[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you still play it /v/? If not, why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 17
File: ogimage.img.jpg (264 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
ogimage.img.jpg
264 KB, 1200x675
Do you still play it /v/? If not, why?
>>
you should be asking if the dlc is any good
>>
Are you implying that i bought it after playing the demo/beta?
>>
I do. The balancing is kinda messed up. On certain Map in Walker Assault, the Imperials might as well not bother playing because the Airspeeders can one shot the Walkers. Seriously this happened recently and it pissed me off, both out AT-ATs were a pretty much full health but we lost because of the Airspeeders
>>
I play pretty much daily.

The visuals, score and gameplay are GOAT, but fucking shit this games is unbalanced as fuck.
>>
I like it almost as much as I like dicks. Which is a lot.
>>
>>332477081
You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

What am I talking about you love me when I'm angry!
>>
That new level 60 rebel skin is terrible, I unlocked it just because it was something to do but I don't use it. Playing Greedo is fun as hell, but you have to be fast because everyone wants him. Do you think they'll change the hero selection back to random?
>>
>>332477649
Doubt it. what makes Greedo fun?
>>
>>332478446
His speed combined with his confidence system, once you get started on a roll you get even more powerful so you want to keep it going. It makes reaching unstoppable and getting the unique imploder so satisfying. Running people down with heightened senses makes him feel like a real bounty hunter.
>>
This game was already treading on thin ice for me until my friend convinced me to get Rainbow Six Siege. After that I would just play this every now and then. Then they announced Greedo and Nien Nunb. Now I don't play it at all.
>>
File: that's not how the force works.webm (654 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
that's not how the force works.webm
654 KB, 1280x720
>>332476410
Occasionally

I got the Xbone version as a gift. it's not a terrible game by any means, but there's just not enough content to make it more interesting for me and i'm not paying for more sand related DLC maps. I hate sand.

there's just not enough staying power for me, I find myself playing Gears and Siege far more often when it comes to current online shooters.
>>
>>332480973
seriously

Greedo and Nien fucking Nunb when we already have Rodian and Sullestan skins?

the dev team obviously doesn't give a shit about true Battlefront fans
>>
File: 1455835822784.gif (1 MB, 488x488) Image search: [Google]
1455835822784.gif
1 MB, 488x488
It's better, but not good yet.
I'm still pissed at disney over the prequel neglect though, it's stupid how much they're ignoring them.
>>
>>332481372
>I hate sand

You're a good guy. Don't show up to the Jedi Temple tomorrow.
>>
>>332480163
>unique imploder
I haven't played greedo much, what is the imploder? I know he has a dioxys and impact but I can't remember anything else
>>
>>332482686
The grenade you get as a power-up that has a huge blast range. It makes a cool ass sound and explosion when it goes off.

fucking love throwing it at spawn points to get multiple kills or dropping it just before I die to get a revenge kill
>>
>>332476410
The gameplay is pathetically shallow, it's copy of CoD instead of battlefield. You can't play the role of a support medic or a pilot using vehicles you can only play the role of a solider who gets vehicle perks if he gets the necessarily amount of kills which results in everyone charging forward in the start of a match and not seeing a AT-ST until about 5 minutes.

Apparently there were black women and alien stormtroopers in the movies no one has seen before.

It's going to take until the end of next year for the game to have as many levels as it's predecessors. The game is a technical marvel so it's going to take fuckall long time to get anything done. We don't know if they're even going to make anything new, just copy paste everything from the movies which they're already 9/10s of the way done. This is further clear and more evident when the first new heroes introduced are Greedo and whoeverthefuckthatis Sulustian co-pilot Lando had in RotJ. You wanted Chewbacca or Lando or Ben-Kenobi? Well shit we can't reuse the present resources for them so let's go with the former two and expect the most sub-standard approval.
>>
>>332482686
You tend to notice it when you see it.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ly5KUR202Tw
>>
>>332483424
https://youtu.be/8A160piVq0E
>>
refunded it after a day

honestly surprised EA allows it on origin with as many pieces of shit they release

$60 DLC paywall holding 80% of the content that should've been in the base game
>>
I wanted to, I really do, but it's dead as hell on PC and it's just not satisfying to play.
I'm just waiting until they release the ultimate edition or whatever, hopefully more changes like adding the roll will come.

