[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Project Scissors: Nightcry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7
File: nightcry.jpg (289 KB, 700x924) Image search: [Google]
nightcry.jpg
289 KB, 700x924
So this is out today.What's everyone's first impressions? I think there's definitely something worthwhile there, but the mobile trappings and shit port are holding it back a whole lot.
>>
Anyone? If nothing else it's at least has the sensibilities of the type of J-horror games that don't get made anymore.
>>
>another shitty first person horror game

stop! enough of this same shit over and over again!!
>>
Backed it. Will download after work today.
>>
>>332417196
>>332417382
Not first person as you can see from the screenshot right above you. It's a spiritual successor to the Clock Tower, and like the Clock Tower games it's a point and click. It's headed by Hifumi Kono, director of the first two Clock Tower games, Takashi Shimizu, director of the Ju-on movies, and Masahiro Ito, creature designer for the Silent Hill games. It also has music by Nobuko Toda and Michiru Yamane, who did music for the Metal Gear Solid series and the Castlevania series respectively.
>>
Don't have it, but bumping because I'd like to hear from anyone that does.
>>
File: tfw.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
tfw.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>332416283
I'm playing it, and so far it's exactly what I was expecting from it.
>>
File: 1459179153476.gif (495 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1459179153476.gif
495 KB, 400x225
>>332416283
Waited for this. Ghost Head left a bad taste in my mouth so I hope this doesn't. I'll probably buy it once I get through Haunting Ground.
>>
I pretty much lost hope in it when I saw the kickstarter pitch. I would have loved a Clocktower using even slightly modern graphics (doesn't have to be Crysis 3, but something within this half decade)

Still, hope the game is successful because I like those dudes and respect them for some great games they made in the past.
>>
>>332416283
>out today
Only on mobile for now, right?
>>
>>332419445
Nope, it's on steam.
>>
File: NC015.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
NC015.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>332419365
The graphics are fine m8.
>>
>>332419770
For a mobile game maybe, but the pc version looks like it's from 2008 tops.
>>
File: NC011.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
NC011.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>332421101
Well, works for me.
>>
>>332419495
What the hell is wrong with the prices? The soundtrack is almost as expensive as the game itself.
>>
>>332421729
TITS
>>
File: NC012.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
NC012.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>332423425
And jiggle physics. They might not have put out the best graphics out there but they haven't forgotten the basics either.
>>
Oh yeah, I backed this on KS.
I was pretty stupid to do so because I knew basically nothing about it. I was making bad financial decisions in general at the time.

Oh well, I'm sure it'll be good. Guess I'll find out when I get home.
>>
I'll DL it today since I (and I guess everyone else) got the email this morning.

I can forgive the graphics since it only barely made its KS goal of a shoe-string budget. Once I heard about the game's mobile origins I was highly skeptical, but I am hoping for a surprise.

Still, I was willing to see a new J-horror game; I hope I'm not burnt out.
>>
lost all interest after the mobile shit, I hope I'm wrong but it will probably be shit due to this.
>>
Am I doing the breath holding mini game wrong? I feel like I'm doing it perfectly and he still finds me.
>>
>>332425539
Don't worry, it's fine .Point and click is one of the only genres that works on mobile.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.