[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth my time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: 5shekels.png (478 KB, 950x721) Image search: [Google]
5shekels.png
478 KB, 950x721
Is it worth my time?
>>
Your time is worthless so yes. It's a bad game though.
>>
>>332468049

I can not find a wittier way than >>332468151 to break it to you.
>>
>>332468134
>>332468151
>>332468206

>/v/ is wrong about 95% of the time when it comes to opinions in games

Ah, perfect, it must be an amazing game. Thanks guys!
>>
>>332468564
Have fun :^)
>>
>>332468564
No. It's a shit game; it's basically Kinect shovelware.
>>
>>332468617

I will! I did with Borderlands, Skyrim, Fallout 4 and specially Street Fighter 5 :^)
>>
I don't understand why the reviews are so good
I guess most of the time I read Steam reviews the games are niche enough to not have a bunch of babies
>>
>>332468871

see

>>332468564
>>
>>332468049
For $4.99 its a fun little ride if you play on the highest difficulty
>>
The story is meh, the gameplay is blocky as shit and the graphics are xbone release tier.

But what sells it for me is the timeline, showing how brutal the war is and the kill animations, especially at the end. They can be real fucking brutal.
>>
>>332468564
>Jump in thread
>Everyone saying "No"
>Add to cart

Me and you both OP. Enjoy bro. I'm expecting a 8.5/10.
>>
>>332468871
What reviews are you reading?
http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/ryse-son-of-rome
It's getting a 6/10 from critics. That's not very good, especially for a launch title where the shilling should be the highest.
>>
>>332469806
Steam reviews
I have never seen a Steam game where the users have taste this bad
>>
File: bad game.jpg (94 KB, 1083x855) Image search: [Google]
bad game.jpg
94 KB, 1083x855
>>332468134
>>332468151
>>332468206

> Steam mostly positive
> Search for gameplay, shit ton of thumbs up

Adding to cart.
>>
>>332469940

I have, just look at Dark Souls.
>>
I just want let you know OP that the entire combat system is pretty much quicktime events, you'll press a button to do some kill animation but that's about it.

It's TONS of quicktime events so if you like that then get it for $5 but it isn't a very good game, also I think it was like the first game ever released on Xbox One or some shit.
>>
>>332468049
not at all
>>
>>332470118
Jokes and terrible memes aside though
>>
>>332469531

Enjoy it man, 10 minutes in and I'm already loving this shit.
>>
>>332470205
Ah you already bought it OP? Well just remember what I said about the combat system, it's mostly "Push a button and see a kill animation"

It's literally Quicktime Actions: The Game
>>
>>332470026
for 5 bucks its worth it
i can't explain it thoroughly but the game's QTEs are more like a skill you learn over time, you get better at it, and actually you are supposed to do the moves before the QTE prompts show to get the best rating

and the best thing i can say about this game is that the actual ACTUAL gameplay is really fucking good, like every other aspect of the game is shit, but the gameplay is good as fuck
>>
File: girl.png (303 KB, 434x470) Image search: [Google]
girl.png
303 KB, 434x470
>siege of Carthage
>trebuchets roll in

It's a fucking ten out of tenner OP
>>
It's the closest we'll ever get to a Eternal Darkness clone.
>>
>>332470315
OP here. Still haven't bought it. I'm slightly tempted cuz it's cheap as fuck and I want to have an opinion.
>>
>>332468049
I have a hard-on for Roman stuff. I was also wondering this OP... are there any other good games set in this era out there?
>>
It's shit

>Simplistic button smasher gameplay with QTEs
>Meh story
>Dead multiplayer
>>
>>332470940
There was a pretty badass gladiator RPG on the PS2, I can't remember the name of it but you basically make your own gladiator, level up, invest points into your stats and work your way up the gladiator ranking. You also can buy/unlock new armor and weapons, also you start off at the very bottom as a slave. I'm not sure what the highest rank is, probably champion of the coliseum, that or you earn your freedom.
>>
Isn't that the movie Crytek made for xbone?
>>
>>332471102
It was like the first game displayed on the Xbox One when they first showed off the Xbox One to fans at E3 or some big gaming convention.
>>
File: shit games.jpg (16 KB, 534x101) Image search: [Google]
shit games.jpg
16 KB, 534x101
>/v/ said MGSV was shit

Never again
>>
>>332471098
Spartan total warrior?
>>
>>332471353
if they still makes posts about it months into its release its generally good.

/v/ generally goes through stages on Good games
First, everyone plays it and generally enjoys it
Then, everything that has been said about the game has been said so people critique and shitpost about it.

Happened to Undertale as well.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.