[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to lower 10C temperature from your Xbox 360 JTAG/RGH
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: acq6hw2.jpg (133 KB, 640x894) Image search: [Google]
acq6hw2.jpg
133 KB, 640x894
I fixed mine.. VERY EASY done in 5 minutes

The pic shows after 5 hours and which the cooler is ONLY AT 35% (very quiet)

you'll need:

12cm or 14cm 12v fan
12v power supply (the 2$ dollars cheapo will work)

Take off the cap of red and black. Cut off the plug of your 12v adapter and find the white one (like this http://imgur.com/Ae8nHLl)

Wire togheter red from the fan to the white on the power supply, black from fan on black 12v power supply

DONE.

Apply some tape to the fan so it won't move, but it's not necessary
http://www.soundproofing-direct.co.uk/image/cache/data/acoustaseal-tape/acoustaseal3_large_784_general-500x500.jpg

OBS: you can plug your 12v to a USB using the red and black cable from the usb cord, but it's going to be very slow, not worth it (5v)
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
82 KB, 1280x720
You can use something like this

Just make sure it's a good quality cooler with less than 25db noise at full speed
>>
File: szKcfbbypUnJafEKTAsH_png.png (118 KB, 335x455) Image search: [Google]
szKcfbbypUnJafEKTAsH_png.png
118 KB, 335x455
xbox 360 was the most disposable console ever for me.

its the only console ive ever had that i trash bagged. ive kept every other console ive owned.
>>
I'm not even sure I'd want a hacked 360, and all my other consoles are hacked.

I mean, what would I use it for? I can think of only Ace Combat 6.
>>
>>332427469
It's not

I owned only Sony consiles since 1997 and bought a 360 recently, 100% worth it

Better than PS3 in terms of overall quality

I'm talking about the Slim and the new E model, not the older one.
>>
I opened my ps3 many many times

Installed 3 kinds of fan accelerators but all of them stopped working after a few months and the fan was loud as hell

However this is a very simple and basic cooler on top of 360 and solves the issue 100%
>>
File: be quiet.jpg (385 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
be quiet.jpg
385 KB, 1000x1000
If you have 20 bucks, go for this
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ECWKD6I/ref=s9_hps_bw_g147_i4
>>
>>332427182
was thinking about getting a used 360 with custom firmware to pirate shit, and i was also thinking about cooling this shit.
Here is the best solution ive found.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi7pn0sGA3c
>>
>>332428291
>Here is the best solution ive found.

Oy vey...
shitposting started early today
>>
>>332428136
>buy hdd external power supply
>buy regular or high end computer fans
>???
>no changes in hardware and cool as fuck
>>
>>332427576
i trash bagged the slims, ive invested bout 8k in to xbox and i just walked away, no timeless classics on the thing,
>>
Guys don't do this, you will just create mustard gas
>>
>>332427182
>void the warranty so it doesn't run so bad
trololo red ring return
>>
>>332428291
The 360 doesn't need better airflow on the top, it needs something to help push the heat air out of the system like a regular 120mm or 140mm fan

dummy
>>
>>332428783
>consoles come with lifetime warranty
>>
>>332428595
>i trash bagged the slims

Which part of Dakar you live ? it's 75C 3AM over there?
>>
>>332427182
>"How to " titles
>I fixed mine.. VERY EASY done in 5 minutes
Mods do it for free today it seems. Next time don't forget "engineers HATE it click there to know this secret"
>>
>>332428783
You don't have to open or do anything other than place a cooler to exaust the hot air on top you dummy
>>
File: Chromehounds.jpg (29 KB, 256x355) Image search: [Google]
Chromehounds.jpg
29 KB, 256x355
>>332428945
the only game that was worth the investment tbH

but sega shutdown the servers too soon
>>
>>332429008
I did this because I've read hundreds of people on forums saying they run their coolers at 70-75% and it's fucking loud, like an airplane

This way you play only using 35% of internal cooler speed and getting basically the same results as 70%
>>
This worthless mod doesn't fix any of the heat issue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd9pcaHFq80

360 never needed better airflow on top
>>
will give it a try, running mine at 60% and its loud..
>>
It's like this but with a bigger fan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF3T7DRpHAk
>>
Why does any of this matter just get a Jasper or Falcon
>>
>>332430585
Or a Jasper without HDMI
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.