[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LAN Party games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Quake3Title.jpg (42 KB, 391x483) Image search: [Google]
Quake3Title.jpg
42 KB, 391x483
Hey all,
Im trying to host a LAN party at my university, and I've come across a snag, I need good freeware/shareware to distribute on flashdrives to people coming. Any help /v/?
>>
bip bop boopity bump
>>
>>332465251
when i was in grade 9, me and my friends would have a LAN party in the classroom because there were about 10 computers. so we would torrent or download old games and bring them to school. things like half life 1, quake 3, counter strike, minecraft cracked, and warcraft 3. we had lots of fun, but this one guy who was mongolian would always host the game and then hog all the power weapons or kick us if we did anything outside his rules, and minecraft became a game of "blow up each other's house". needless to say, after a while the teachers made us shut it down because there was 15 GB of games on each of our accounts.

hope this helped!
>>
Enemy Territory and Soldat?
>>
>>332466741
>>332466817

the biggest problem Im having is that the games MUST be shareware or freeware, as I am running a University Organization.

So no piracy here.
>>
>>332467154
why can't you pirate? will the teachers report you to the police or something? can they even tell?
>>
>>332467223
Im trying to get sponsorship from a company like logitech.
Also I really dont want to deal with potential repercussions if something does happen.
>>
>>332465251
If you're looking for arena shooters there's lot of open source clones of quake
I enjoyed playing http://www.alientrap.org/games/nexuiz
>>
>>332467154
Both are freeware.
>>
>>332467748
get f2p multiplayer games on steam. whether they're shit or not, just try to try all of them and if they're bad have a bit of a laugh and move on
>>
Ive found OpenArena and its fantastic! This will be going on for sure.
>>
It's not technically LAN but you should definitely play Gang Beasts

I'm sure the legit free version is still available somewhere.
>>
File: gangbeast.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
gangbeast.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>332470807
>Gang Beasts
shit is fucking dumb
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.