[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Define Neo-Nintendo.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: 1433294007868.png (257 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1433294007868.png
257 KB, 480x480
Define Neo-Nintendo.
>>
>>332489795
everything post-gamecube era
>>
Meh
>>
Shit
>>
Realizing that 10 people want Amiibos and New 3DSs, but only making 2 of them.
>>
Trying too hard for innovation in an attempt to make lightning strike over and over.

Don't get me wrong, innovation is good. But I'd like to see what they could do if they put their minds behind a "regular" console.
>>
File: DLC.png (2 MB, 1666x1227) Image search: [Google]
DLC.png
2 MB, 1666x1227
>>332489795
Gray-logo hypocrites.

We should have seen this coming when they said like in 2004 that gamers don't want to play online.
>>
>>332489795
the exact moment when nintendo ran out of original ideas
>>
>>332490550
I think the issue is they've made many "regular" consoles in the past, everyone else is making "regular" consoles, so they want to be different.
>>
>>332490692
Yeah but this feels like when you shoot a crumpled piece of paper into the bin across the room and you make it. You then keep trying over and over, occasionally making it but mostly landing outside of the target.
You waste a lot of time and a lot of paper for the fleeting moments of victory that comes so randomly.
>>
File: 3x3.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
3x3.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>332489795
>>332490630
November 2008
>Well, here's about the oddest press release I've seen in a long time. It's from Nintendo Europe. Informing me that, as of now, Nintendo Europe have a new logo. The press release reads:

>Dear Media Partner, For several years, a new generation of Wii and Nintendo DS games have adorned themselves with a new logo, in discrete grey. In various publications the former logo, with red lettering, can still be seen. In the event that you have not already done so, we would like to sincerely ask you to now only use the current, gray Nintendo logo. Yours sincerely, The team from Nintendo & Popular PR.

>Yes, the grey one's been around for a while, but still. To completely kill off the traditional red one is strange! The red logo was synonymous with fun. A grey logo is synonymous with boring. Hopefully this only affects Nintendo Europe, and we don't see the same presser being issued from Nintendo of America or, worse, Nintendo Japan, as part of some global crackdown on fun.
>>
>>332489795
NSMB-like rehashes.
>>
>>332489795
They lost most of their creativity and are now relying pretty much solely on nostalgia.

Also, so out of touch with consumers it's laughable.
>>
>>332490630
Nintendo's logo has always been monochrome, except when NoA and NoE censored it
>>
File: 1457245832909.jpg (27 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1457245832909.jpg
27 KB, 480x360
>>332489795
Nintendo pulling modern practices such as dlc, pay dlc, mobile games that alienates consumers using NoA level of marketing.
>>
I'll just input my personal nitpick.
>Buy amiibo
>Two exclusive apps made for it.
>Mini Mario minigame, that they won't put out because they want people to buy amiibo to get it early.
>Scanning other amiibo doesn't put that character into that "game"
>amiibo Tap
>Glorified version of Smash Bros. Masterpieces.
>Still have to buy the game you got from the amiibo.
>you payed money for these things.

It feels like they don't even try to make these things do anything cool.
>>
>>332490630
I can't even get mad at the mk8 dlc because it doubled the size of the original game almost
>>
File: WL4_level_icon_Toy_Block_Tower.png (28 KB, 158x162) Image search: [Google]
WL4_level_icon_Toy_Block_Tower.png
28 KB, 158x162
>>332489795
Like that Kid's Toy World from Wario Land except extended into entire games.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.