[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just bought this game. I was wondering if some of you could give
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: BloodborneImage.jpg (184 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
BloodborneImage.jpg
184 KB, 1024x576
Just bought this game. I was wondering if some of you could give me some beginner tips?
I'm going with STR build like all Souls games.
Will I have enough time to finish this before DaS3?

How is the FPS...
Let's have a Blooborne thread. Doubt /v/ has enough of those.
>>
>>332474604

NEVER EVER level Endurance over 20

That's the ONLY tip you should need.

Explore and enjoy the game on your own, dont read spoilers
>>
>>332474782
Alright, thanks anon! Hope i enjoy this as much as Dark Souls
>>
>>332474604
Dude don't worry about Dark Souls 3, go play Bloodborne and take your time. Dark Souls 3 isn't going anywhere and it's pretty much just a greatest hits of the games you've already played. Bloodborne isn't, it's new.
>>
>>332475014
Damn, you're right. I always feel like I need to get new games I'm even just semi-interested in on release day. I'll just enjoy Bloodborne and when I'm done I'll get DaS3.
Thanks for reminding me not to rush, anon.

Okay I just have one question. If I want STR build would it be best to choose military veteran and as my first weapon go with that big axe?
>>
>>332474604
master counter and stagger. Take the deaths but master timing those and you will make your life significantly easier.
>>
Oh also something to note. I'm playing offline because I don't want to spend $10 for online service. Am I missing much?

>>332475447
Alright, I assume the games explains how to do both of the in the beginning?
>>
>>332474782
Why not?
>>
>>332474782
>NEVER EVER level Endurance over 20

Whoops. Had it like at 36. Now that I think about it and the low cost of dodges, that was stupid of me.
>>
>>332474604
Fuck Vitallity.
STR is really fun with the DLC.
Fuck endurance, 20 is all you need, there are runes if you don't think that's enough
>>
>>332475384
The axe is a fine str weapon, but it won't be that long before you get access to the kirkhammer, which is a fantastic straight str weapon.

I can't help you with which to start as. I started as waste of skin (I think that's what it's called) and went str build.

Have fun
>>
>>332475652
You're missing all the same online features of the other souls games if you play offline. No hints, no blood stains, no invasions (rare in this game), no jolly cooperation.
>>
>>332475694
Because it doesn't deplete as fast as in the Souls games, 20 END + anti-clockwise rune is more than enough, all the other stats are more important.
>>
>>332476037
Alrighty, I'll just go with the axe.

>>332476161
It sounds fun getting invaded but as you say it's rare.
I think going without hints would make it more challenging. Also I don't have any friends to play with so co-op wouldn't be so jolly...
Wish online was free like with PC. I can't justify giving Sony $10 for 1 month of online.
>>
File: 8709000372853151.jpg (59 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
8709000372853151.jpg
59 KB, 480x480
>>332476176
I ended up getting to 40 with my skill character and it made the blades of mercy incredibly effective. But i'll keep it in mind if i were to make another character.
>>
Is is true there aren't any shields in the entire game?
>>
>>332476550
There are two. One of them is garbage though, the other is included in the DLC.
>>
>>332476424
You can play with randoms too, either joining them or them joining you. But like you said, having to hand over the shekels to Sony...
>>
>>332476550
No, there are two shields. One's a wooden plank, the other is made of glass.
>>
>>332475652
> I assume the games explains how to do both of the in the beginning?
Not very well.

You counter by shooting opponents right before they land an attack on you. They well stagger and if you get close and melee again you can pull off a visceral and do ridiculous damage. You can also do it by stabbing them in the back with a full charged weapon.
>>
>>332476550
There are, but they're pure utility. One is exclusively good for blocking stray bullets, the other is solely for blocking magic.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.