[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Wii U is about to be replaced at its fourth christmas >Motherfucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5
File: 1368680472521.jpg (312 KB, 1000x772) Image search: [Google]
1368680472521.jpg
312 KB, 1000x772
>Wii U is about to be replaced at its fourth christmas
>Motherfucking $500 PS4 is about to be replaced because Sony is too incompetent to understand their own business model
I can't deal with this shit. Up until now I've been able to buy a console, and rest assured that it would be current for the next five years. Nintendo I can understand, they're cutting their losses and abandoning a platform, which pisses me off but still makes sense. There's no excuse for Sony to ask everyone to sell their PS4s and cash in for the new model though. That's fucking unacceptable.
>>
stick to pc if you want more freedom
>>
>>332433046
I can understand Sony doing it, to bring us more power for VR, which is agood thing.
What Nintendo did is absolutely disgusting and in no way justifiable. Nintendo is done, finally.
>>
>>332433325
>I can understand Sony doing it, to bring us more power for VR, which is agood thing.
I too cannot wait to sell my PS4, then buy a $600 PS4.5 and a $500 morpheus headset. The future is so bright, you need smoked goggles just to see it
>>
>>332433491
Thanks for the unecessary strawman, nutter.
>>
>>332433325
It's the exact opposite. The Wii U bombed and Nintendo is still giving it four years. PS4 is the dominant market leader, it can't even maintain 30fps on flagship titles like Bloodborne [and Sony doesn't even bother trying to enforce standards], and now it's getting replaced for a $500 gimmick that will be god awful for anything that isn't Ace Combat.

There's no reason to stay in Sony's "ecosystem" if they are going to be on a PC-type hardware cycle. At least on PC you can carry over parts/case to the next build and turn down settings if you want to stretch it a little longer.
>>
>>332433731
I don't see why we have to push either of these things as good and acceptable. Look at yourself, you just defended sony replacing their hardware after three years. I have a PS4, and now if I don't sell it, I'll have to watch every game company treat it like the original 3DS running hyrule warriors. That's fucking disgusting, you can't do incremental upgrades with a product like this.
>>
>>332434059
I agree, the 3ds/n3ds thing was fucking disgusting and this ps4 thing looks like it's going to be the same. It's just a way of fucking over consumers, especially loyal ones
>>
>>332434059
Three years are a lot in terms of technology advancements.
>>
>>332433046
The NX was supposed to debut with Star Fox, but the various leaks set it back. It might get pushed back again, so hopefully the Wii U can last another winter.
>>
>>332434401
That doesn't matter. The console space isn't other industries. It's supposed to be a more affordable, no-frills gaming experience.

Game prices went up to $60. Okay. Paid online. People took it up the ass. Day one DLC and season passes? Here to stay. Now they're going to adopt a faster hardware cycle when it takes games years to get pushed out the fucking door as it is and everything is just shooter after shooter barely maintaining 30fps?
>>
>>332433046
Stop believing sony's lies.
>>
>>332434401
So what? You have like 30 years of established business practices to look back on here, maybe there's a reason why companies have never done this before to any degree of success. It fragments your market share and devalues the products you've been selling up until now. Consoles aren't PCs, you can't slap another GPU in because yours is two years old. To deal with one deficiency, you have to redesign the entire machine, which is why they fucking make it once, do it right the first time, and only replace it after 5 years when they can safely move to new hardware. The consequences for doing this are pretty serious. All your customers, your entire userbase, you've fucked them in the ass. They spent $500 on your machine under false pretenses, now they've just learned that future games are going to be higher spec, and they'll be getting the 15fps version, which naturally will still cost $70.
>>
>>332433216
>stick to pc, where you pay much much more than 500 every year to upgrade all your parts just to keep up

Ayy lmao
>>
I don't know how anyone could justify being an early adopter in this scenario. A couple games you want face unexpected delays, and you're left holding the bag when they get optimized for the newer unit.

Most PC gamers are not out there running dual 980s. They pick and choose their spots to upgrade and go for those $200-$300 bang for the buck cards.
>>
>want to buy a PS4 for exclusives (allright, for Bloodborne)
>have a decent PC and a PS3
>no hurry, let's wait for Christmas sales
>PS 4.5
>price will jump back to launch day cost of PS4
>buying a used PS4 is tantamount to being forever doomed to 15 fps
This is truly retarded. Aren't consoles supposed to be a box you buy once every 5 or 6 years?
>>
>everyone gets mad at companies for trying to make more money

Stay mad, the Sales/Marketing/Market Research departments laugh at your sad whines for logic.
>>
>>332435627
niceme.me
>>
>>332435627
At least you don't have to buy an entirely new system ;^)
>>
>>332434716
>Game prices went up to $60
Games are underpriced, honestly, and it feeds into the problem of strained profits on games with inflated budgets.

SNES and N64 games were $70 in the 1990s. CDs were what started out cheaper.
>>
>>332437563
That's because the cartridges actually had physical hardware in them rather than just data. Huge difference in value there.
>>
File: 1366122878465.png (173 KB, 367x347) Image search: [Google]
1366122878465.png
173 KB, 367x347
>>332435627
>upgrading
>every year
>>
>>332437979
You're right, but I still think some games are legitimately worth more than $60 today. I hate scummy DLC/microtransaction practices, but they're a consequence of the economics of the "fixed" price point on today's games.