Just has that Diablo 3 thing going on, garbage at release but might be good later? No clue, but I'm hoping it improves as I'd love a new proper Star Wars game.
>>
>>332476410
>go outside the map boundaries
>"what are you doing soldier, return to the battlefront"

gdi ea
>>
>>332483439
Have you played the game Anon? You can't be an alien stormtrooper and you don't get killstreaks. You find random pickups scattered around the map instead. It is lame though that there is no real variety, was a little excited they finally added an actual sniper rifle.
>Only headshots are lethal
>Gun needs to be cooled after one shot
>mfw enemies health regens by the time you cool it
>mfw I have no face
>>
>>332484086
It's a cycler rifle with a better fire-rate and a laser instead of slug
I guess that was the only way they could balance it.
>>
>>332483424
>turn a corner to see three enemies clustered together
>they're gunning you down, know you can get a sweet OHBABYATRIPLE if you can just manage to th-
>die mid animation

EVERY. TIME.
>>
>>332483498
Hot damn thats cool
The one good thing about this game is the visuals and sound. I guess when you spend two years making something look good, it tends to look good.
>>
>>332484326
They could have just made it a regular sniper rifle like in any other game. Just give it a few more shots before having to do that awfully long "reload"
>>
>>332484883
>two shot kill, one if headshot
>can fire it a couple of times
But then how would they balance that? Everyone would be sniping all the time, and then it would get nerfed to be a worse T-21B
>>
THEY'RE LOSING REINFORCEMENTS
THE ENEMY HAS CAPTURED A COMMAND POST
>>
>>332485902
WATCH THOSE WRIST ROCKETS
I wish SBDs weren't the standard unit. I prefer B1s
>>
File: spooky windu.png (622 KB, 1919x816) Image search: [Google]
spooky windu.png
622 KB, 1919x816
>>332485996

I've done all I can, may the Force be with you
>>
No, but I do still play Battlefront 2. I have 190 hours now.

It's a lot of fun trying out different mods and maps, they more than triple the content of the game.
>>
>>332486837

how is there already a Battlefront 2 if they just released the first one??
>>
>>332484437
>playing blast on sulfur fields
>get up on the little cliff that has two runways to get to
>set turrent facing the thin area troops have to funnel through from near the spawn point
>camp at the other side entrance behind the rocks so nobody approaching can see me
>setup a proximity bomb at that spot
>rack up 30+ kills in one match because the bounty hunter trait is fucking great
>anytime I'm killed they get hit with the proximity bomb since the only way to kill me is to get in its range

Instant revenge kills are great when they happen. The only ones that suck are when you both got your shots off at the same time and you both die. That happens way too often for some reason.
>>
File: harold.jpg (29 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
harold.jpg
29 KB, 300x450
>>332485902
There's no voice when the new heroes spawn in.
>>
>>332486905
Isn't it a little too late for you to be posting with school tomorrow?
>>
>>332485996
Same here.
SSB's should have been the first CIS unique unit, and Magna Guards should have been a special unit that was only playable when Grevious was spawned.
>>
>>332484437
They made a change so now you drop your grenade when you die, instead of it just vanishing. It's something.
>>
>>332485339
Good point
I guess this game really is shit and so are the players that do play it.
I played it today
>>
>>332484437
>Die mid animation
>Still hear the imploder go off
>0 kills
>>
>>332484086
Use the cooling cell star card. The only problem is you're going to spend a shitload on charges and you're probably just better off going with a better loadout with one of the sniper star cards. Cycler Rifle is great now that shields got buffed. Plus it kills idiots who don't move from far away and can ohko like the jawa blaster at close range. Even if you miss the headshot, you still have your primary to get that final shot. The sniper primary weapon lacks that option.
>>
>>332476410
No, because i have Battlefront 2
>>
A open world (with pvp) Star Wars game with BF graphics would be GOTY
>>
File: cm_20150921_5463_035.jpg (134 KB, 900x1350) Image search: [Google]
cm_20150921_5463_035.jpg
134 KB, 900x1350
>>332476410
yes, I enjoy the gameplay a lot but I lose interest quickly because the game is constantly putting me with the losing team, even if there's space for me and another person I still end up on the losing side.
I can let it slide when it happens every now and then but Every Single Time I play this game I have to suffer through this for 1 hour until I finally get in a good team or all the shit people have left and the game has decided to finally let in good players on our side.
This is one of the reasons I still enjoy playing Battlefield games over other mainstream shooters, because it lets you switch teams.
>>
>>332487285
The real problem with it is that there's no sidearms. With the cycler rifle you get to bring an actual weapon.
So you HAVE to take the scout pistol if you're using it.
>>
>>332487806

maybe you should try the console version then since there's only 10 people playing on PC
>>
>>332487534
That's the problem though. I just wanna chill in the back as a scout trooper picking off rebel scum on my own accord.
Kinda like when you find that comfy spot in Caspian Border BF3 and just chill with your rifle and some bros in the chat.
>>
>>332487806
>get put on a team with only 2 players
>other team has like 8
>new players are added to the team with more

