[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This isn't fun. At least, playing levels 1-20 for the free
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 11
File: Legion_cover[1].jpg (257 KB, 350x496) Image search: [Google]
Legion_cover[1].jpg
257 KB, 350x496
This isn't fun.

At least, playing levels 1-20 for the free Hearthstone skin isn't fun. It's just grinding, no interaction with anyone and all the classes play the same at this level.

Does it ever GET fun?
>>
>>332464097
>It's just grinding
What the fuck do you think a MMO is? You grind for everything so you have a reason to keep paying for a sub. There will always be something else to grind. If you didn't have to grind you'd play for a few months, finish the story, finish hanging with friends and move onto something else.

MMO's exist to grind. You wont find a MMO that doesn't have anything aside from a grind.
>>
>>332464604
I like games with grinding. There's good grinding and there's bad.

>go collect 3 magical crocodile ears
And then having to kill 10 of them because they won't drop isn't fun. Especially when all the enemies play exactly the same. You spam spell #1 until they're dead.
>>
Like most online games it's fun with friends, but I would always just talk about other stuff while playing when I did
>>
>>332464097
>Playing a MMO
>This isn't any fun
Congratulations, you have still a functioning, non diseased brain.
>>
>>332464097
Any sense of community or interaction that WoW used to have is gone (although it didn't have as much as other MMOs to begin with). It's all shallow as fuck streamlined gameplay to either A)Force you to pay for a level boost or B)Prep you for endgame where you literally play less than 5 hours a month spending $15 per, unless you jew garrison to buy tokens which is just another beast that continues to feed itself.

Point is, WoW died so Tigole's 6 yo daughter could lead her own raiding guild.
>>
>>332465623
Well trying to get to level 20 made me understand why level boosts exist. There's no fun to be had here.

Other players are just obstacles. They kill most of the mobs so you take 30 minutes to collect crocolisk jaws, made worse because the drop isn't guaranteed.

>WoW died so Tigole's 6 yo daughter could lead her own raiding guild.
Could you explain?
>>
It's only really fun now if you play with friends or enjoy high end raiding/pvp.
>>
I'll just assume you're meme'ing since WoW has an absolute minimum of grinding and its quests are far more engaging than any MMO, and that includes the level 10 ones.
>>
>>332467195
>its quests are far more engaging than any MMO

Are we playing the same game?
>>
>>332467195

I bet it was hard to keep a straight face while you typed this out
>>
>>332467195
>quests are engaging

>hello traveler we're having a trogg infestation
>kill 7 trogg whatevers and 6 trogg whatelses
>now kill a big boss trogg

>hello traveler you'll never guess what, we're having a kobold infestation
>kill 6 kobold surveyors and 6 kobold forresters

>now kill 6 kobolds and a single gnoll

Wow, such immersion.
>>
File: 123942022.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
123942022.gif
1 MB, 200x150
>>332467274
>>332467343
>>332467801
>>>/vg/xivg
>>
>>332466174
It's a joke.

The game has been steadily reduced to the point where a child whom can barely read can do just under the pinnacle of what this game has to offer (the top being mythic raiding) but can easily raid normal difficulty compared to how it used to be.

Read the new Overwatch drama to understand.

You already understand why this game has fell flat on it's face. You'll do everything you want solo until you have nothing else to do besides LFR once a week, where (depending on your spec) you'll sit in queue for more than the time you actually do the content.
>>
>>332467943
Believe it or not, some people actually like the WoW lore (or at least the archtypes) and want WoW to be good. You can't just substitute in another MMO.
>>
>>332467195
Good one

>Go kill 10 boars
>Collect 6 flowers
Thanks Champion!
>Now go kill 12 bears
>Collect 7 copper ore
Thanks Champion
>Go kill 10 Murlocks
>Collect 5 Murlock spears
Thanks again Champion, go on to the next quest giver 30 feet away.

Hello Champion!
>Go kill 10 boars
Wait, no need sir, already killed boars for the last guy.
>His boars were brown, these boars are red.
>This is a completely new quest
>Also pick up 6 berries while you are out there, which are completely different from the flowers you picked before even though the node model you pick up from looks identical to the flower node from earlier.

That's WoW questing all the way from 1-100.
>>
>>332468223
see>>332467943
FF fags get out, back to your containment thread
>>
>>332465213
Not all MMOs are WoW and WoW clones.
>>
>>332468272
>FF fags get out
Am I supposed to know what FF means? I don't speak your brand of idiot.
>>
>>332468223
It's worse than kill 10 boars. Half the time it's collect 10 boar anuses but only half the boars apparently have anuses.

