[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokken Tournament
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
Now that Pokken has been out for a while, what's the consensus about it? Is it fun? Does it have competitive depth? DLC when?
Who's your: Main?
Secondary?
Favorite support?

>inb4 not a real fighting game
>>
I like it better than Super Smash Bros, it actually feels like a fighting game instead of a clusterfuck party game.

>Main: Pikachu
>Secondary: Lucha Pikachu
>Fav. support: Croagunk
>>
>>332410908
Likewise. I really liked Project:M but I couldn't enjoy Smash 4 as hard as I tried.

>Main: Mewtwo
>Secondary: Weavile (heavily considering Sceptile though, is he fun?)
>Fav. Support: Farfetch'd
>>
>>332410704
They took the fighting system from Guilty Gear 2: Overture, stripped some of its depths, added a new mechanic, and made it a bit slower.

There is nobody on this thread who knows what I'm talking about
>>
>>332410704
It's pretty fun
Main and secondary are Champ and Chomp. I like Cresselia as a support because free heals.

Why don't people consider this a fighting game?[\spoiler]
>>
>>332411261
because muh field phase feels like narutoe
>>
The movement feels a bit clunky, so I haven't been playing it much.
>>
>>332411524
Really? I haven't been having too much trouble with it, but I don't play lots of traditional fighters so I don't really have standards for it.
>>332411261
field phase and nintendo
>>
>>332411110
of course not, no one ever played that game.
I thought it was some sort of RTS action game like an MOBA or something?
>>
I've been playing it pretty nonstop. Don't be fooled, the inputs are simple but there is depth to the system. It has a rock paper scissors mechanic like dead or alive but other than that is pretty unique from other fighters.

What's everyone's %s? I'm 55 on ranked and 60 on friendly. I was below 50% on both so pretty proud I got it up. I main sceptile

>>332411110
How is this like a slowed down guilty gear overture? It sounds like even you don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>332412002
The only similarity I see is the 3d running
>>
File: image.png (546 KB, 600x924) Image search: [Google]
image.png
546 KB, 600x924
Gardevoir is my bro with Machamp on backup
Love Diglet the most

FUCK SUICUNES
U
C
K
>>
>>332411914
it was a combination of MOBA and RTS
you command your troops like you would an RTS, but there's not too many units to choose from.
You also fight along side them as you would a MOBA, but there's actual fighting game mechanics thrown in, especially when you get to 1v1 combat.

>>332412002
Maybe its because I haven't played it in years, but I recall the fighting system being much faster with a lot more canceling options. Of course, this mostly applies to when you actually find the enemy leader.

When you find an enemy leader, the game's camera switches into a fighting mode. The game actually has enough fighting mechanics to have some depth. That's what Pokken reminded me of when I first played it, but it felt a lot more clunky than Overture.
>>
I like it but the combo damage scaling is bullshit
>attack neutral opponent, deal 100~ combo
>stun beforehand, that same combo does half damage

R. Pika
Chandelure
Electrode/Dragonite
>>
>>332410704
Chandy is cute.
>>
>>332412297
I see that similarity actually sorry for challenging you
>>
>>332412573
no problem. glad to see people see reasoning.
I just wish Overture got more love before it died off
>>
Weavile main, fuck heavy fags I hit you a million times and you still have 200 HP you hit my three times and in dead
>>
>>332412340
Agree with the damage scaling. Needs to be altered cause it's annoying as shit. We might actually get something done about it though because the arcade version got monthly patches.

>>332412002
Mewtwo main, about 60% ranked and really low on friendlies cause I play against dudes in the Discord and I'm not that great at this game lmao
>>
>>332410704
>Is it fun
Very. The triangle system and autocombos allow casual players to fight each other and have fun but more serious players can do real combos, setups, game the triangle, etc.

>Does it have competitive depth
Not as much as, say, Street Fighter, but yes. There's a good amount of depth in the phase change mechanic and combos, piercing moves and crossups add variety to oki, and good fights are very matchup-knowledge dependent.

>DLC when
It's an arcade game so never

>Main
Pika Libre
>Secondary
Machamp
>Favorite support
Reshiram. Cheap as fuck but I love comboing into it for the damage debuff
>>
>>332412002
82% friendly 72% ranked, almost all R. Pika with a little Machamp thrown in for funsies

I'm at C5 after about 100 ranked fights
>>
>>332410704
Its above smash bros by 1 point

But still not a fighting game and unbalanced as fuck to.
>>
File: 132277215925.png (13 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
132277215925.png
13 KB, 429x410
>>332410704
>run into Gengar players
>try to utilize Pikachu's bag of tricks on them the same way as any other character
>instead it's me who's getting clowned with blockstrings that just seem to go on and on with Gengar disappearing out of sight only to follow up with yet another attack
>when you try something, either Gengar's attacks outspeed yours or he grabs you and drains your HP
>all those new/changed attacks when he's in burst, fukken' eye lazers
What the fuck? I think I may have to hit Gengar up in training mode to understand what is going on here.
>>
>>332413368
>It's an arcade game so never
is this your first fighting game ever
>>
>>332413829
Definitely play training mode with him. He's too fucking confusing to play against otherwise. His burst is better than Mewtwo's, which pisses me off to no end. Both him and mewtwo have the same charge rate (slow as shit) but mewtwo uses his synergy gauge in his moves, so his synergy burst should be better but it's fucking not.
I feel like wayy more time was put into developing Gengar than anyone else and it makes me mad.
>>332414074
seriously the arcade game got updates for balance all the time
>>
Main: Chandelure
Favorite Support: Croagunk. I even get to switch to Sylveon depending on the match-up.
>>
>>332413829
>Wakeup options are just attack and grab, counterattack is never necessary because a meaty attack will beat their attack clean
>except against Gengar lol he gets first-frame intangibility on safe moves
>>
>>332410704
I love it and I can't wait to watch it at EVO.

>Main
Gengar
>Secondary
None yet, going hard on the purple menace right now. Trying to decide between Chandelure, Garchomp, Sceptile and Gardevoir for secondary. I like too much of the roster in this game.
>Fav. support
Usually Cubone and Diglet, Reshiram if I'm being rushed down, Yveltal if my opponent spams bursts.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.