[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So we are about 2.5 years into the new consoles and look at how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 8
File: videogames8thgen.jpg (291 KB, 1187x668) Image search: [Google]
videogames8thgen.jpg
291 KB, 1187x668
So we are about 2.5 years into the new consoles and look at how many games there are. What in the fuck is happening? Why are there so fucking few games, not even just exclusives, coming out for these new systems. This is probably halfway through their lifespan as well. I doubt they'll go on as long as ps3 and 360 did. I give them 5-6 years. So tell me, why at the halfway point are there so few games? Is it because every game company is trying to make a massive blockbuster and it's taking way to long and when the game comes out it just turns out to be decent at best? Now I'm not asking for shovelware, I'm just asking if we can try a little less hard on making a AAA game that most likely won't sell well or won't actually be triple A and just focus a little more on venturing out into uncharted waters or take some risks?

Please no console wars, I'm asking about the state of so few games coming out in general for consoles.
>>
I could name plenty of games i've played this gen for handhelds and consoles, but they'd be dismissed as >"weebshit" so I'm not even going to bother.
>>
The Wii U took risks. How did that turn out?
>>
>Is it because every game company is trying to make a massive blockbuster and it's taking way to long and when the game comes out it just turns out to be decent at best?
Nailed it.

>I'm just asking if we can try a little less hard on making a AAA game that most likely won't sell well or won't actually be triple A and just focus a little more on venturing out into uncharted waters or take some risks?
Independent devs are the only ones willing to take risks, and they mostly release for PC.
>>
>>332395568
Games take longer to make nowadays in general
>>
Bumping your thread, OP. It's a big deal.
>>
>>332398452
Sadly it won't be addressed by most users here since it isn't a bait or flame war thread.
>>332395642
It seems like the only aspect of games these days that are taking risks and coming out with more games IS "weebshit" so you have a point there.
>>
>>332395568
No idea i am selling my xboner though its dead in the water.

The exclusives where fun while they lasted but now the pc is getting quantum break and forza 6 and gears and everything else apart from halo 4 5 + but they are shit who cares

plz someone buy it i want to get a g29
>>
>>332395672
This - If everyone bought a wii u, we wouldn't be in this mess

The only way devs will take risks is if you show them it works using your wallet.

I would argue that games like witcher 3 have already done this to an extent, but until the dudebros stop buying cod and fifa every year, this is how things will remain.
>>
>>332395672
Best generation they have had from the consumer perspective. Lots of fun, innovative games.
>>
>>332395568
Kinda on the fence atm.
Haven't had a console previous gen either, but thinking about getting a ps4 for dat dere bloodborne and GTA V action.
>>
>>332399834
Nice delusion. DS blows it out of the water by far, and it had the same gimmick a decade earlier.
>>
>>332399047
If Forza Horizon 3 is announced for PC I'm selling my Xbone. That's the only thing keeping me on the platform atmtbqhfam
>>
>>332395672
>Nintendo too risk by casualizing all their franchises to hell

No

>>332399120

I hate to hate Nintendo, but they have it well deserved for being pussies.
>>
>>332395568
there are plenty of games out there. aside froma few backward compatible games i have 90 games on the xbox. and i know the ps4 has more.

it's just preference.
>>
>>332395568
This is the aftermath of the previous gen. Every major problem has its roots on it.

>>332402074
Casualising aside he's right. Innovation in videogames is with a gimmick, a real one, one conceived and focused on games. Nintendo understand this.

But people seems to not think that videogames systems has to be their own way.
>>
>have a PS4 I got for myself for Christmas and 16 games so far
>but by /v/'s standards none of them count because weeb stuff and multiplats because I have a middle of the line PC that can't run GTA
>>
>>332395568
Lots of medium sized devs have gone out of business in the last decade+, all the smaller devs are going the crowd funding route which takes longer because of fan input, and big devs take an eternity to do anything new and when they finally finish it they rerelease it with a new coat of paint twice a year until everyone's sick of it.
>>
I like the Wii U 2bh, easily the best console so far but it will be short lived.