Whoever designed the matchmaking for Battlefront deserves to never work again.
>>
File: weeee.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
weeee.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>EA games for ten years
My only hope is that they'll use the sick graphics on games that actuall have real development time.
>>
>>332488192

>Speeder crashed into you
>you die

I don't see a problem here
>>
File: highcamera.webm (2 MB, 1206x754) Image search: [Google]
highcamera.webm
2 MB, 1206x754
>>332488262
It's mostly a showcase for grafix
Also the guy wasted that speeder
>>
Dead game.
http://swbstats.com/
>>
File: 449.gif (1 MB, 242x270) Image search: [Google]
449.gif
1 MB, 242x270
>>332488192
>mfw I instant kill a hero by divebombing my ship or hitting them with a speeder bike
>>
File: luke gets rammed hard.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
luke gets rammed hard.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>332488869
Speederbikes are only good for instakilling heros
I wish they were on more than one map, they're my favorite.
>>
File: Tensai's face when.jpg (183 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
Tensai's face when.jpg
183 KB, 768x1024
>No Clone Wars content
>No plans for Clone Wars DLC

it failed from the beginning
>>
>>332476410
I dont have it yet but played the beat it was fun. I plan on getting it one day.
>>
it's like all the shit they learned from fixing bf4 went out the window, even stuff that's been a standard for BF already.
Like for example, in 4 you can't spawn on a squadmate when he's in action, cool I get it, I have visual feedback that he's in action so I can choose to wait or spawn on a flag
In SWBF you can't see if your partner is in action or not and if I should wait or not, you just have to wait like an idiot to hopefully see if his name can be highlighted or scroll through all the players to see what's happening.
I can pick this game apart all day not just blindly bash it. I do enjoy this game but there are so many head scratching game development decisions made for this game that frustrates me because I enjoy this game, I know dice can make good games despite what /v/ thinks because they can shine at times even in mess ups like bf4 launch, but they somehow keep fucking up, I want to just blame it on EA but at some point the blame has to go to the developer as well, wtf happened in that studio to make them fuck up this bad, they are clearly passionate about star wars with all the ridiculous detail this game has, so wtf.
>>
Can I get this for cheap?
>>
>>332476410
I stopped playing after the beta because it was a bad game
>>
>>332489473

the objectively superior console versions are on sale at GameStop
>>
>>332489520
Maybe I'll check it out for PS4. I hate playing shooters on consoles though.
>>
>>332477045
>gameplay are GOAT
>unbalanced as fuck
proof that your opinions are wrong and shouldnt be trusted
>>
File: speeder beats luke.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
speeder beats luke.webm
2 MB, 854x480
>>332489403
>>332489341
It's because EA got the rights, and then had two years to make the game to cash in on movie hype.
They made the game look good, and then function. The actual gameplay got thrown to the wayside because they didn't have time for it.
>>
>>332489403
>it's like all the shit they learned from fixing bf4 went out the window

This fucking kills me. Time after time it's like DICE has to relearn how to make an okay game all over again. I particularly LOVED watching the chat window and features evolve over the lifespan of Bad Company 2, finally settle on a nice place, and then when Battlefield 3 came out they had to learn it all over again. Okay, surely Battlefield 4 will be fine on launch.... NOPE. Chat window and settings are fucking garbage again, big surprise. How does one company consistently fuck up something as basic as a chat window, 3 fucking times in a row?
>>
I bought it, got to max level and enjoyed my time with it. but I did get bored playing the same maps and same few game modes ( as all the other modes are dead.) so i'm done with it. Also nobody plays anymore. If the DLC was free i'd consider installing it again.

not only is the 50$ dlc a huge turn off but it splits the community. it's the same problem battlefield has always had, all the way back to 1942. I bought the secret weapons of world war expansion but I never got to play any of the maps since only a very small fraction of the already small community owned it, so no servers actually ran it. i'm sure battlefront is the same. of the 5k people who still play only a small margin of them actually own the dlc content so buying it myself is risky as it is very well possible that i will hardly ever get to actually use it.
>>
>>332489520
Still ~$20 more expensive than the PC version off keysites.

