[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /v/? Can any of you faggots suggest any good MMO's these
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: ESO.jpg (38 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
ESO.jpg
38 KB, 500x375
Sup /v/? Can any of you faggots suggest any good MMO's these days? It can be new, or it can not be, I don't care as long as there's a decent player base. Bonus points if it's hardcore, but that's not mandatory.

Pic not related. That was a shitty MMO. Obviously.
>>
>>332464171
Tree of savior came out today at 0100
>>
>>332464171
But I like it senpai. It's relaxing.
>>
So why does everyone shit on eso? Honestly asking, havent touched it.
>>
>>332464564
OP here. I honestly had a bit of fun with it for a little bit but it's really dumbed down, especially if you're expecting the usual Elder Scrolls level of character depth. And it gets boring as fuck once you've maxed your level. It's just really mediocre all around.
>>
>>332464274
I saw some Baltfags posting about this in /int/ but I don't know dick about it. Is it any good?
>>
>>332464898
No
>>
Wildstar is getting a new major update tomorrow so maybe try checking that out? I enjoyed playing it after the f2p update, but I haven't played in a while. Is it even still alive?
>>
>>332467452
This looks kind of nifty just at a glance on Wikipedia but I've never heard of it. I'm honestly too pleb for full-time /v/ browsing but I knew you fags would be more likely to give me a good answer than /b/. If it's f2p no reason not to check it out. Pretty dope you say? I do gravitate slightly more toward future sci-fi than to fantasy, although I like both.
>>
>>332467760
don't bother, wildstar is a dead game.
>>
>ESO is shit meme

I listened to you fags since it launched and started playing it earlier this year. Fuck you retards it's fun and doesn't promote p2w cashshop shit. MMOs are all trash at this point, but ESO is actually kind of ok.
>>
>>332464171
WoW for an MMO that's good at everything but not excellent at anything

Final Fantasy 14 for an MMO with a huge social aspect

Black Desert for a sandbox MMO
>>
>>332467760
it has some neat stuff, but it's pretty dead. the pvp server is literally 70% bots, and on both servers, everyone just idles inside their house anyway.

fuckin rip
>>
>>332468118
>doesn't promote p2w cashshop
>Can immediately buy a mount at lvl 1
>Can unlock carting recipes for other races
>>
>>332467983

>Devs come on the forums and have to tell everyone they fired more people and they are going to still keep updating the game because they want to stay true to it and keep the remaining players happy.

No one deserves this. They need to just release it on consoles. It'll breathe a ton of new life into it and possibly bring it back into the light. Hell if Neverwinter can come out of life support on Xbox than Wildstar can.
>>
>>332468310
I thought the PvP server was killed and merged with the PvE server?
>>
>>332468508
I played it about two months ago, so this is possible. I'm not totally sure, though.
>>
>>332468372

>Can immediately buy a mount at lvl 1
You can buy a horse within 2 hours of playing

>Can unlock carting recipes for other races
O shit, I can craft the cosmetic looks of other races! I can totally win now since I look like my opponents ;)

Literally oblivious.
>>
GW2 is the best MMO that has ever been released in recent history.

>inb4 GW1 vets and WoW shills
>>
File: question.jpg (12 KB, 262x192) Image search: [Google]
question.jpg
12 KB, 262x192
>>332464808
>if you're expecting the usual Elder Scrolls level of character depth
what depth?
>>
>>332468693
Enemies drop like 2 gold a piece, and the horses that aren't fucking shit cost 42,000

You sure you can get one in 2 hours?
>>
File: Fill Pencil.jpg (14 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Fill Pencil.jpg
14 KB, 640x360
ESO is ridiculously still populated. I would have never known. I bump into people on the NA server at 4am in the morning in some of the most backwater country areas. Seriously who are these fucking people? There's like 80 people huttled around the bank npcs in every major city I go to on Xbox One. I'm only 1 of 3 races.

Is PVP just like this clusterfuck of people? Why are so many people still logging on after all this time?
>>
>>332468792
>Absolutely no raids on release
Wow, great game.
>>
>>332468941

Bro you blow dick, I've only been playing for 2 weeks and I've made over 150k while working a fulltime job just selling trash and garbage equips. Just keep bashing on it you obviously have some kind of grudge against it.
>>
>>332464898
Very buggy atm however an enjoyable experience when it works.

Wait a month when it becomes completely f2p.
>>332468792
Take this anon's advice. GW2 is solid.
>>
>>332468942
Megaserver
>>
File: GiganticScreenshot-Knossos.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
GiganticScreenshot-Knossos.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>332468792

The PVP is amazing. The dev team that built it moved on and made Gigantic which is better than GW2 pvp anyways so I'll be playing that.

I spammed Dual Wield Ele and Engineer hardcore for like 3 months last year. All that grinding for gold and skins. Christ it was fun tho.
>>
>>332464274

Except that it is early access lame shit.

The game is going f2p in a month. Just wait till then.
>>
>>332468812
I meant like stats and skills and shit. The classes are way more canned and you can only even slot a few skills at a time to actually be used. It doesn't feel like Elder Scrolls at all that way. If you thought I meant depth of personality or some shit, sorry if I was unclear.
>>332469114
I tried GW2 and it just didn't catch me. It just seemed really grind-y. Like even for an MMO. I think I'd been drinking both times I played it. Maybe I'll check it out again.
>>332468265
I tried WoW years ago and just couldn't get into it. I wanted to, because I had a lot of friends who played, but it did nothing for me. What's Black Desert all about?
>>
>>332469483

>ToS
>F2P

It's a subscription based game that allows poorfags to kind of play also.
>>
File: image.jpg (381 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
381 KB, 1680x1050
>>332468792
>enjoying anti-human Charr propaganda
>>
>>332468792

A shame they've been fucking up the game so badly recently.

Quite honestly (and I'm sorry for this) they should revert WvW back to what it was before the new BL, leave sPvP (except for balance updates) at its current state, and dedicate most of their resources into new PvE content.

WvWers with every update this game has ever released hated it with a passion. It's not that stupid "oh they don't know their audience/game", they're just so fucking hard to please. Plus they circle jerk hard about being so left out. So just keep it pre-HoT, add occasional new siege, and keep doing WvW turnies. This should keep them happy.

sPvPers hate the new gamemode. Just keep introducing new reward tracks and expanding on the season set up they already have (and of course balance updates) and they'll be pleased.

PvE is the only gamemode that actually is a huge wheel in this games success. The living world updates drove up populations in the game (which in turn drove up WvW and sPvP populations), drove up profits, and made the game slightly more interesting. They release an expansion and stop doing LW updates for a year and the whole thing falls apart.
>>
Not OP but in a similar boat.
To OP: On the free side Blade and Soul is actually pretty halfway decent if you like playing a kung fu movie.

To everyone else: A game I've been curious about since I first saw it but that definitely felt like it could be absolute crap is Secret World, has anybody else played it or heard anything good or bad about it?
>>
File: gw2charr1.jpg (313 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
gw2charr1.jpg
313 KB, 1600x900
>>332469645
>Still being this butthurt about the Searing
>>
>>332470292
Honestly playing Char in that game annoys the hell out of me.
Its not their society, or their quests, or the fact that they're all cat people.

Its the stupid goddamned way they run combined with the standard running speed of the game, it looks just absurdly stupid to me that they break out into this dramatic lope that doesn't actually move them that fast at all. Just watching it sabotages every single char I attempt to play
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.