Also, the enemy differences are meaningless. It's still right click or spam spell until they're dead.
They have no meaningful behavioural differences.
>>
>>332464097
>At least, playing levels 1-20 for the free Hearthstone skin isn't fun. It's just grinding, no interaction with anyone and all the classes play the same at this level.
congrats, you found the main problem with modern wow

wow had plenty of character interaction until 3.2 hit with dungeon finder bullshit, that killed a lot of it. then once raid finder hit, it was all fucking over. only interaction left after that was guilds.
>>
>No interaction with anyone by level 20

Should have been doing dungeons for 5 levels now.
>>
File: 1458344359734.gif (293 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1458344359734.gif
293 KB, 400x300
>>332468747
>guilds
>interaction
maybe a small percentage of guilds but even guilds are dead as fuck outside of raid times
>>
>>332469068
on a better note, i'm enjoying nostalrius
>>
>>332464097
Why don't you try interacting with people yourself?
>>
>>332464097
>He thinks the leveling of an MMO should be the main focus
Kill yourself
>>
there are optimal leveling routes that make it go by more quickly. you should try googling one of those.

but yeah, game sucks now.
>>
File: wow.jpg (297 KB, 1342x330) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
297 KB, 1342x330
>>
File: carlcuck.jpg (39 KB, 600x615) Image search: [Google]
carlcuck.jpg
39 KB, 600x615
>>332467274
>>332467343
>>332467801
>>332468223
Yeah, you're parroting things you believe to be true about WoW, or just MMOs, without having actually played it.

There's a quest in the troll starting zone where you use specialized controls to lasso and wrangle a raptor into a pen. That's a level 5 quest. A short time later you're tying ropes to thunder lizard corpses underwater and watching them float the surface. 10 levels later you're in a giant robot suit genociding elves, and in that same zone you ride a rocket along a race track so that you can search for a dragon in a giant interactive goblin city. Some time later you're on a giant river barge and have to defend it from a pirate attack. On that same barge you're given a quest to start a bar fight by smashing a bottle over a patron's head. You can repeat that as many times as you want, even after you've completed the quest, just for yuks. Then you're given your own miniature riverboat that you can pilot around the entire zone, and keep forever.

I could go on, but you get the point. Pic related. It's your faces when I ask to you tell me how that isn't the best questing in MMOs.
>>
>>332468009
Well, think of it this way; either its dumbed down so the general public can do it, and the subs are at 5 mil, or its balls hard, only people who spend all their time playing and getting ready for rading can do it, and the subs are 200k. Sure, you might want it to be balls hard, but nobody would be playing at all, and Blizzard would not be making any money, and therefore not investing any money back into it. You think 1 year+ of content drought is bad? Just watch as its 3 years, and you only had 1 raid tier per expansion. It could be a whole lot worse than it is now.
>>
>>332470279
word.
>>
>>332470467
No, I'm not parroting things, I just reached level 15.
Those 'fun' quests are so obviously shoe-horned into the engine that it's pathetic.

>oh put 6 fires out in the ironforge airstrip
Wow, such fun. Clicking the little extinguisher icon.
>>
Shouldn't you technically be able to sue the shit out of Blizzard now if you buy the WoW base game? Literally none of the WoW base game is still in the game yet you have to buy it to play the rest.
>>
>>332468272
Go back to YOUR containment thread and get the fuck out of /v/ you panda loving furfaggot.
>>
>>332470467
>Yeah, you're parroting things you believe to be true about WoW, or just MMOs, without having actually played it.

Don't give me that shit.

Started about a month before BC, played at least 3 months of each xpac that came out since then. That is exactly the WoW questing formula. In every zone.

Is there literally 2 types of quest? No, you are right it's more like 5 different types. The point is when you see the same small amount of variety in each zone over and over and over it becomes bullshit busywork, not a game. It's more like an addiction than entertainment, thats what MMO's are.
>>
>>332470798
base game is free numb nuts.
>>
>>332470467
>you use specialized controls to lasso and wrangle a raptor into a pen.
you literally just click on it and ride it into a pen like a mount.
>A short time later you're tying ropes to thunder lizard corpses underwater and watching them float the surface
You're literally just clicking on corpses and watching an animation happen. Thrilling.
>you're in a giant robot suit genociding elves
Which follow the same exact formula of "kill ten elves and collect five bear asses" except now you have to kill them while riding a robot with three different attacks, woah...
> ride a rocket along a race track so that you can search for a dragon in a giant interactive goblin city
literally just a flight master
>Some time later you're on a giant river barge and have to defend it from a pirate attack
In other words "kill 10 pirates!"
>that same barge you're given a quest to start a bar fight by smashing a bottle over a patron's head
So the whole quest is just clicking on an NPC once, wow
>Then you're given your own miniature riverboat that you can pilot around the entire zone, and keep forever.
which functions exactly like a mount except more annoying and inconvenient

epic post brah
>>
>>332470671
If those quests too bother you, hey, that's cool and all. But name one MMO that diversifies it's quests better.

