[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Post good video games >Explain why they are shit >MGSV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5
File: MGSV-header.jpg (238 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
MGSV-header.jpg
238 KB, 1280x720
>Post good video games
>Explain why they are shit

>MGSV
>Broken and half game
>Credits every single mission
>Shitty story
>2 Boring sand boxes with nothing interesting
>Dull characters who can't be differentiate with each other
>Quite was the main selling point
>>
>>332398460
But the gameplay was good, right?
>>
>>332398529
The controls were, if thats what you mean.

Thats what people usually mean.
>>
>>332398460
>Quite was the main selling point
Lel.
>>
>>332398529
R-r-r-r-r-r-ight?
>>
>>332398529
Controls were, for what it matters. Level design wasn't even as good as Ground Zeroes.
>>
>>332398460
The feels were pretty good, missing an arm, all of us being diamond dogs and all that
>>
>>332398460
I still have trouble differentiating between ocelot and kaz at certain points. The japanese version makes it much clearer.
>>
>>332398460
why is he doing a jojo pose
>>
>>332398460
It's sad because this game had glimpses of greatness and could have been godlike but ended up being absolute dogshit.
>>
>>332400779
They were way over their heads and had absolutely no idea what's important in a sandbox game. (hint: what's important is making the sandbox world feel alive and this one is dead as a doornail)
But that doesn't excuse the complete lack of a plot. What the fuck even happened?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (21 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
21 KB, 1280x720
>MC is gender is "?"
>Tumblr bait
>No actual puzzles
>Combat is crap
>Your hand is held throughout the entire game
>Every
>>
>>332401215
>Every character is cringe worthy**
>>
>>332398594
Controls are gameplay
>>
>>332401739
why be in such a rush to admit you dont know shit
>>
>>332401783
How is it not? How a game controls is a large part of how good the gameplay is
>>
>>332401891
Controls are a part of the gameplay, yes, but they arent the whole package like you said before.

You can have good controls but shitty mechanics, level design, etc. Which is exactly the case for MGSV.

Not to mention its controls are industry standard at best, I dont even get why people praise them so much
>>
>>332402024
No it's the smoothest controlling game released in a long while. And I fail to see what's so bad about the mechanics or level design. Just because it isn't linear doesn't make it shit, and there's plenty of tools and things to do with them
>>
File: Fallout 4 Cover.jpg (82 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 4 Cover.jpg
82 KB, 800x800
Aight. Apparently people hate this game so I'm probably gonna get told that Fallout 4 actually is a shit game but whatever.

>Fuck ton of glitches.
>RPG elements dumbed down.
>World gets boring.
>Announce a season's pass for €30 with no content and then raise the price months later and people still love them.
>Fanbase is toxic and overrated the game.
>>
>>332402185
which, thanks to the refined controls, are all fun to do
>>
>>332402185
MGSV is one of the weakest open world games ever made, why even bring linear into this.

Compare it to any modern FarCry, GTA or even Stalker and MGSV pales in comparison, it fails to make full use of its advertised 'features'

Having a bunch of tools that do the same thing does not make good gameplay, he shouldve learned that after MGS4
>>
>tfw love every single MGS in the main series
>finished MGS1-4 10+times each
>couldn't force myself to finish mgsv even once

Is it worth it? Should I go back and finish it? I've read spoilers and know what happens anyway. I think I'm on mission 31 or so. The game is just such a chore to play. Didn't like Peace walker either.
>>
>>332402382
Its not worth it. Dropped that shit a while ago after playing again, there's honestly so many better games to play.
>>
>>332402340
It's definitely leagues better than Farcry. And it controls better than GTA

>a bunch of tools that do the same thing does
wut
>>
>>332402546
Blood Dragon alone outclasses MGSV as an open world game, and it was basically a glorified expansion pack.

The later MGS games frontload you with a billion items that all boil down to the same function (this is a gun, this stuns enemies, etc) giving the illusion of depth and choice when you could've gotten the same effect with the default item.

