[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Metal Gear Solid 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: MGS4_European_Cover.jpg (39 KB, 450x518) Image search: [Google]
MGS4_European_Cover.jpg
39 KB, 450x518
Holy fuck, this game is fucking TERRIBLE
I was having fun with it on the first third or so but the second I was put in Europe, the entire game went to shit. What the fuck happened? Did they run out of budget? Was all the budget used on cutscenes? It was a complete chore to finish the game from that point forward.
And what the fuck is up with that retarded ending?

Should I even bother with Peace Walker or just move straight to MGS V? And is MGS V also a travesty like this piece of shit?
>>
>>332406889
Peace Walker and MGSV are far more gameplay focused than 4, Peace Walker however is far too easy and the maps are too small with little to no alternate routes and such, MGSV can get repetitive with the constant "fulton this target" missions and some of the bases are really easy to sneak in, if you don't mind the repetitiveness of MGSV however you'll have a blast (assuming you don't have a problem with the overworld)
>>
>He fell for the MGS 4 is good meme
Worst game of the series.
>>
>get to awesome noir-style stealth chapter
>complain
>>
Games worth playing for the story:
MG 1 -> MG 2 -> MGS 1 -> MGS 2 -> MGS 3 -> Everything else is fanfiction

Games worth playing for the gameplay:
MG 1 -> MG 2 -> MGS 1 -> MGS 3 -> MGS V
>>
>>332407541
>There are people browsing /v/ right now that honestly think Prague wasn't boring as shit
>>
Completely raped the story of the other games past the point of no return. Every game in the series suffered because of it, some retroactively.
Never has there been this big a downfall in a series. From excellency like MGS 3 to straight up garbage like MGS 4
>>
>What the fuck happened? Did they run out of budget?

No, MGS4 just blows its budget on extremely fucking stupid shit. Like pointless cutscenes and iPod licenses.
>>
In terms of the amount of content and "fun" , Peace Walker is easily the best.

Story isn't too bad either. Was the only one besides MGS1/3 that I could ever get into.

I also shook Kojimas hand at the Peace Walker release in Best Buy at Union Sq. NYC and masturbated with the same hand later that night.
>>
>>332407684
There are people on /v/ that actually enjoy MOBAs and MMOs.
>>
>>332407760
>Completely raped the story of the other games past the point of no return. Every game in the series suffered because of it, some retroactively.
>Never has there been this big a downfall in a series. From excellency like MGS 3 to straight up garbage like MGS 4

The hilarious part is that most people loved it at launch. Despite the game being nothing but fanservice and production vaules. I guess it hit that sweetspot of when people still loved the idea of games being movies.
>>
>>332407543
what's wrong with MGS2
>>
LIQUIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>332408481
how do you prolong the D
>>
>>332406889
MGS4 is fine. Stop complaining.

MGSPW is obligatory and damn much fun. It's almost completely gameplay-focused as well.

MGSV is shit. Skip them, and enjoy the superior ending(s) MGS4 and PW offer.

>>332407438
that's not MGS2.
>>
>>332408604
Long enough until you hit the G
>>
>>332408749
WHAT'S WRONG WITH MGS2 JESUS
>>
>>332406889
its funny. mgs4 is my favorite one.
>>
>>332408793
kek
that isn't very long you know that
>>
File: 1453500334025.jpg (177 KB, 600x756) Image search: [Google]
1453500334025.jpg
177 KB, 600x756
>>332408749
>MGS4 is fine
>MGS2 worst in the series

This fanbase is forsaken
>>
>>332408814
MGS1 and 2 are the pinnacle of the series

people only hate it because they want to get fucked by Snake and hate Raiden because he's not Snake

Big Boss fanboys are even worse
>>
Just skip MGS5 its somehow even worse.
>>
>>332408481

>LIQUIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>not LIQUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID
>>
>>332406889
>And is MGS V also a travesty like this piece of shit?
MGSV focuses a lot more on gameplay and the core mechanics are solid, but the open world is really bland, the game in general is full of filler and they managed to both dumb down and make the mother base management part grindier than Peace Walker. If you ever plan on playing V I'd heavily suggest you to play PW as well as they have a continuous story.

Story wise V is the worst in the series and has the most lackluster ending of them all. The final boss is cut content and the final level we got is literally forcing the player play through the entire tutorial again, complete with the same old tutorial prompts.
>>
Every single Metal Gear game is good in their own way.
>>
>>332406889
Play Peace Walker. Mother Base feels really happy and fun so you feel even more of a Lust For Revenge when that's taken away in Ground Zeroes.
>>
File: 64c.jpg (163 KB, 1062x1062) Image search: [Google]
64c.jpg
163 KB, 1062x1062
>>332406889
Shh, just accept it :^)
>>
>>332408814
clunkiest gameplay in the series.

last half is backtracking in claustrophobic copypaste corridors fest and copies MGS1's events almost to the bone.

Raiden is a faggot, and Rose is a bitch.
>>
I bought a PS3 for MGS4 and I'm still mad
>>
>>332410070
>clunkiest gameplay in the series.
it isn't clunkier than MGS1
>last half is backtracking in claustrophobic copypaste corridors
that's actually the first part of the plant chapter also what kind of argument is 'claustrophobic' did you get triggered or something?
>copies MGS1's events almost to the bone
that's the entire point
>Raiden is a faggot
oh I get it, you're just bitter because you wanted Solid's dick in your mouth for another game
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 600x333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 600x333
>>332408481
>>
>>332408981
MGS3 is the pinnacle, everything else is just nostalgia google faggots talking
>>
There isn't a single good MGS game.
>>
>>332410307
>it isn't clunkier than MGS1
oh, but it is. MGS1 is constantly viewed from the top-down view, thus playing like old 2D games with 8-directional movements and all. Your goal is almost always places on the "north" end of the view, and there's enough space to observe your surroundings.

MGS2 kinda tries this same, but swaps the top-down view in many spots to this weird, almost survival-horror like camera-angles, that only obscure your view in the end. The tight corridors of Big Shell, combined with the fact that you don't have Soliton radar view before you use the Nerds make it even worse.
And yes, with the "last half", I refer to the entire Big Shell arc.

>oh I get it, you're just bitter because you wanted Solid's dick in your mouth for another game
Rather his manly snake, than Raiden's may-or-may-not-exist thing. I don't care how much some Wapanese otakus can "relate" to him, he was just super annoying, constantly complaining, and totally out of everything. AKA, not how a soldier should act.
>>
>>332410641
3 fucking good
4 is bretty gud
1 is bretty gud
2 is absolute trash
PW is absolute trash
TPP is absolute trash
>>
>>332411038
>>332406889
i'm closing this browser out so i don't have to read your gay arguments either
fuck meant OP
>>
>>332410950
>And yes, with the "last half", I refer to the entire Big Shell arc.
but Arsenal Gear has literally no backtracking
>>
>>332411038
>4 is bretty gud
>TPP is absolute trash
How to spot neo-/v/
>>
>>332407760
I don't really see how it retroactively fucked anything important up.
>>
>>332407543
>gameplay
>no MGS2

MGS2 is literally improved MGS1 in all fronts
>>
>>332408749
Just go drink bleach you moron
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.