You can't.

except for The Secret World, hot damn that game has some cool quests
>>
>>332471160
How would you make better quests?
>>
>>332471520
Honestly WoW's entire questing system is just fucked.
At least back in the day quests like "kill ten bears" could be mildly engaging since you couldn't just effortlessly one shot everything.
At this point I say just trash the entire questing system entirely, fucking nobody wants to sit through a week of that monotony all the way through the slog that is the current 1-100 leveling process.
>>
>>332471395
>But name one MMO that diversifies it's quests better.
I'm not claiming any MMO does it better. I'm just saying I haven't found WoW fun.

>>332471160
Yeah, right? It all just feels like they're hacking the engine around to create some 'fun' quests. But they never really are.
>>
>>332471867
Dunno about you but I pretty much just sit in lfg to level new charas. If the server sucks move to a full server and make sure you're on a side with active people. Plenty of people leveling through dungeons. Much quicker too when you have all the heirlooms.
>>
>>332471395
>But name one MMO that diversifies it's quests better.

ESO did a really good job with that. But they have other problems so it sort of evens out.

Quest diversity isn't a priority for WoW, I have no idea why, they clearly made enough money to hire actual creative people and people are clearly passionate about the lore and the game even today. It's not like they have to keep crapping out the same repeating quests, they choose to have no variety.
>>
>>332464097
Depends on your level of autism I guess.
>>
>>332470279
>do it again 3 more times
>unsub

Fucking A.

I remember when we had one difficulty. it was called "the raid". I remember getting excited just to step into a raid. I also knew WHY I was in the raid and WHERE it was. The raid had weight and purpose.

bet over half the player-base now couldn't tell you the first fucking thing about a raids location other than

>mobs spawn from over there
and
>stand here to not die
>>
>>332464097
>tfw blizzard just keeps dragging based Illidan's corpse through the mud over and over
>>
>>332472120
>Dunno about you but I pretty much just sit in lfg to level new charas
Of course, this is the only sane way to level now.
But even low level dungeons are goddamn awful and boring since everyone is pretty much capable of soloing the dungeon themselves thanks to heirlooms and the mobs being nerfed into punching bags.
I wish they would make low level dungeons harder and add more mechanics to bosses (or just bring back some of the old mechanics they got rid of) so people can learn not to stand in the fire and to kill adds and other important shit early on. Just increase the exp gains from them too so that people won't whine as much when leveling isn't a total faceroll that teaches nothing about how to play the game or your class.
>>
>>332470467
In the end, you're still doing the exact same shit that you've been doing, just with different animations.
>>
>>332464097
level 20-90 then 100 and endgame is good
>>
>>332470508
Ultimately from difficulty comes content longevity. I think people would agree that having some rough edges that requires a week or two of practice to beat a boss, rather than having a whole raid on farm within 2-3 weeks would do the game some good, we do have LFR after all. Obviously mythic need not apply there as less than 5% of that 5 (if it's still that) million don't bother with it anyways.

For how much money the game generates now I don't know how they're so far behind on content generation. It is what it is. I'd probably still be playing and pushing through mythic raiding if the rewards were better. I'd even settle for a Ruby Sanctum-style raid to tide me over at this point.
>>
>>332472940
>20-90
>Calling BC and WOTLK quests good
>Few of the cata zones are shit
>Can level up all you need to in one zone of MOP

Sure is good.
>>
File: report.jpg (6 KB, 211x120) Image search: [Google]
report.jpg
6 KB, 211x120
>>332473138
>WOTLK quests are not good
>>
File: qQ9ah9R[1].png (37 KB, 1485x433) Image search: [Google]
qQ9ah9R[1].png
37 KB, 1485x433
I didn't know WoW had been on such a bad decline.

I would have thought Cataclysm would have temporary spike.
>>
>>332472721
True. And in turn provide more xp for being more difficult. Or have the option of running more advanced dungeons if you're already familiar with the game or want more of a challenge and reap better rewards for doing so.
>>
>>332473315
They aren't though, the only time quests attempted to be good were the WoD scenario quests, but even those were boring and had been done (see MoP scenarios)
>>
>>332473315
I sure do love doing mostly the same shit quests that I've been doing for years with maybe a 5 minute tank section added.
>>
>>332473315
Wrath had some pretty shit quests desu.
Dragonblight was empty and boring as shit until you got to the end of quest chains
Crystal Forest was the literal who of the leveling zones
BORING Tundra was infinitely inferior to Based Fjord

