[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Violence in overwatch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: OW.jpg (170 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
OW.jpg
170 KB, 1920x1080
Hello,

I while back I got into the overwatch beta but I never played it. Then my 7 year old son saw a trailer and wanted to play it.

I watched the trailers and it look great! Everyone looked friendly and happy. The visuals reminded me of movies he's already watching. So I figured I would let him play.

Oh my was I wrong. The game is full of violence which is highly problematic since my 7 year old son is not used to this. This is clearly false marketing by Blizzard and I demand that they tone down the violence right now.

I know that the game says that it's for teens only but who gives a shit about ratings. MY child should be able to do whatever he wants without puting himself in a problematic situation like this.

Thoughts?
>>
>>332411593
Is this the only way to keep your shitty game on the front page Mr. Shill?
>>
>Playing cuckwatch.
>Giving Blizzard money
This is the future you chose.

Can't wait to see this crash and burn.

I'll stick to Battleborn.
>>
>>332411593
I completely agree. We should take this to the Blizzard forums. They'll listen.
>>
>>332411875
Right? Think of the children. Why are they making such misleading trailers and videos when it's clearly not for them.

I mean, a big monkey eating peanut butter? How is that not aimed at children?
>>
>>332411593
wow what a retard you should twitter about it and try to start a shitstorm ;^)
so your son can live in a better world
and then
kill yourself
>>
>>332411593
I'm sorry, you seem to have made a mistake, I'll clear this up for you!

The ESRB has rated Overwatch "T for Teen" meaning it has content that is acceptable to most if you are of 13 years of age or older.

But your son, at age 7, is probably not mature enough to handle some of the content in this game, as it is more geared towards teenagers. Some of this content is probably the same things you think are "problematic".

Instead, find your child a game rated "E for Everyone", as there is a much lower chance of these games having material you might find offensive to him!
>>
>>332412275
Nah fuck that change the game you misogynist
>>
>>332412275
The ratings doesn't mean anything. Everyone I know is saying that.

Videogames are for kids too so that's what makes me believe what I wrote above.
>>
>>332411593
I also saw a brown girl in Overwatch which reminded me of the terrorist refugees flooding countries all over the world. I sincerely DEMAND that all non-whites be removed from the game as they are triggering me.
>>
>>332411786
I havn't given them any money, nor has my son. But he might be damaged for life now so I've set up a meeting with someone he can talk to about this.
>>
>>332411728
Of course not. SFM exist for a reason.
>>
>>332411728
Why would Blizzard shill on 4chan or all places? They have Twitch streamers wrapped around their finger.
>>
>>332414413
Why would Blizzard shill on twitch of all places? They have shitposters on 4chan wrapped around their fingers.
>>
>>332412275

I'm sorry but I(!) decide when my wife's son is mature enough to play these kind of games!
>>
Reminder that if you give Blizzard money you're part of the problem.
>>
>>332411593
Rated Teen (13 years and up). Try better next time.
>>
>>332411593
8/10, gave me a chuckle
>>
File: 1426952845850.jpg (12 KB, 493x471) Image search: [Google]
1426952845850.jpg
12 KB, 493x471
>>332411593
Make a petition.
>>
>>332411593
they are firing freindship and love, and the other team passout from love overdose and need a couple of seconds to recover at base
>>
Yeah, I agree. My wife also got angry when she caught her son playing Team Fortress 2 on my Computer. I had no idea what kind of game that was, but it looked innocent enough.
>>
File: Tracer's_new_body-positive_pose.png (2 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Tracer's_new_body-positive_pose.png
2 MB, 1680x1050
>>
>>332414413

Because everywhere else in the internet is already a Blizzard echo chamber except for 4chan ? Why waste efforts on an already conquered territory.
>>
>>332411786
>cuckwatch
>not overcuck
>>
>unironically playing Overcuck
>2016
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.