[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There is no single best console ever but that gen, the gen before,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: v ps2 guide.jpg (4 MB, 2558x3000) Image search: [Google]
v ps2 guide.jpg
4 MB, 2558x3000
There is no single best console ever but that gen, the gen before, gba, ds and the wii were all amazing consoles and were the last great consoles, after that vidya started to go down the shitter and even though there were still great games, tons of retarded trends and such began to occur. Games also took a more realistic root killing creativity. I rarely buy new games now cause the modern game industry is fucked. I really only emulate and buy older stuff I missed now. And now since I think about it, that confuses me a lot, why people have to buy the newest games and can't go back and enjoy older ones. Why people don't play the rest of an old series for free before picking up the new one (mgs is a good example). You'll gain a bigger appreciation and maybe even play better games then the new one. I played Jet Set Radio for the first time last year and it's now one of my favourite games ever. Basically, what I'm saying is vidya is fucked and these trends are because the newer generations have shittier taste
>>
>>332485739
PS2 has been widely accepted as the best console ever regardless of your personal opinion on the subject. Nintendo shit doesn't even come close.
>>
Nah there are still good games being made, you're just a faggot who can't accept that and would rather cling to nostalgia goggles and pretend that there weren't any shit games in the past
>>
>>332485790
You're right, it was the best at being the weakest of it's generation and having all the latest shovelware.
>>
>>332485824
Did you read the post?
I straight up said great games are still made but the amount of quality games is becoming less and less. Was there trash back then? Of fucking course but there was a lot more gold too. Even the shovelware was fucking great sometimes, we had great licensed titles, a lot more variety in art style, gameplay, soundtracks and such. Vidya as a whole has become worse.
>>
>>332486087
>Vidya as a whole has become worse.
Nope
You just have nostalgia goggles.
>>
Games just keep getting more expensive, which means you have to pander as hard as possible to make back your money. Nobody can deny that. No new console will have even half the size of the ps2-catalog, because they are too expensive to make and stop smaller studios from making games.

Also, the east has FUCKED up the last gen. They completely lost touch with the mainstream and either go for anime shit or lazily copying the west.
>>
>>332486121
I've just explained how it's become worse, you explain how it has become better. With the exception of graphics vidya hasn't improved really. And even so Art Style>Graphics
>>
NES
SNES
PS1
PS2
If I was only allowed to play those 3 consoles for the rest of my life, I would be okay.
>>
>>332486221
Full aspie looking for a debate
>>
>>332486221
>>>/vr/
Go cry about modern games there
>>
>>332485739
>Wii
>an amazing console
Opinion invalidated, I own one, it's shit. There isn't a game on it that wouldn't benefit from removal of waggling and more raw power in the machine itself, it had a good library but the console itself is garbage
>>
File: 1458313196150.gif (801 KB, 250x170) Image search: [Google]
1458313196150.gif
801 KB, 250x170
>The Wii was an amazing console
>>
>>332485739
>dodonpachi dai ou jou
>mushihimesama
>ibara
>giga wing generations
>psyvariar
>homura
>time crisis ii
>time crisis 3
>crisis zone
>playstation exclusive shooters

>most of the playstation exclusive fighter category
>playstation exclusive fighters

>skygunner a shooter
>but ace combat and macross not shooters

>another century's episode
>armored core
>not shooters

what?
>>
>>332486485
>>332486514
I like how you fail to make any sort of argument cause you have nothing to prove

>>332486596
>>332486642
I agree on the fact that 99% of games failed to use waggle controls well however some did
RE4 was a ton of fun with aiming
Light gun shooters were great
No more heroes was a ton of fun
Red Steal 2

The consoles lineup of games was amazing and probably ended up being my most used console in the end
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.