[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it really so bad? I see /v/ shitting on it and saying nothing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
Is it really so bad?

I see /v/ shitting on it and saying nothing good, while the rest pf the world seemed to think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Who's right?
>>
>>332477521
>/v/ is one person
I loved it.
A friend of mine who goes to /v/ thought it was okay but too repetitive and he didn't like the combat.
Some people hate it. Go play it and make an opinion of your own you cunt.
>>
It's fucking great.
>>
>>332477675
I want to get some opinions before i spend money on it.
>>
>>332477809
Pirate it. If you like it, buy it, if you don't, don't. That's what I did.
>>
>/v/
>ever right about anything
It's a good game.
/v/ shitposters are /v/ shitposters.
Their posts, and their opinions: shit.
>>
File: Achimpuschristmas.png (266 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Achimpuschristmas.png
266 KB, 640x480
It's pretty good, but it has some glaring issues that most people seem to ignore, to be specific, the gameplay is generally not that good, movement is floaty and imprecise, your horse is straight up retarded and the path finding is awful, combat isn't really bad but it's really simple and feels like every other AAA game with melee combat.
that being said i actually really love the game and am currently playing it again, /v/ always deals in absolutes and people like to shitpost.
>>
>>332477521
>>332477809

Hello I am anonymous man

This is my anonymous opinion:

I liked it overall.

I felt the story, the world and the quests were 10/10 extremely immersive - beautiful graphics and the character writing is top notch

I felt that the gameplay was incredibly bland and a bit boring (quen slash roll potion repeat) and that some of the world outside cities was a bit empty (a lot of very pretty forests with nothing in them except the same angry fish men enemies)

I felt that the game handheld the player a bit too much

I still think it is worth a play and I clocked in over 40 hours (and I'm barely even half way through the main story)

If you like a huge detailed open world with very well thought out quests then this is for you.

However it suffers what I like to call MMO syndrome - it is very easy to get ridiculously rich in the game and become a god amongst men very quickly
However you will never become too powerful, as you have the same skills and fighting style all the way throught the game and the "RPG levelling" elements is merely small percentage modifiers, which I have mixed feelings about.
>>
>>332477898
Nah i've recieved too many warning letters already.
>>
>>332478317
What?

Anyway, it's my second favourite game of all time, it got me back into gaming. It has huge, glaring flaws like the fact that the combat isn't all that good and the mission structure is sometimes grindy. And the pacing is fucked up.

But I loved it, and a big part of /v/ loved it too. It was /v/'s GOTY 2015 in all the big strawpolls I've seen.
>>
No, just because you see /v/ shat on it doesn't mean you are inclined to believe it's the truth. It's GOTY of a good reason.
>>
It can't be that bad, woman on the cover is wearing a cloak, sexy as fug
>>
>>332477521
Possibly the best RPG I've ever played.
>>
>>332477521
>Is it really so bad?
No
>>332477521
>I see /v/ shitting on it and saying nothing good, while the rest pf the world seemed to think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Jealous Sonyggers mad that their Bloodcuck game didn't got that much attention
>greatest thing since sliced bread
I wouldn't go that far, but it's definitively bigger than Jesus
>>
Quick question for anyone who played Witcher 2 as well.

Is it as clunky to control basic movement? I remember sneaking around the camp was a pain due to Geralt trying to burst into a sprint on a light tap of the button.
>>
>>332478551
>second favourite game of all time
>not saying what your first favourite is
Well?
>>
>>332479560
It's not as bad but it's still pretty clunky
>>
>>332479657
Heroes of Might and Magic III, the greatest game ever.
>>
>>332477521
It's good but overrated. Honestly the combat is just not up to par with the standards of other games but that being said the game offers a hell of a lot of other things to make you care not so much about the lackluster combat. It is overrated for the same reason Bloodborne is constantly being trolled and shit upon, take from that what you will
>>
>>332479657
undertale
>>
>>332479784
Good taste anon
>>
>>332477521
It was pretty bad, I couldn't force myself to complete it. The story wasn't THAT engaging in my opinion, Geralt feels like a backstory character and the combat is suuuuuuuuper clonky, boring and repetitive. I tried, I swear I tried... But I fucking couldn't keep going
>>
>>332479903
Thanks, I'd say you too, but I don't know what you like.
But then again you consider HoMM3 and W3 good taste, so you probably have good taste.
Well done anon.
>>
>>332477521
>greatest thing since sliced bread
Anyone who uses that comparison should kill them self immediately
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.