[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oldfag here, haven't played video games since about 2003,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
Oldfag here, haven't played video games since about 2003, but got a craving for it again recently, so want some advice on what to get.

Gran Turismo and Tekken were my fav series on PlayStation, so naturally I looked at the PS4. But the new games are nowhere on the horizon, and the PS4 isn't backwards compatible with PS3 so I can't play the previous versions on it to hold me over. So should I
>wait?
>wait but buy a PS4 in the meantime anyway and enjoy some similar games? (are there even any good ones yet?)
>just get a PS3 instead?
>or get an Xbox One instead? maybe there's a new fighting game franchise and new racing sim franchise that have surpassed these two that I don't even know about? e.g. what's the consensus here on Forza compared to GT?

I loved Nintendo too back in the GameCube days, but it seems they've just gone from meme gimmick to meme gimmick. So forget that shit.
>>
If you get a PS3, you'll have all of last gen exclusive + console exclusives but when games like Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted 4, R&C and Gran Turismo 7 and Tekken 7 come out you'll otherwise miss out if you only want to buy one consoles.

This is quite a mixed bag because Rachet and Clank comes out next month and Uncharted 4 shortly after. Bloodborne is an incredibly good games but apart from that, the PS4 doesn't many system sellers at the moment but it has great games like Gravity Rush, Tearaway, Infamous SS etc.

Then theres FFXV which you can play first on PS4/Xb1
>>
>>332491506
Just like to emphasise that you can't really go wrong with a PS3 either because of how many good games it has in its library.

As for GT vs Forza, GT has always been the better series in my opinion but 5 was a step back in some respects because of PS3's shitty architecture, that's all. GT 7 I have extremely high hopes for.
>>
Gt4 and gt6
>>
>>332490824

>PS3

+ Free online MP (if you care about that)
+ Console should be cheap
+ Decent Library of games (should be cheap)
+ Backwards compatible with PS1

- Your playing last gen games, so don't really expect new ones.

>PS4

+ Latest games

- You like online MP? Fuck you give me money.

Wait abit, E3 is right around the corner so that might give you a clearer picture of what is going to happen for the rest of the year. And there might also be a new PS4 model soon.
>>
How are Driveclub and Project Cars? Enough fun and replay value there to hold me over til GT7? (As far as racing games are concerned)
>>
get a PS3. Its cheap so when you realise most modern games are shit your losses will be minimal
>>
>>332497775
Considering he can play PS1 games and download ps2 games, the loss isn't too bad.

I have a ps3 and a vita and its working out for me so far. Considering a ps4 though since senran kagura doesn't preform on the vita as well and the new Dynasty warriors game is better on the ps4 too.
>>
>>332490824
Get a good PC. You seem like a life dude so just get some prebuilt piece of shit from alienware or something, yeah you're overpaying but you'll save a lot of time and hassle. Get Street Fighter V, Fallout 4, CS:GO, and Dark Souls 3. That should pretty much cover all of the bases.
>>
>>332499498
Lol
>>
>>332499498
>>332490824
Also for racing games I would recommend Trackmania 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sB4uuXBG44
>>
File: 1458011931921.jpg (26 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1458011931921.jpg
26 KB, 640x960
Just wait for Tekken 7 and Gran Turismo 7
>>
Whatever you do, play all of Dark Souls. Demon's Souls too if you get the chance.

It's the best thing to happen to videogames in the last 10 years, they actually made a 3rd person action RPG with great skill-based gameplay that also has the best multiplayer, both co op and vs, ever conceived for a videogame.
>>
Drop tekken, pick up street fighter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67itXHepyC4
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.