If there's a new game I'm sure I'll really like from a developer I trust, I have no problem paying $90 for a special edition with bonuses I could live without, just to support them.
>>
>>332437173
No, instead you have to pay more than what that new system would be, just for a cpu or gpu :>
>>
>>332438034
You mean you don't? Enjoy being left behind :)
>>
>>332438951
>I still think some games are legitimately worth than $60 today.
They aren't.
>>
>>332440184
There's no requirement to unless you need ultra graphics. Even then, a top GPU will last you ~4 years with ultra settings in games.
>>
File: 1459023310284.gif (2 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1459023310284.gif
2 MB, 400x400
>couldnt decide on a console
>chose xbone for backwards compatibility
>still want ps4 for games
>didnt buy one
>can enjoy xbone and save for ps4.5

how that salt feel poorfags
>>
I don't get it. Whats wrong with the PS4k?
>>
>>332442413
Go back to neo-cancer, you fucking nigger.
>>
>>332442413
Paying for the same product twice a la n3ds basically
>>
>>332442481
>>332442498
If you don't like it don't waste your money on it? Or must you stay "hip" with the most current console?
>>
>>332442598
The problem is games are going to be developed with the latest version of the console in mind and thus making the old one basically obsolete

It's pretty scummy
>>
>>332434575
sauce dear anon
>>
>>332433325
>It's literally okay when sony does it

Not to mention the Wii U is hitting its 5-6 year life cycle. The life cycle a console should fucking have. Not that you underage faggots would know this because you niggers all started off with 360s/Ps3s and their shitty 10 year stagnation.
>>
Is ps4.5 confirmed or just memes from neckbeards?
>>
>>332443196
It isn't "confirmed" as in Sony came out and said it, but developers were briefed at GDC -- this is being reported by multiple sources now including the Wall Street Journal.

If it was just a slim, Sony could come right out and say that. It's becoming increasingly obvious this is a 4.5 and the power will be used for games in general, not just VR. The real question is, how much more powerful will it be?

You have people who have been "vetted" by moderators over at neo-gaf who are saying the target price is $399-499.
>>
>>332433046
>PS4
>$500
You could easily find one for $300 new
>>
>>332435627
Anon Please, upgrade every console gen. While consoles are paying $500-600 you're buying an new graphics card for $250 - 300
>>

Going to need some sauce on that bullshit, Nintendo already said they will not be replacing the Wii U in the middle of its lifespan
>>
>>332443694
>399 to 499

So are they trying to pull a PS3 and lose money now? That price is just not possible unless any power increase is minimal at best.
>>
>>332444141
>middle
Gens aren't normally 8 years
>>
>>332444394
Excuse me princess, 6-8 years.
>>
>>332443694
>how much more powerful will it be?
Id guess powerful enough to support their upcoming VR shit. So 970+?
>>
>>332442738
It didn't happen with the 3ds, it won't happen with the ps4. Assuming it's even a fucking thing.
>>
>>332444656
Nintendo's tend to be 6
>>
>>332444880
Everyone's was 6. The PS3/360 generation was the black sheep. ANd we all fucking suffered because of it. Those shit consoles held the gaming industry back.
>>
>>332441513
>Have xbone and PC
>More and more games are getting crossbuy/crossplay
>oculus rift supports xbone and pc
I can't believe Microsoft have their shit together this much. It's like a dream.
>>
>>332444969
Oh shut up. It's because of those consoles that games are even made for you to pirate.
>>
>>332433491
>to bring us more power for VR
>he seriously thinks a 500$ memebox will bring him high quality VR
>>
>>332445047
It's because of those consoles thqt developers keep focusing on making things look realistic instead of being actually fun to play.
>>
>>332445047
>For me to pirate

U wot nigger? Even the last game I pirated (Deadbolt) I fucking bought on Steam. Just because you grew up on the shittiest generation of consoles doesn't mean they stop being shit.
>>
File: iwata core.jpg (272 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
iwata core.jpg
272 KB, 1280x720
>>332433046
OP you may want to update your pic.
>>
>>332445116
This. It will most likely hit the 700 series. That is if it has hardware changes.
>>
>>332444236
>unless any power increase is minimal at best
Why? They were making money on PS4+game at launch and they were making money on the console itself just a couple months later. They are making a nice healthy profit on the system right now at $350 w/ a bundled game.

Don't get caught up in thinking that Sony is actually shooting for 4K rendering with the performance increase. Don't fixate on "4k not possible at $500". It isn't, but Puma+ with some lower end version of Polaris is probably do able at $500.
>>
>fourth
Fifth, retard. Learn to count
>>
>>332433046
> Up until now I've been able to buy a console, and rest assured that it would be current for the next five years
this
hopefully all this buzz is just for a ps4 slim with a 4k bluray compatibility and a 4k upscaler for games
also nintendo can go fuck itself
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.