It just rings of a design philosophy that says "put in everything" without actually considering how all the parts interact with each other. I dont get how he didnt see that Fulton/MB dilutes the core gameplay in every possible way.
>>
>>332402419
Yeah I'm playing bloodborne right now anyway, which is amazing.
It's just a shame that it sucked so much and we'll never ever get a good mgs again. I don't think I'll even buy the next one that konami shits out.
>>
>>332402731
having a gun that stuns as opposed to kill opens up very different types of gameplay. Part of what makes the game so great is how everything interacts with each other, how does Fulton and MB dilute the core gameplay?
>>
>>332402901
Instead of focusing purely on stealth operations you're forced to tend to this glorified mobile game that honestly should've been cut and never discussed again.

It added grinding and needless upgrade trees to the game when new weapons/equipment could've easily been granted by solving actual challenges and exploring in the game world itself, not by grinding GMP.

MGSV is basically another offline MMO that tries to trap you in bullshit loops of "supply soldiers and resources for mother base" when all it really needed to be was a straightforward series of stealth challenges in large maps like GZ, and coupled with decent bosses.
>>
>>332403214
Don't see what's so bad about grinding in this game. It gives you a reason to keep infiltrating for much longer than if you unlocked guns only through story progression
>>
>>332403485
I said exploration, not strictly story progression, its an open world game right?

Again MGSV barely even uses what it has and clings to industry cliches when it could've done so much better. Its essentially a 2nd rate FarCry..
>>
>>332403640
what are blueprints. And exploration gets you the resources and personnel you need to unlock development for weapons
>>
>>332403640
Farcry plays like shit
>>
>>332403842
more fuel for grinding huh

it would've been much better to procure on-site.
>>
>>332403908
And thats the thing, MGSV actually managed to be worse than fucking FarCry
>>
>>332403938
how
>>
STARRING THE SKULLS PARASITE UNIT
>>
>>332404157
I already explained it.

>Gives you far deeper incentive to explore the game world
>can develop unique challenges for acquiring each bit of equipment you'd find
>You can try them out as soon as you get them

vs

>find random blueprint
>grind GMP
>Pay and wait 10 minutes to develop
>repeat

Its honestly the difference between actually designing a game and merely applying a cookie cutter template from Modern Game Design™
>>
>>332400637
kojimbles likes jojo.
jojo has a lot of influence
>>
>>332400779
Give thanks to Konami for that
>>332401126
Konami happened
>>
File: 1457112532917.jpg (323 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1457112532917.jpg
323 KB, 1366x768
>>332401126

>It's a war zone
>Nigger killer miller mentions it's a war zone
>There is no war, the only person who is EVER being shot at is YOU, in EVERY mission because the world is just that dead and bare of any sort of NPC interaction
Fuck even MGS4 had war zones that felt like war zones
>>
>>332404538
>>Gives you far deeper incentive to explore the game world

Now you're just talking out your ass. You can develop your own unique challenge to accomplish each infiltration to get the resources and blueprints you need for development too. One of the best things about Vs open world is it doesn't force you to walk over every square inch of the map, but keeps you heading to action areas spread throughout
>>
>>332404714
Finding resources/blueprints in MGSV is just a matter of shooting people and slapping a balloon onto everything not bolted down.

What I'm talking about is things that actually challenges the players skill, but I forget games these days are just supposed to be virtual playgrounds and movies instead of skill-tests. Cant let the kids get their feelings hurt from failing.
>>
>>332404938
that's what FOBs are for
>>
>>332405191
still more needless grinding involved in getting the most out of FOB

the fact is MGSV is a game with broken, bullshit design, even Kojima admitted this. He cant even play the game himself at home..
>>
File: heykidwantsome8.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
heykidwantsome8.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>
>>332405357
still, that's where the hard challenge is
>>
>>332405534
while the rest of the game is gutter trash.

i think we've had enough, good day!
>>
>>332405598
No, just not as hard. But you have the ability to limit yourself if you want a challenge in the open world too, not to mention all the missions you can do where the challenge comes from getting S ranks.

Yeah, no shit the side ops are quick to breeze through, that's the point
>>
>>332402213
>>Post good video games
>>
>Bloodborne
>PS4 exclusive
T____________T
>>
>>332407121
I rest my case.
>>
>>332403938
you do procure resources on-site
>>
>>332405598
>>332405734
>2 hours
Holy shit
>>
>>332407689
What do you expect nerds to do? Not pointlessly argue about a video game?
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.