[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does twitch chat exist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 9
Why does twitch chat exist?
>>
>>332411798
So you have a place to post dank memes Kappa
>>
A better and a more related question is why /v/ exists. It should be merged back with /b/. Post quality is the same on both boards anyways.
>>
>>332412018
Who finds entertainment in posting memes so stale that they're instantly deleted by a chatbot?
what the fuck even is twitch chat
>>
It exists because Gen Z fucks like yourself go to twitch.
>>
To get that ass banned
>>
>>332412267
(you)
>>
>>332412227
goats who love to be part of a 5 messages per seconde spambox
>>
>>332411798
So https://greasyfork.org/ru/scripts/16609-twitch-spam-filter could exist.
>>
>>332411798
twitch chat can be enjoyable on smaller streams
>>
>>332411798
To spam that hella epic kappa face, my dudester.
>>
>>332411798
it's fun
>>
>>332412784
>shitposting at 9000mps (memes per second) is fun
This is the cookie clicker generation of gaming alright.
>>
>>332411798
So miserable and lonely people can feel like they're part of a crowd and feel secure and safe. Why do you think gazelles travel in herds? It's deep in our animal instincts
>>
>>332412908
lol :)
>>
mad cuz bad SoBayed

Kappa no Kappa
>>
>>332412041
/b/ isn't that bad.
>>
>>332412227
>deleted by chatbot

nice KappaPride channels, faggot
>>
Hey sodapupper I'm getting off now. Catch your stream tomorrow :) keep up the good work :) here's $5 :) love your stream :)
>>
I sexually Identify as John Cena. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of defending my WWE championship at WWE SUPERSLAM. People say to me that a person being John Cena is Impossible and I’m fucking retarded but I don’t care, You Can’t See Me. I’m having Vince McMahon inject me with Hustle, Loyalty, and Respect. From now on I want you guys to call me “Champ” and respect my right to Five Knuckle Shuffle and Never Give Up. If you can’t accept me you’re a cenaphobe and need to check your championship privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.
>>
>Not using IRC client
>>
>>332414138
DansGame
>>
VΛPΣПΛTIӨП O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U- JO-oooooooooooo AAE-O-A-A-U-U-A- E-eee-ee-eee AAAAE-A-E-I-E-A- JO-ooo-oo-oo-oo EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA. VΛPΣПΛTIӨП
>>
!drop
>>
>>332411798
Did your feelings get hurt OP? Did xXxblaster 69xXx say something rude to you?
>>
>>332411798
Get that ass banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4nuIDtkTp8
>>
>>332411798
to trigger autists like you 4Head
>>
>>332412680
This. I watch troflecopter from time to time for comfy top tier csgo surfing streams.
>>
>>332411798
Facecam people try to create personality cults and good way to do this is to force a meme of yourself. Some of thelesser ones build their whole identity about reminding people their face is used as a twitchmoticon.
>>
>>332411798
Because it's fun to interact with the show you're watching.
>>
>>332412908
/v/ is shitposting memes at 90 mps so its not that different
>>
Live chats should never be places for serious discussion. If you think it's only Twitch chat that go to any stream event from /v/, the chat will look the same.
>>
File: lm9PZ4EGlOg.jpg (29 KB, 537x604) Image search: [Google]
lm9PZ4EGlOg.jpg
29 KB, 537x604
>>
File: 468.png (173 KB, 399x381) Image search: [Google]
468.png
173 KB, 399x381
If /v/ didn't have a post timer it would look exactly like your average twitch chat.
>>
File: 1441837067703.gif (1019 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
1441837067703.gif
1019 KB, 500x373
twitch chat is fucking disgusting
>>
>>332414893
>spending 24 hours a day copypasting the same message over and over again in twitch chat to """Trigger""" people

Yeah, it's not like I just hide chat immediately any time there's a stream I want to watch or anything.
Do you legitimately think it's possible to get triggered by a wall of <message deleted>?
>>
>>332415326
You sure sound triggered EleGiggle
>>
DansGame Kappa 4Head
>>
File: LUL.jpg (41 KB, 598x606) Image search: [Google]
LUL.jpg
41 KB, 598x606
>Twitch
>>
File: PlaneChamp.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
PlaneChamp.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
It's entertaining to watch at times.
It's a pure mass of impulsiveness and memes.
>>
Why must you make a thread about this on /v/?
>>
OhMyDog BARK OhMyDog THE OhMyDog REDDITORS OhMyDog AWAY OhMyDog
>>
>never go on twitch
>hear about bob ross being streamed some months ago
>oh sweet i'll check this out
>chat is being spammed with people repeating everything bob says and does like it's the peak of hilarity
>>
>>332415702
it's almost like /v/
>>
>>332415702
THE PEAK OF HILARITY
>>
>>332411798
Same thing with facebook

