[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Black Desert Online
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: BlackDesert.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
BlackDesert.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
I've never played an MMORPG before because they looked really static and boring, but from some gameplay of BDO it looks like things have come along a bit.

So is it good? Or is there something I'm missing
>>
Combat is more dynamic and fun, but the core MMORPG fundamentals still exist.
>>
>>332410160
So grinding right?
>>
Combat is okay, while the rest of the game is a generic korean grindfest.

You can't trade with other players (except some consumables) and you can't set prices on the marketplace (outside of a set range).

Open-world PvP has been hugely fucked in the arse and made mostly pointless.

If you wanna look any good, expect to pay real money for stupid cosmetic costumes.
>>
>dat elf girl on the right

HHHHHHHNNNNNNGGG and they ask why people only think of raping them.
>>
Dat Phantasy Star Online 2 though.
>>
>>332409683

>that delicious elf girl

H I G H T E S T
I
G
H
T
E
S
T
>>
>>332410368
I'm still tempted just to experience a genre I've never played before

Can you not change your clothes unless you buy them? that would suck
>>
No shit, that elf is literal perfection.
>>
>>332411161
The armour sets you can get in-game look pretty bad, and there aren't many difference choices. Most people find a cosmetic skin they like and just stick it on, so while your armour can change, your appearance stays the same.

It's not a BAD game but it's very underwhelming once you actually see it for what it is.
>>
How is the crafting in BDO ?
>>
been thinking of buying it myself, after watching some streams and game play videos, the game just looks boring as fuck, no leveling from quests it seems only killing monsters, I might be wrong, and the combat just looks like ass.
>>
The combat is shit. B&S does it much better. I won't go in depth, but the general problem with it is that it's a spamfest with absolutely zero "feel" of hitting anything ever. You just spam buttons and hope.

The crafting systems seems very awesome, then you find out you can just walk up to an NPC, do a stupid ass minigame and buy equipment. Completely bypassing crafting.

The market is killed by the fact that it's not an EvE like open market, the player to player market is held back by artificial price limits and the trading thing is player-to-npc, meaning that's it's just another mindless grind.

Each class gets about 4 different armor looks, if you're lucky 2 will be completely different, if you're not... everything will kinda look the same.

Want to dye your armor to look somewhat different, then? Good fucking luck. You get one dye box every two days if you spend your free loyalty points you get for logging in, one dye box is just one chance to get the colour you want out of the... probably 2000 combinations (there's like 8 different palettes each with 120-200 colours on them.)

In general the game has a ton of great ideas killed by shitty implementation. B&S just does it better. EVEN CRAFTING.
>>
The game would be decent if Daum didn't wave their jew nose around so much.

>Game is free in other regions
>America is retarded so we can get away with charging for it.
>On top of that, the cash shop will be twice as expensive as the other regions as well.
>Even though it isn't Korea we will still keep in the energy system.
>Oh shit I got a great idea, lets make processing, cooking, and alchemy all take energy to do. No other version does this.
>Obligatory energy potions in the shop.

>very first major patch
>WE PUT PET BREEDING BACK IN GUYS
>it took a while because we had to make sure the RNG would fuck you over just enough so you would buy 8 more pets from the cash shop to make that perfect tier 4
>oh we also nerfed the XP bonuses they can learn because you need to play even longer.
>Dont forget to check out the fishing costume we added. There is no good reason that they are character bound rather than family bound other than we just want more money.

The only saving grace for the moment is that grinding mobs is the best thing to do in the game, which is perfect for my autism.
>>
>>332411720
Oh, and I really wanted to just enjoy the game for the beautiful landscapes and cities but that's not possible since this game has probably the worst sound design ever. You can't have NPCs talking even for 30 seconds because they repeat the same horribly dubbed line non-stop until you feel sick and there are a grand total of, what, two open world music themes that suck dicks.

And again B&S does this much better - the Dolby Surround logo on the audio options isn't just for show, I got a decent 5.1 system with a tryhard gaming soundcard and in B&S the sound design really takes advantage of this, making grinding more enjoyable.
>>
>>332412140
I had to turn the dialogue volume to 0 on the first day. It's amazing how often NPCs repeat their stupid lines to no one in particular.
>>
>>332412328
Some have literally zero delay. Try sitting near the node guy below the Chimeras, you'll hear the same line repeated with 1 second of delay. How does this even get past beta testing.
>>
>>332409683
Nah don't waste your money on this shit. The game is already dying.
>>
>but but but grinding
Hit softcap in 14 hours, hit 51 in about 4 hours. Pvp is fun, crafting/trades kills are fun. It kills rime and is a good fishing simulator. It's deff better then b&s in my book. Only downside to me atm is no hard dates on expansions and the world bosses aren't tuned correctly to melee
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.