[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Halo 3 will be 10 years old next year
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: Halo3coverart.jpg (181 KB, 791x1118) Image search: [Google]
Halo3coverart.jpg
181 KB, 791x1118
>Halo 3 will be 10 years old next year
>>
File: 1459247382374.gif (423 KB, 834x459) Image search: [Google]
1459247382374.gif
423 KB, 834x459
Oh god you're right
>>
Just like all the people who praise it.
>>
>>332429914
So will most of /v/.
>>
File: 1443662167038.jpg (326 KB, 669x1001) Image search: [Google]
1443662167038.jpg
326 KB, 669x1001
And it still won't be a good game.
>>
>>332431214
>praising a game that came out when you were born

You're logic is flawed
>>
>>332431241
Except the combat and multiplayer is balanced for the most part so you're wrong.
I don't even like Halo.
>>
>>332431359
I like FF7.
>>
>>332429914
Still shit. CE is the only good one
>>
>>332431475
>combat and multiplayer is balanced
All the guns are weak and inaccurate, while melees were grossly overpowered.
There was absolutely no reason to use anything but the BR, sniper, or rocket launcher.
Players were slow.
The FOV was shit.
>>
>>332431359

I praise Tetris.
>>
>>332431359

I like DooM myself despite being born at the same year it was made
>>
>>332431359
People do that all the time on /v/

Look at all of the DOOM fans and MGS fans
>>
>>332431720
>guns were inaccurate
The ones that aren't based on headshots are inaccurate on purpose, you fuck.
>melee is overpowered
Only a bit. Reach fixed this when you have to completely drain their shield before it's a 1hit melee kill, but that game has a bunch of other problems.
>No reason to use anything but the strongest weapons on the map
HOLY SHIT SPREAD THE NEWS
>players were slow
game is made around this, your character has crazy range even with his melee
>FOV is shit
It's not on PC and that's not the game's fault.
>>
>>332432452
>The ones that aren't based on headshots are inaccurate on purpose, you fuck.
Even the headshot-capable ones are inaccurate.

>Reach fixed this when you have to completely drain their shield before it's a 1hit melee kill
That only made it worse.

>>No reason to use anything but the strongest weapons on the map
Why bother having at least 1 analog for absolutely every fucking weapon in the game if you're not going to make any of them good?

>It's not on PC and that's not the game's fault.
Halo 1 had a 90 degree FOV on single screen, and 108 on split. No excuses.
Even ODST pulled off a wider FOV on the same engine.
>>
>>332432726
I am gonna tell you to git gud. No reason to not get a 4 shot BR kill at that range.
>made the melee worse
It added an additional mechanic to stop bum rush melee faggots from mashing a button after they take only a bit more than half your shield away.
>>
>>332433937
>No reason to not get a 4 shot BR kill at that range.
Other than the shitty RNG. As you can see in the webm, the crosshair is directly centered on the guy's face. That isn't even very far, not even halfway across the smallest map in the game.

>It added an additional mechanic to stop bum rush melee faggots from mashing a button after they take only a bit more than half your shield away.
Instead it created a mechanic to allow bum rush faggots to sprint directly at you and take out your entire shield while they only had to take between 0 and 3 shots to be put on the same level as you.

It also made damage unreliable. Now I had to shoot someone twice when their shield started charging for any amount of time.
>>
>>332434247
>allowed bum rush faggots to sprint at you and take out your entire shield
Sounds like Halo 3. Melee takes out your entire shield and 3 BR headshots take out your shield in both games. Melee in Halo 3 however could eat through something like the last 30% of shield and kill you in the same hit.
>>
>>332434730
>Melee in Halo 3 however could eat through something like the last 30% of shield and kill you in the same hit.
Good. Better than getting the guy to 1% shield and you both being one-shot because of scrub mechanics.
>>
>>332434848
What? In Reach if you got your target to 1% shield and THEN melee him then you're an idiot. Especially when there's about a dozen indicators as to when a dude's shields are down.
You're not a 1shot when you're at 1% shield, you retard. You still have your health to go through which is there in some way in Halo 3 despite no visible HUD element. I know you mean 1shot BR headshot but it is an important distinction.
>>
>>332435370
>In Reach if you got your target to 1% shield and THEN melee him then you're an idiot
So while you take that last shot, he can punch you can put you on even ground.

Reach didn't do anything to the melee system to actually fix anything, and only made everything worse.
>>
>>332435569
If you're in melee range and you need 1 shot take down his shields then you have plenty of time to shoot him 4 times + melee before he can melee twice.
Derp.
>>
>>332435983
With sprinting, not really.
Reach's guns were the slowest in the entire series.
>>
>>332435983
>1shot
I was assuming an AR shot, even a BR has enough time to shoot twice and melee.
>>
>>332436094
Yeah but I only brought up Reach for that one melee mechanic - it's how Halo 3 should've had theirs.
Reach has massive problems, sprinting being one of the lesser.
Sprinting in Halo 3 definitely would've broken the melee system entirely.
>>
>>332436383
>it's how Halo 3 should've had theirs.
Nah. Having your weapons and melees arbitrarily do less damage just because is retarded.

Everything could have been fixed by removing melee lunge and making punches weaker altogether.
>>
File: greninja stop.gif (984 KB, 320x239) Image search: [Google]
greninja stop.gif
984 KB, 320x239
>>332431475
>Except the combat and multiplayer is balanced

No, not at all.

Halo 2 and 3 have the worst balance in the franchise. 5 is the only one with good weapon balance.

Anyways halo threads on /v. are shitfests now so i'm no gonna stick around but I saw that and I needed to tell you how wrong you were.
>>
>>332436538
What? In Halo 3's case your melee does arbitrarily more damage tho. That's retarded.

I'm pretty fine with the 2 hit melee system overall.
>>
>>332437206
>In Halo 3's case your melee does arbitrarily more damage tho.
No it doesn't.
>>
File: 1424450182618.gif (190 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1424450182618.gif
190 KB, 360x360
>Tfw Big Team games
>>
>>332436383
Different anon,Reach melee was broken, and the game also had a delay for players death that's not seen on any other Halo game. Plus not having bleedthrough just fucked melee over more.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.