[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm genuinely enjoying this game and there's nothing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 81-0-1447157316.jpg (221 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
81-0-1447157316.jpg
221 KB, 1920x1080
I'm genuinely enjoying this game and there's nothing you faggots can say or do to stop that.

>Settlement building is highly addictive and rewards creativity
>Gunplay is not shit
>The world is interesting to explore

Good game is good. Just treat it like a sandbox open world FPS and not an RPG, and you can enjoy this too.
>>
>>332415703
OK cool blog post
>>
>>332415703
Irony thread?

Oblivion and skyrim were right to use few voice actors per race, it let you easily separate and define races just by hearing whos voice they had
>>
>>332415703
ebin
>>
Its fine game but the settlement shit is a waste of time, theres no reason to bother with settlements unless you want to waste materials building their dumb machines
>>
>>332416094

I will never get this argument. You don't play a game to get some sort of real-world reward, you play it because the mere act of playing it is fun and a reward in and of itself. That's how base building is. It's like a better Sims, but with occasional warfare.
>>
>>332416661
thats what he fucking said dude. Settlement building is shallow and tedious. Fallout 3s mods had better base building with construction job assignment and custom asset locating as you gather from around the world.

not snap in place awful square buildings that suck up resources used to advance your actual character with nothing to gain besides an ugly mess to look at and a bunch of thankless chores.
>>
>>Settlement building is highly addictive and rewards creativity

Rewards creativity with... what, exactly?

>>Gunplay is not shit

That I can agree with but still the fact that you have to kill damage sponges most of the time ruins it

>>The world is interesting to explore

WoooooOOOooWWW, another place with a legendary ghoul that mutates and you find fucking pipe guns on the end of a "dungeon"
>>
>>332415703
I'm enjoying it too OP. My current goal is to max out every settlement's size, population and happiness. The smaller places with no room to build actually seem to be the best places creatively.

>>332417282
>not snap in place awful square buildings that suck up resources used to advance your actual character with nothing to gain besides an ugly mess to look at and a bunch of thankless chores.
>>332416094
>Its fine game but the settlement shit is a waste of time, theres no reason to bother with settlements unless you want to waste materials building their dumb machines

You two seem like you might not have been big Lego or Minecraft fans.
>>
>>332415703
>shilling for bethesda games this hard

two new FO4 threads active and you keep posting the same shit on every other thread

at least try to make it less obvious
>>
>>332416661

>better sims

Here's your (You)
>>
>>332417671
minecraft had a consistent world that didn't look like you suddenly chucked in some unrelated unstylised frankly shallow waste of time. You're free to think it's fun i guess but it doesnt make it not shit.
>>
File: IMG-20160302-WA0005.jpg (45 KB, 498x412) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160302-WA0005.jpg
45 KB, 498x412
>>332415703
Play a rpg not like a rpg.

How about you take a bitte of this shit sandwitch. Just dont trat it like shit and you ok.
>>
>>332415703
Fallout 4 is not an RPG.
>>
>>332415857
But they didn't use few voice actors per race in oblivion. They didn't even have 1 voice actor per race. Nords and orcs shared the same voice actor, as did the two beast races.
>>
>>332415703

A farm.
Two people.
Constantly harassed by baddies.

Build defenses.

Build living structures.

Recruit more people.

Yeah, no.

Also, that tiny corner between not-so-damaged buildings, that could have been populated, where there are barely any spots to make food and you just have to cram everything wherever it can go to satisfy the lazy settlers, and build living quaters hanging over the settlement. The idea was great, the execution awful.
>>
I liked settlements, unfortunately I lack the creativivty to fully indulge myself and I certainly dont have the fucking patience to like..actively set out nuka colas and cigarette packs and carve out some dungeon where I keep cvrie and i keep extra handcuffs n shit

the real beauty of settlements was it made me realize i was really only doing them because i had finished the game and it really is not fun enough/big enough to continue playing.
>>
>>332415703
Maximum baitto!
>>
>>332415703
Have a level 96 myself and can't wait for the new survival mode. I love the game, however at the end of the day I can still admit they half assed a lot of things (settlement building, not enough rpg elements, raider attacks, lack of quests, not enough enemy variety, etc) and the main story could have been waaaay better. I read once that they had been working on game for 7 years or something and I call bullshit on that, even though I like the game.

I dunno, I still have a lot of fun building settlements in the same way I love building in minecraft. Perfect game? Fuck no. Fun game? I think so.
>>
>>332415703
>settlements
>fun
It's padding and nothing more.
Tedious as fuck aswell.
>>
>>332418243
i was being sarcastic dude, its obviously fucking awful.
>>
>>332417494

>damage sponges

Easily fixed by mods, even without the GECK
>>
File: pa preston.jpg (555 KB, 2100x1052) Image search: [Google]
pa preston.jpg
555 KB, 2100x1052
>>
>>332415703
>>The world in interesting to explore
How? It's as empty as any other Fallout game, which is why that series as a whole is terrible and you have shit opinions.
>>
How do you even have fun with building anyway? I had a blast modding guns but settlements were a borefest.
>>
>>332415703
I literally haven't touched building at all save for the one time the game forces you to do it.
Completely pointless and uninteresting.
>>
>>332416094
>>332417282
>>332417494
>>332418106
>>332418486
>>332418591
>>332420713
>>332421265

Jesus Christ, do you guys know what Lego is?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.