKH is amongst the best weapons in the game for PvE, so....
>>
>>332511498
That won't help you in Sen's Foretress at all.

Though honestly, Sen's Foretress is pretty easy on your second go. On my last run I got through there on my first try, then forgot to rest at the bonfire on top (I keep forgetting that activating them is not the same as resting), somehow managed to die against the iron golem, and had to go through the entirety of Sen's again - did it on my first try, again.
>>
>>332511589
Having an egg head is cool.

Also, just farm those egg carriers, they drop the vermifuge for some reason. I mean, if they have it, why don't they use it themselves?
>>
>>332512268
Because they're willingly carrying the fair lady's eggs
>>
>>332512729
But why do they carry the vermifuge with them?
Also, do we know those are the eggs of the fair lady? Fucking worms hatch from them.
>>
I'm just starting Sen's Fortress. Any tips I could keep in mind to make it a bit less painful at times?

>>332511784
Try both, pick the move set you like more
>>
>>332512819
Description of the vermifuge egg:
>Bitter, sour chestnut. Removes parasitic egg from body.
>The egg-bearers have chosen to serve the
Flame of Chaos, and the eggs symbolize this
selfless choice.
>Naturally, these chestnuts are forbidden, but are allowed under certain circumstances.

Also
>After the Bed of Chaos incident, the daughters of the Witch of Izalith are scattered. Quelaag and one of her sisters came to Blighttown and settled there. The natives who serve them are called the Chaos Servants. The natives were infected with the Blightpus, but Quelaag's Sister swallowed it all, making her sick in the process, even though Quelaag ordered her not to. Now, the Chaos Servants help their Fair Lady by feeding her humanity to alleviate her pain.
>>
>>332506296
Why do people use Drake Sword instead of Black Knight Halberd when they want easy mode?
I'll never understand.
>>
>>332506296
Go to sens fortress
>>
>>332510538
I do asylum's second visit before blighttown, because of the ring!
>>
>>332513161
Because cutting(but more often shooting) off something's tail seems way more cunning and "one weird tip" than a standard enemy drop, so people think it's going to be a better weapon.
>>
You don't really have to fight enemies on those long catwalks. Just waight for the traps to pick them up.

Pay attention in narrow hallways. Apply what you learnt in the beginning.
>>
>>332506296
Sen's Fortress
It'll get much harder after that
>>
>>332513161
Because BKH does not always drop.
>>
>>332513615
Was meant as a reply to >>332513057
>>
Playing through this for the first time now. Where the fuck do I go after getting the Lord Vessel in Anor Londo?
>>
>>332513850
Seriously? There's a massive out of place cutscene that shows three paths opening up. One's in the graveyard by firelink, one's in the lava ruins, and the other is left from the first bonfire in anor
>>
>fucking lizards.jpg

improve your armor and main weapon a bit, by the sounds of it. the hard part of the fort is not the enemies. (its getting clipped and falling 3 miles.)
>>
>>332513850
Four places to explore:
Anor Londo
Quelaag's Domain
the kingdom of the spooky scary skellingtons
the kingdom of the spooky scary ghosts
>>
>>332514026
I must have missed it, I honestly don't remember the cutscene. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>332514171
Oh shit, and what this nigga said >>332514137 ghost area is from the lift under firelink
>>
>>332514171
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQFrLBXOKW4
>>
>>332509104
>i was watching vaatis lore series
Get out.
>>
>playing dark souls for the first time
>go directly to catacombs

JUST
>>
File: screenshot_2016-03-30_15-07-52.png (816 KB, 672x686) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_2016-03-30_15-07-52.png
816 KB, 672x686
Is there reason why everyone stops leveling at certain rage?

Also my cleric since posts with pic are more likely to be read
>>
>>332515865
>rotund cleric with a sack on his head

A man of taste.
>>
>>332515865
So there would be distinction between builds in pvp. Otherwise everyone would just max out all the stats. Also so that people who want to pvp honorably can easily find opponents with the same SL.

It was also one of the issues with dark souls 2 and soul memory because it was getting harder and harder to find people to invade.
>>
Op here, Hydras are piss easy to kill
Quick where does this ladder behind her lead me?
There was a message saying "dragon" and other saying "Liar"
Im also upgrading the broadsword as much as i can
>>
>>332516693
If you haven't beaten the game yet, get the fuck off this board before you have everything spoiled. Retard.
>>
>>332516734
I have been here for years
I know almost everything about dark souls, wish i didnt...
>>
>>332516693
Fuck it im going op
>>
>>332516925
Beware the cats
>>
>>
Who /hypeforthefirstweekofDaS3beforesomeonefindsthemostbrokenshitandeveryonecopies/ here?
>>
>>332517040
Fuck me
Fuck all those fucking souls
That fucking shit is the path to sif
>>
>>332516693
up is a shortcut of sorts through the forest, walk along the wall leading away from the waterfall towards the back of the area, facing where the hydra was towards the left, stick to the wall though or you might fall into the hydra pit, if nothing appears, quit and reload your game
>>
File: cats.jpg (87 KB, 425x750) Image search: [Google]
cats.jpg
87 KB, 425x750
>>332517307
BEWARE THE CATS
>>
File: 1457602560729.jpg (169 KB, 587x468) Image search: [Google]
1457602560729.jpg
169 KB, 587x468
>>332506296

New player?
Use the Macho Man build please:

Normal Butcher Knife, up that bitch until +15, only basic upgrade path.

Put all on STR

Never die again son.
A Scaling with strenght. Not that heavy. Fast (you can use a shield). Heavy hitter.

Best weapon for noobs.
>>
So i just got a Raw broadsword and the drakesword is still doing more damage..
Im getting so tired
Guess im gonna keep killing hydras
>>
>>332517647
Also with good Str you can carry around a great shield and a good armor.

Really easy mode Butcher Knife + heavy armor + great shield. You don't even need to min-max shit or pick the best armor or shield.
>>
>>332506296
>Using guides
>Using Drake Sword
Kill Your Self
Just go to Sen's fortress, nigger
>>
>>332517962
Not guides
I just like /v/
>>
>>332506296
Uninstall and play a better game, you'll thank me
>>
File: -LIUetMXVpw.jpg (17 KB, 331x600) Image search: [Google]
-LIUetMXVpw.jpg
17 KB, 331x600
>>332517721
>raw
Nigga u don fukked up. +10 normal is better than max raw.
>>
>>332518106
i can revert it
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.