[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't believe I defended steam at some point. What a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Say it with me DRM.png (33 KB, 496x154) Image search: [Google]
Say it with me DRM.png
33 KB, 496x154
I can't believe I defended steam at some point.

What a Steam Cuck baby I was thinking they were the greatest company around. Totally better then EA support amiright
>>
>3 minutes late to work
DUDE 9:03AM IS STILL 9:00AM CALM DOWN DUDE WHAT A STUPID RULE

go fuck yaSELF
>>
>clearly says they won't refund a game that exceeds 2 hour of playtime or the date of purchase exceeds 2 weeks
>refunds it at 2 hours and 3 minutes
>holy shit why can't i refund it steam is stupid amirite guys xD
>>
If you weren't sure you'd like it, you should have either pirated it or played it via family share from a friend or something.
>>
File: corporate cuck slaves.png (44 KB, 291x86) Image search: [Google]
corporate cuck slaves.png
44 KB, 291x86
>>332497587
>Work does not equate to buying a product .You corporate cock sucker

>>332497618
My steam account says I only have two hours. Let me just go back to pirating all my games serves me right thinking "epic" friendly le fat hat jew that has a strangle holdon the pc market would be friendly to a long term user with hundreds of games
>>
File: steam.jpg (23 KB, 938x60) Image search: [Google]
steam.jpg
23 KB, 938x60
>>332497618
>clearly says they won't refund a game that exceeds 2 hour of playtime or the date of purchase exceeds 2 weeks
xD
>>
>>332497482
2 weeks is fair, but two hours playtime? Maybe I play too many RPGs that take 5+ hours to leave the starting area, but 2 hours sounds like it would be too short to determine if you like the game or not.
>>
>>332498254
The Steam refund system is not there for you to see if you like the game or not. It's there to ensure you are not having any performance issues that prevent you from playing the game. They still allow it to be used for that, though, since there's a "It's not what I expected" selection.
>>
that's kinda fucked up, hope you bought it on sale at least

almost certain most of the people who review the refund requests don't even bother reading the reason why someone tried to issue one
>>
>>332498603
But don't most physical game stores offer some kind of 7-day refund policy that lets you use the excuse that you don't like the game? I've even been allowed to return games with the excuse that I already finished it.

In fact, don't most stores in general have some kind of short-term policy that lets you return an undamaged product if it doesn't suit your needs? Isn't it part of some consumer law or something? Or does that simply not apply because it's digital, even though you pay as much as a physical game?
>>
>>332497985
why would you want to refund GTAV anyway? it is straight forward game and the system requirements are on the page

>>332499082
It mostly depends on where you live because laws are different but for europe it's around the same page that you can't refund store goods for no reason. They either have to be damaged or not do what they promised. Everything else is on the store and they giving you the rights to refund for other reasons because that is not covered by law. That 2 weeks thing is only for online goods because you can't touch them like in the store before you buy them. It makes sense for video games because there are too many people who pre-order and buy on launch without caring about reviews. If the product is dogshit or buggy as hell, they at least get their money back. That 2 hour thing is on valve and not covered by any law.
>>
>>332499082
No, actually. Places like Walmart and Target do not allow returns on anything disc related, because they believe they're easy to copy the data off of them and get a free game.

GameStop allows you to trade the game back in to them for lower than what you paid, because you're trading the game in, and not getting a refund.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.