Good thing every other zone and the raids completely made up for that. Ulduar is still the best raid to have come out in 4 expansions
>>
>>332464097
You play hearthstone you fucking retard

that whole game is 1 big grind
>>
>>332473315
The story for a lot of quest chains were excellent. The quests themselves blew dick. All of zul'drak comes to mind
>>
>>332471395
Runescape.
>>
>>332473749
Grizzly hills was great, if a little awkward if you rolled a Worgen
>>
>>332464097
No. Blizzard completely gutted the entire pre-cap experience.
>>
>>332473846
Yeah, I've gotten bored of it too. I only watch streamers like Kripp on YouTube.
I was hoping WoW would be a nice diversion. But it wasn't.
>>
File: whywowsucksnow.png (275 KB, 985x358) Image search: [Google]
whywowsucksnow.png
275 KB, 985x358
Read it and weep, because it's true.
>>
>>332470467
>farming 8 Perfect Hydra Scales for Zangarmarsh quest at lvl 62 when TBC first came out
>literally depopulated zone of hydras multiple times
>leveled twice
>6 scales
this single quest was a major motivator for me to quit in 2008
never looked back
>>
>>332474329
WoW doesn't suck, it just isn't the same game it was back when it was new. It still does MMO themepark better than every other MMO that has tried to surpass it.
>>
>>332474329
I completely agree. At this point the only reason the leveling experience prior to the current expansion's content is to serve as an irritant and perhaps milk your $ for a boost.
>>
>>332470279
This post is fucking horrible and means literally nothing because it's probably fake/exaggerated and he used a boost for no reason. BUT - the "lol ok go do it for slightly different modeled/colored gear now :)" is what killed wow for me.

I don't want to do the same boss so many fucking times, when they only increase his health then add one or two mechanics.
>>
>>332474329
>People actually want to spend over a month grinding from 1 to 110 because it would be 'fun'
>They don't realize that the only reason leveling was an enjoyable experience back then was because the world was new and unknown, but after 11 fucking years it's stale as shit now

whewwwwwwwww, those nostalgia goggles must be tight
>>
>>332473853
This.

Quests where always shit. ALWAYS. When people say they like a zone, they like the story, the atmosphere, the music. No one could or should really give a rat's ass about the gameplay itself while leveling because it will always be barebones as hell.
>>
>>332475078
>is probably fake/exaggerated

really not, my brother picked it up in WoD and had a similar experience with ZERO knowledge or help
>>
>wahhh WoW doesn't have infinite content that's new every-time

Why is this surprising?
>>
>>332474329
Reddit aside, I can agree with this, thinking back to doing that insane warlock quest chain for my dreadsteed.

But even before that, back when I first started out on my paladin in vanilla, I looked forward to just getting to 40, because every level closer felt like an achievement in itself
>>
>>332475680
why the FUCK did he use the boost
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_042815_022719.jpg (865 KB, 3200x1800) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_042815_022719.jpg
865 KB, 3200x1800
At max level with friends otherwise no.

Essentially the best solo aspect is now just to explore the zones.
>>
>>332475951
because old world content is equally shit as blizzard hasnt given a fuck about it being remotely well designed since heirlooms hit

1 shotting at level mobs and soloing dungeons simply because you know how to use a single stun
>>
>>332474795
it's been like that since TBC
>>
>>332476592
Can't really say that it was meant to milk for boosts when there were no boosts back then. Only recruit-a-friend, and that still had you going through places
>>
>>332472120

There's no such thing as a full server anymore, not on EU anyway. There's literally 4 high-pop English servers left.
>>
File: 1457584639216.jpg (51 KB, 492x557) Image search: [Google]
1457584639216.jpg
51 KB, 492x557
>>332465057

Blizzard questing is extremely shit and outdated. The WoW fanbase is basically stuck in the past and can't see how garbage and outdated the current systems are.

99% of the game is absolute ass. The only things that can be fun are Heroic/Mythic raiding and sometimes world PvP (if you can find it).

That's pretty much it. There's not much reason to play now.
>>
>>332477328
Didn't they recently upped the cap on server, very recently?
>>
>>332477648
that may just be a rumor, people were also speculating the low pop was due to the connection issues people were having after 6.2.4 as well as easter
>>
File: 1454468036479.png (385 KB, 405x373) Image search: [Google]
1454468036479.png
385 KB, 405x373
I haven't been in retail WoW since I quit in early MoP.

Should I give in and see if there's anything worth doing in current WoW? Or should I just continue along with Nostalrius?
>>
>>332475078
No its not exaggerated, its pretty much the exact gameplay atm.
But lets be honest, this is what it always was.
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.