[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was /v/'s official verdict?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
What was /v/'s official verdict?
>>
>>332415784

How could they have made the Arkham Knight reveal "good"?
>>
AWFUL
>>
>>332415817

If it turned out to be Bruce Wayne and the Batman you played was actually Hush the entire time
>>
>>332415817
Making it someone who was already in the games. Suddenly introducing Todd for no apparent reason just screamed "we want you to know this is a very important character, you should totally consider him a big figure from the past". As a result it was a stupid introduction of a character whose appearance as Knight held no weight and made completely obvious for both people who read the comics and those who didn't.
>>
AA>AK>AC>Superman 64>AO
>>
>>332417129
I'll never understand this meme

Arkham Asylum was nothing i wanted to write home about, it was just okay. Arkham city was what made the series amazing. Origins was just more of the same, but that wasn't a bad thing. Knight was less enjoyable because i got tired of all the bat mobile bullshit.

AC>AO>AK>AA fight me scrub.
>>
>>332415817
Make it a character who's appeared in the series before
>>
>>332418023
You just have no taste. Asylum had the perfect world design tightly arranged without a single pointless element, City was just a big bloated loaded replacing quality with quantity, Origin was a pile of shit and Knight put great effort in complaining its overworld again to make all of it work its purpose.
>>
>>332415784
>/v/'s official verdic

it's shit
>>
>>332415784
Batmobile was very overused.

Story was decent. Not as strong as Asylum's or City's, but it was still good.

Having the Grapnel Boost available from the start without buffing the Line Launcher made the latter a completely non-viable method of getting around, bar a couple of puzzles.

Riddler trophies were handled poorly. Pacing was much better in City, where you had a hostage to save every 80 trophies.

Graphically, the game looked very good. Also ran smoothly after it was fixed. I also have to commend Rocksteady / WB for how they handled the criticism of the PC version.

Biggest complaint is the lack of boss battles, something that Asylum did well, City mastered and Origins carried on from City. The only boss battles were Riddler, Drones and the Arkham Knight.

The Arkham Knight could have been more of a fist fight, like Deathstroke in Origins.

Man-Bat could have required more to bring him down, perhaps even requiring some gadgets whilst gliding to turn him into the series' first aerial battle.
>>
>>332418826
>Deathstroke in Origins
That was the worst fucking fight in the entire franchise.
>>
>>332418958
Did you play to the end of Asylum?
>>
>>332419040
Titan joker at least had you fight his goons, Deathstroke was just a QTE desperately pretending to be actual gameplay.
>>
File: Titan Joker.jpg (286 KB, 1248x740) Image search: [Google]
Titan Joker.jpg
286 KB, 1248x740
>>332418958
No! They can't truly have forgotten about me, can they Bats?
>>
>>332415784
Solid 7/10
The gameplay is so much better than any previous Arkham games and Gotham is amazing, but the tank sections along with lack of bossfights seriously injure the game
There're also lots of missed opportunities here and there but still I enjoyed it, just not as much as AA and AC
>>
>>332418023
I think AA was ok. City was the best by far. Origins was OK but the city ruined the game for me. The buildings were all too short so gliding around the city took so fucking long the devs even added fast travel.

AC>AK>AA>AO>>>>>Bird shit>>Blackgate
>>
City > Asylum > Knight > Origins
>>
>>332415784
It was pretty boring. It doesn't add much to the core gameplay and I don't particularly like the Arkham gameplay in the first place
Batmobile segments were pretty bland and had less variety than the hand-to-hand fights, with the bigger tank fights just being a game of "circle around the building until you see the weak point"
The main villains were pretty bland, and the focus on the Joker didn't help with that. Either kill him or don't, Rocksteady
Side Missions were incredibly repetitive.
>>
>>332418958
The fight was really shit. Repetitive trash got really old really fast and Deathstroke should've played a bigger role. I hope you don't mean it was hard.
>>
>>332419757
IMO, Deathstroke should have appeared later on in the game and the player should have been awarded with well-timed counters by doing more damage to make the fight quicker.
>>
>>332418826

Arkham Knights boss issue did get fixed tbf. With the DLC
>>
A lot of hype around it 2014.

Then that died when it got delayed.

When it finally came out it had a host of problems on PC and it wasn't enough of a step up from city.
>>
File: 09.jpg (218 KB, 584x1110) Image search: [Google]
09.jpg
218 KB, 584x1110
My personal opinion? Great game, probably my personal favorite last year (well, maybe behind Bloodborne, I played every major game last year).

Story:

Story was solid but probably the weakest in the series. Somethings were fantastic though, like how they integrated the Joker into the narrative, that was just genius.

Gameplay is the best its been. Outside of the mediocre boss battles (that one of the DLCs fixes) and forced Batmobile segments, the gameplay was fantastic.

Attention to detail was damn near second to none in the open world. It was fucking glorious.

Art Style. See above, Gotham City looked fucking gorgeous and really captured the mood/atmosphere of the city.

Graphics. Best visuals i've seen in an open world game, GTA V/WItcher 3 included.

Overall, I give it an 8 or 8.5/10. Sure it looked like I had a LOT of good things to say butt he mediocre bosses/batmobile segments really did hamper this game and bring it down a notch. Still great and i'm kinda glad /v/ doesn't discuss it much, kinda shows that there isn't much to shitpost about outside of the laughable PC port.
>>
>>332420685
Yeah, this may not be the /v/eredict but I think the same as you. Also, the Batgirl DLC was the best but I felt too sad for her playing just exactly like Batman
>>
>>332415784
It's ok. The stealth and combat is the same stuff from the other arkham games, however the batmobile segments are repetitive and completely lack depth. It comes down to 3 different game modes; chase cars and ram into them, strafe left and right whilst firing at conveniently unmanned tanks (sometimes this is done with a stealth element too, just to really fuck with your suspension of disbelief), and weird ass tank parkour shit. None of these are enjoyable and they take up roughly half the game.
On the plus side, the story is pretty good in my opinion, although it's very predictable and if you've ever read up on batman, you already know all the big twists.
It's a very pretty game even for PS4 visuals, and I'd even go as far as to say that it's probably the best looking open world game on consoles. At launch the PC version was unplayable (I got less than 20 fps on a 280X), and was removed from Steam. It's back on steam now, but I'm not sure how much it's improved since then.

Overall it's probably like a 6 or 7 out of 10. I'd only buy it if it's heavily discounted.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.