Still 100% not worth buying
>>
>>332489812

>buying a game on a system where nobody plays it because it's cheaper

and /v/ calls other people Jews
>>
>>332476410
Holy shit I forgot I had this game
>>
>>332476410

No. Theres no progression and the gameplay has the depth of a puddle. Looks amazing though. I wish it was good.
>>
>>332489580

Buy a Xim 4 adapter. It lets you use a keyboard and mouse on console for any game, plus you can change the controls around. Only problem is that it is a bit high in price.
>>
You haven't lived til you've wrecked the enemy team, heroes, and vehicles as Nien Nub and spam his up emote to laugh at their faces. "Heh-heh-heh-heh-heh" love doing that as people try foolishly to rush a fully upgraded turret.
>>
>>332490524
It's funny how the lightsaber users are actually the least useful heroes
They had no idea what to actually give the gun users to make people want to play them, so they became way too powerful.
It's nice that they buffed Vader so he's better though, he used to be the worst hero.
>>
>>332476410
In the hope that one day the devs will listen to me and add more nohud options so it can feel more genuinely like star wars :C
no one will listen even dennis on twitter
>>
File: nice try.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
nice try.webm
2 MB, 854x480
>>332492783
I'd play a nohud first person only mode.
Would be fun for the immershun
>>
Hardcore Mode when
>>
>>332493317
The weapon balance would go to shit
>>
>>332490524
Nien Nunb is a little fucker, in both small maps and big game modes.
>>
>>332488991
word that broheem, DICE ADD MORE SPEEDER BIKES JESUS CHRIST JAKKU IS PERFECT FOR IT DO IT DO IT
>>
>>332493479
It's amazing how much the throw range for tripmines affects how good they are
>>
>>332476410
Always gets top 3 its fun wrecking shitty casuals, so yes I do
>>
File: speeder fun 8.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
speeder fun 8.webm
2 MB, 854x480
>>332493539
My main problem with the speeders is spawn points.
They're awful and behind the infantry spawns most of the time.
The other problem is, of course, that the physics on them are fucked up like crazy. But I can at least work around that.
>>
File: 1458869637512.jpg (26 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
1458869637512.jpg
26 KB, 600x375
>1600 people playing on PC

http://swbstats.com/

good luck finding a match
>>
>>332486837
I have more than 500 hours on steam, not counting before it was added to steam and playing on the console versions, man this game is fucking good, I'm still mad they fucked it like this
>>
>>332494384
HvV is the best
>>
>>332494384
>500 hours
Impressive.
What mods do you use, if any?
>>
>>332480163
Don't have season pass but does greedo have low health? I always fuck him up with other heroes his health depletes so fast
>>
>>332494845
He's just not good against heros
He's amazing at killing infantry, that's his role
>>
>>332494771
Can't remember, but I have a fuckload of maps, there's a pic posted around on battlefront II threads, I'd start there
>>
>>332494740
Shit gets super fucking crazy, lightsabers flying around everywhere and force lighting enough to light a small country
>>
I have 80+ hours on it, in all honesty the only thing pulling me back in is the fact that its Star Wars and I'm really good at it. I can understand the hate for the game though.
>>
>>332495486
>Star Wars and I'm really good at it
Same
It looks nice and you can shit on all the casuals,
>>
>Do you still play it /v/?
>still

What kind of a rube do you take me for?
>>
>>332494845
He's pretty balanced, he doesn't have a whole lot of health at all, but he's pretty deadly. If he got a health buff he might start getting too good. His speed should help keep him out of trouble.
>>
>>332489736
EA game development staff is a revolving door.
Battlefield loses features with each game, they only clumsily add features back if people get pissed about it.

Naval fleet battles haven't been a thing since the first game.

BC1 and 2 were literally like 1/4th of the content of PC Battlefields.
>>
>>332476410
I never bought the game in the first place because it looked like boring game with shit gameplay
>>
>>332497987
I never bought this game because only an absolute idiot would buy from EA in this day and age.

This should be common knowledge on /v/, yet this thread is still full of faggots who gave EA their money.
>>
I'm convinced if the rebels are trash in walker assault on one uplink they get y-wings faster for the next uplink.
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.