[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of Mirror's Edge? I bought it kind of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: mirrors-edge.jpg (405 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
mirrors-edge.jpg
405 KB, 1920x1200
What do you think of Mirror's Edge?

I bought it kind of impulsively after seeing it on a screenshot thread, it just looked beautiful and the idea of parkouring around a city seemed really relaxing. Turned out it was beautiful and relaxing, plus the story is nice, just a bit predictable (of course the runner villain will turn out to be that one runner who only showed up at the start and then was forgotten about).

Music was nice as well. Racing challenges are really demanding, I had to try about 40 times to get gold in the first challenge.

Also what do you think ME: Catalyst will be like?
>>
Bumparino
>>
Fun game that's a bit unique. With Catalyst I think it could really go either. The open world design and larger open spaces might present some new options but I wonder just how much they're pushing the story this time around. The same composer is back so the music should be great again and the little bit about dynamic music seems nice. Mostly I'm just hoping to get into the "beta" to try it out before buying.
>>
>>332410428
I think it would have been better without combat.
>>
>>332411580
So I wasn't the only one who figured combat in a parkour game seemed weird. I finished the game in Normal without firing a gun.

Also it made me realize how Assassin's Creed was literally Mirror's Edge made by Ubisoft. They took away most of the difficulty, made it possible to jump really high and throwing yourself from San Marco's Basilica was fine if you had a few inches of hay underneath.
>>
>>332411470
Wasn't there some SJW scandal about Anita Sarkeesian being involved and Faith suddenly looking African?
>>
>>332412079
Some guy on /v/ posted that Anita was working on the game with no evidence and everyone believed him for some reason.

After a petition to remove her, EA confirmed she was never working on the game.
>>
File: Faith.jpg (147 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Faith.jpg
147 KB, 1920x1080
>>332412079
Don't know if there was ever any proof she had an influence on the game but that box art seems like a mistake compared to most other times we've seen what Faith looks like in the game.
>>
>>332412167
>After a petition to remove her, EA confirmed she was never working on the game.
Gamergaters can be cancer sometimes.
>>
>>332412308
its not just them
that bitch got attention due to people couldt just leave her alone
instead a monster was created which wont go away and a generation of cucks will grow up being told her story
>>
>>332412289
If their point is that there are too many generic white people in videogames, why did they make her go from having asian facial features to caucasian ones?
>>
>>332413482
Well she is half-white
>>
>>332411978
>So I wasn't the only one who figured combat in a parkour game seemed weird.

Combat and parkour mesh really well in Dying light.
>>
>>332414727
They do as well in AC, but there it seemed weird. The game seems too pacifist and movement-focused to have FPS elements. Disarming made more sense, plus it was more of a challenge.

>clearing that room near the end with around 20 soldiers by immobilizing every single one
>>
>>332411978
>Also it made me realize how Assassin's Creed was literally Mirror's Edge made by Ubisoft. They took away most of the difficulty
Do you not see how these two statements contradict each other.
>>
>>332415252
No. Ubisoft took a challenging concept and removed the hard parts so it would appeal to normies. Most Ubisoft games have more grind than actual difficulty.
For example, in AC collecting all the chests took a long time, but no chest was actually hard to get to, except a few in high towers.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.