[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have never played a Souls game /v/. How do I remedy that?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Dark-Souls_2011_07-11-11_007.jpg (705 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Dark-Souls_2011_07-11-11_007.jpg
705 KB, 1280x720
I have never played a Souls game /v/. How do I remedy that?
>>
By playing a Souls game
>>
>>332492275
Where do I get these Souls games?
>>
>>332492275
Or Bloodborne.
>>
>>332492107
That's good. The game is not as good as people say it is. They think hard = good, and the game isn't even that hard.
The series has now turned into call of duty where they will continue to release the same fucking game every year.

Plus, the community for the game is full of edgelords and tryhards, best stay away from the cancer.
>>
>>332492328
store.steampowered.com
store.playstation.com
amazon.com
ebay.com
bestbuy.com
>>
>>332492392
What if I dont wanna pay?
>>
>>332492432
kat.org
>>
>>332492107
The souls games are an excellent series, but not to everyone's taste. An important thing to note about the games before going in is that the difficulty is not the point. They are hard, but there are way harder games out there. The point is that they are compelling and interesting and well designed (for the most part). They have really deep complexity, though, which might require you to do some research on certain mechanics as you make your way through.

Bloodborne and Dark Souls are both excellent starting points. Dark souls II is sort of divisive and not everyone believes it is a very solid game. I personally don't enjoy it as much and don't really recommend it at all, but my roommate loved it, so I recommend playing Dark Souls (and playing Dark Souls II if you end up liking the series). Dark Souls III is coming out soon and it's getting relatively high praise. Demon's Souls is also very good.

All of them can be played on ps4/ps3 and the dark souls series can also be played on PC and Xbox. Good luck brother. The community ranges from being hostile and shitty to very informative and open minded and helpful.
>>
>>332492107
When people say to stay away from the Dark Souls community, they are basically saying stay away from /v/, which everyone here knows, but everyone here is a depressed sad-sack so they keep coming back.

The games are fun to play. They are not hard. Considering you come to this website means you shouldn't have much of a problem with them once you've got a feel for the system.
The story is wayyyy to vague, but if you're a person who likes digging through a world and piecing together really chopped up bits of story, then this game might get you involved. Honestly though, the story of the game is the last thing you'll care about when playing it. There's a great thrill when you find a new enemy, and try and understand its moveset before killing it.
The environment is beautiful in most cases, the weapon variety is great, the armor set variety is also great. The controls are...well...mostly responsive. If you get used to when you can roll and can't you'll actually find the controls aren't a problem.
The frustration people have for these games is unjustified, and the game has blown up on this site for obvious /v/ reasons.

Of course, this all doesn't matter to you, because you'll never actually play it and this is a b6 af post. If you do play it. Fuck off, you're not worthy to play this masterpiece.
>>
>>332492371
Mid level bait.

As for OP, you have to be 18 to post
>>
>>332492107
get Dark Souls 1 on a console. The PC port is trash. I can run Dark Souls 2 on pretty good settings, but I can't get 10fps out of Dark Souls 1.
After 1, pirate scholar of the first sin, and then 3 will be out on pc by then.
>>
>>332496123
>but I can't get 10fps out of Dark Souls 1.
Your PC is just trash, you fucking idiot. That's not the port's fault.

And again OP if you have not played a Souls game by this point probably the best thing for you to do is to don't be a bandwagoner, trend following, flavor of the month, full casual, mindless consumer or, to put it more succinctly, fuck off.
>>
>>332496459
>that's not the port's fault
Kek
Literally everyone knows, the dark souls 1 port is basically a 1:1 port with absolutely zero optimization. Even for people who can run it, it's terrible without dsfix
>>
>>332492107

You should play DS1 OP. I'm on my first playthrough and it's pretty fun. Combat can bet weird at times, buts it's mostly pretty solid and the environments and weapon selection are top notch.
>>
>>332496821
With a decent PC and installing a couple mods which is child's play you get a superior version to consoles.
>>
>>332496956
>the environments are top notch
You sir have excellent taste in hallways.
>>
>>332496459
Who the fuck are you to tell the guy what to like or to try? You fuck off.
>>
>>332497240
I bought Demon's Souls when it came out. When was that, 2009? As far as I'm concerned the series will lose nothing of value if some underage idiot who's only interested in it because it's cool (at the moment, because a new game happens to be coming out soon) doesn't play it. I probably wouldn't have gone out of my way to tell such a person these views but, you know, OP asked and all.
>>
>>332496459

I agree with you, his PC is trash, my 10 year old toaster runs DaS at 30-60 fps @ 1080i. But geez, stop being a faggot, who said that games must be played on release?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.