>be outside with friend
>post photo of us on facebook
>instantly deleted
>write witty comment
>instantly deleted if it doesn't sit with persons opinion perfectly
>call them out of it
>deleted

would like to let that person know how does it feel when somebody who call itself friend won't let you ever talk
But i don't use facebook anymore, so what the fuck, some people turned 'chat' and 'social media' into personal safe space where nobody can post anything that's not praise and circlejerk, literally no place for criticism or bad puns, fucking nothing.
>>
>>332415702
PEAK OF HILARITY
E
A
K

O
F

H
I
L
A
R
I
T
Y
>>
>>332415702
so /v/ then
>>
>>332415820
Yeah, except this is just to stop a billion people from typing "!drop" every half a second. Not even remotely the same thing.
>>
>>332415702
PEAK OF HILARITY
>PEAK OF HILARITY
PEAK OF HILARITY
>PEAK OF HILARITY
PEAK OF HILARITY
>>
>>332415878
>>332415782
>like /veee/
kys reddit
>>
>>332415952
>reddit is bad

nice 9gag meme bro
>>
>>332415947
that could be bots doing that not actual people
>>
>>332415820
lol you really expect anybody to believe that shit
>>
>>332415952
>still hating on Reddit
Lmao is this 2009?
>>
>>332416432
He seems to think so BrokeBack
>>
>>332416018
Go back and collect some upboats, tourist
>>
>>332415952
>kys
Spot the 12 year old Leafy fagboi
>>
>>332416414
Your belief is not required, I just told how it is with some people, not to mention suppression of freedom of speech, I remember some faggots posting 'Man gave a birth !!!!', in fucking article there was written it was fucking tranny, just a single mention of 'uh..but it's not man, it's mutilated woman' got me fucking 30 day ban, facebook is literal digital cuckolding.
>>
I honestly believe people, no matter what age you are, who shitpost memes on popular twitch streamer chats are the least intelligent humans possible to meet on the internet
>>
>>332417124
learn english faggot
>>
!drop
>>
>>332417189
fuck off
>>
>>332413982
>>332414237
>>332413246

i hope you die tonight
>>
>>332417170
They sure give Yahoo Answers (or whatever that site was called) users a run for their money atleast.
>>
>>332417338
:^)
>>
>>332411798
Why did they move away from IRC?
>>
>>332412943
So it's like /v/?
>>
>>332411798
The same reason 4chan exists.
>>
!drop
>>
>>332415576

It's a pure mass of under-aged.
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 598x451) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 598x451
>>332417684
To discuss anime?
>>
>>332416718
>being this triggered

4Head
>>
>>332417386
how can one man be so mad FailFish
>>
I am a twitch streamer i0ki. AMA
>>
Twitch chat is alright but I hate when people use twitch emotes somewhere else.
>>
File: really.png (18 KB, 315x279) Image search: [Google]
really.png
18 KB, 315x279
>>332415702
>people repeating everything
>>
for people to test that ctrl+v works
>>
>>332411798
!drop
>>
>>332414950
Copy and pasting memes is not 'interacting'.
>>
>>332414921
>surf
hello reddo. only comfy csgo streams are big KKona odeag
>>
>>332422652
!drop
>>
>>332422652
4Head
>>
Twitch chat becomes worthless after more than a small handful of people are in the stream. Messages fly by far too fast for anyone to read them and respond to them.
>>
>>332414950
Unless the person you're watching has ~800 or less viewers the chat moves too fast to interact with anything.
>>
>>332422652

MY NAME IS DAZED 4Head IM A BAITER 4Head I'LL MEET YOU AT THE BOMBSITE 4Head A LITTLE BIT LATER
>>
for Kappa my man lmao
>>
File: where we're going.jpg (26 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
where we're going.jpg
26 KB, 300x200
>mfw Twitch makes it even harder to find good LPs

Thank you Twitch babbies, I sure enjoy having all the baggages of Youtube PLUS the baggage of a gaggle of useless twats grinding a video to a halt, and that's not counting "Hey thanks poopfeast420 6 months in a row sub hype HYUK HYUK". As if most Lets Players weren't garbage already now there's Twitch "Lets Plays".
>>
>>332423791
>everybody welcome bonglord16 to the _____ army/nation!

streamers are the worst
>>
Herd mentality/hivemind.

Memes are an easy way to attach yourself to a group of people while also isolating yourself from people who don't get it.

It fulfills both the hipster and the teenage crowds. There's a lot of fucking teenagers, and the internet is popular.

Also if you go against the herd you end up not mattering, so the only way to "fit in" is to post memes.

So when you have 20,000 people for example, only the memes can be seen since anyone doing otherwise realizes it's pointless and leaves the chat/doesn't chat.
>>
1gs up in the chat
>>
>>332423791
What in Davy Jones' locker did ye just bark at me, ye scurvy bilgerat? I'll have ye know I be the meanest cutthroat on the seven seas, and I've led numerous raids on fishing villages, and raped over 300 wenches. I be trained in hit-and-run pillaging and be the deadliest with a pistol of all the captains on the high seas. Ye be nothing to me but another source o' swag. I'll have yer guts for garters and keel haul ye like never been done before, hear me true. You think ye can hide behind your newfangled computing device? Think twice on that, scallywag. As we parley I be contacting my secret network o' pirates across the sea and yer port is being tracked right now so ye better prepare for the typhoon, weevil. The kind o' monsoon that'll wipe ye off the map. You're sharkbait, fool. I can sail anywhere, in any waters, and can kill ye in o'er seven hundred ways, and that be just with me hook and fist. Not only do I be top o' the line with a cutlass, but I have an entire pirate fleet at my beck and call and I'll damned sure use it all to wipe yer arse off o' the world, ye dog. If only ye had had the foresight to know what devilish wrath your jibe was about to incur, ye might have belayed the comment. But ye couldn't, ye didn't, and now ye'll pay the ultimate toll, you buffoon. I'll shit fury all over ye and ye'll drown in the depths o' it. You're fish food now, lad.
>>
>>332424886
Thank ye matey
>>
"Everybody show some love for DongerKappaPride in chat for giving me money for playing video games"
>>
>all of these reddit cucks in this thread
Jesus christ. Neo /v/ is real.
>>
>op mad for getting banned from MLG for typing drop
lmao
>>
>>332425139
>both the reddit is bad and the neo /v/ meme

4Head EleGiggle
>>
>he fell for the !drop meme

Enjoy your no souvenir cases cuccboi
>>
>>332425139
>reddit
>cuck
>neo /v/

impressive
>>
>>332425139
Here's the thing. You said a "trilby is a fedora." Is it in the same family? Yes. No one's arguing that. As someone who is an atheist who studies euphoria, I am telling you, specifically, in atheism, no one calls trilbys fedoras. If you want to be "specific" like you said, then you should too. They're not the same thing. If you're saying "fedora family" you're referring to the euphoric grouping of le reddit army, which includes things from neckbearded gentlesirs to highly intelligent intellectual like Smoke Degrasse Tyson, Reddit's Chief Supreme Ambassador of atheism and logic, and myself, the Deputy of Science and Crows. So your reasoning for calling a trilby a fedora is because random people "say that only neckbeards wear fedoras?" Let's get Mountain Dew and Doritos in there, then, too. It's okay to just admit you're wrong, you know?
>>
>>332417963
>/a/ is less popular than /pol/ /v/ /b/ and a bunch of other boards
>4chan is for anime discussion
/a/ is a terrible board
>>
So could someone explain Kappa to me? The internet has a couple different meanings and when I ask my own chat they don't even know. I don't really watch other streamers to find out either. The only kappa I know of its the child stealing rapist turtlemen of Japanese mythology.
>>
>twitch chat thread on /v/
spam 1 2 3 kappa
>>
>>332425269
You have to go back.
>>
>>332425327
What are even the chances of getting one to drop?
>>
Twitch is instantly shit if it's a female streamer. Sometimes not even because she is shit at the game, but it's the thirsty faggots spamming cringe to get noticed.
>>
>>332425548
/a/ is the only board where they still act like 4chan. /v/ is pathetic now with it's weird complex over what is and isn't funny (people trying to shame harmless racism on 4chan of all things lmao)
>>
You must watch this video to understand Twitch culture.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEOrv3XG30c
>>
>>332425916
>watch female streamer
>some tard in chat keeps asking her the same question and calling her goddess
>>
>>332425771
“This guy's salt is CRAZY!” “My potassium nitrate can't win against a sodium chloride like that” "He NEEDED precisely those two elements to win" “He SPRINKLED the only salt that could beat me” "He had the PERFECT shaker" “There was nothing I could do” “I mined that perfectly"
>>
>>332426080
Back to /r/4chan, newfag.
>>
>>332425851
Last major in Cluj Napoca I got 3. One cobble, and 2 infernos. Easiest Steam $$ ever made.

Meanwhile I know people who have watched everything since souvenir cases were a thing, and have never gotten anything so who the fuck knows.
>>
>>332425921
This, /v/ is the worst fucking board now, even /b/ is less shit nowadays.
>>
>>332426450
What filth dared pass your unworthy lips, pitiful urchin? I will declare, am the heir of the Elders, I have led our people out of tragedy single-handed, and I have destroyed over 300 white demons. I am learned in the arts of the earth and sky, and none are more connected to the Great Spirit than I! You are but nothing to me, prey. I will have your head hollowed for a gourde, my word is sacred! Do you think your magic will allow you to continue to disrespect me like this? Think again, dog! Even as you stand, my brothers from across the land are circling your home and your sacred place is being hunted right now, so prepare for the onslaught, rat. The onslaught that will decimate your very way of life from your people's history. You are a breathing ghost, child. I can move as I please, night or day, and I can steal your breath in over seven hundred ways, without so much as a knife. Not only am I a warrior-king's son, but I have the loyalty of my entire tribe and I will rather laugh than hesitate at wiping your hide out of this world, little dog. If only you had known what torrents your gibberish would bring upon, you would have kept silent. But you could not, you did not, and now the price will be yours to pay, backwards fool. I will spread fury like droppings until it consumes you, and you drown in its depths. You are a memory, boy.
Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.