Ps4 and Xbone are depressingly shit, too much garbage AAA games that dont even run well, PS4 may be the worst console I have ever purchased but it still has a chance of being decent.

Xbone is beyond redemption, glad I avoided that shit like the plague.
>>
>>332399047

>wasting $350 on a racing peripheral
>>
Say I come from the land of nogaems (shitbox pc in the past and a lolmacbook atm). Missed the last generation of consoles.
Is getting a ps4 worth it at this point, or can I make do with buying a ps3 and binging through all the classics?
>>
Devs want to make,it big with mobile
>>
>>332404081

Just get a ps3 and grab shit from the ps1 and ps2 libraries they have up

This console gen is shit
>>
>>332404081

You could binge through PS3 games on a PS4 with Ps Now
>>
If the PS4 is so good, why is it already obsolete?
>>
>>332402074
Literally when were Nintendo games not casual?
Let's be honest here and say that you really just like drama.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (18 KB, 252x200) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
18 KB, 252x200
>>332395568
In the last two months I've picked up:
-SFV
-Pokken
-Kamen Rider Battwar Genesis
-Twilight Princess HD
-XCom 2
-FE: Fates

If you can't find any games to buy maybe you're tired of the hobby
>>
File: 1455554046476.png (524 KB, 640x629) Image search: [Google]
1455554046476.png
524 KB, 640x629
>>332404081
the nnew consoles are literally just ps360s in a more expensive box. every game runs at ps360 frame rates. every game is the same as ps360 gen.

get a 360 (it WAS the better system) and grab ninja gaiden2, bayonetta, lost odyssey and...fuck, i dunno. there are so many games. and youll pick them up dirt cheap.
>>
>>332404750

PS3 got da bess games

More like Gaylo
>>
I can't wait for Penis 4.5 in 4k @ 10FPS with even less games.
>>
>>332404750
No shit. I got the XOne about 5 months ago and haven't played it since half playing through the 4 games I got when I first bought it.
That was:
Halo MCC, unplayable multiplayer < dead after playing through campaigns.
Mad Max, bored as shit after 2 hours < dead
That Once Racing Game, same thing, bored after 3 hours < dead
Witcher 3, endless dialog quests < dead after 5 hours.

Worthless console really, shit else has come out since, fuck Halo 5, maybe the new GoW game will be nice but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Also, Microsoft really can't design a stable UI for shit. Buggier than my PC.
>>
>>332404882
>every game i mentioned was japanese
>hurr gaylo 360 is dudebro machine

a jap360 is an awesome console. shmups out the ass, idolmaster out the ass, best versions of multiplats. interface is WAY better than ps3. download speeds, installs, fucking everything.

xb1 is the worst consumer electronics device ive ever used but 360 was great
>>
>>332404269
The Playstation is going all in on becoming a PC-wannabe with incremental updates to hardware. This upcoming one being an upgrade for the VR shit. Also, all the television stuff that xbone was being shit on for, Sony is going all in on that as well. The PS4.5's proposed 4k resolution? That's not for the games and VR, that's for the PS Vue/Now/Whatever it's called, their television channel service.

Microsoft is deprecating the Xbone and ushering folks to go PC so they can get more people on the Windows 10 wagon.

Nintendo just does whatever the fuck they want, with a sick obsession for always making something "NEW!" when it's really just an old shitty idea that didn't work last time repackaged with a different retarded looking controller.
>>
>>332405137
>interface is WAY better than ps3
You mean the blade one or the tile one after Bill Gates left?
>>
>>332405137

>not remembering Chad Daddy

What the fuck has this place become
>>
>>332395568
Halfway through their lifespan? Need I remind you how long sixth gen lasted?
>>
>>332405250
Seth Dub was more entertaining desu.
>>
>>332405250
i remember the triple's mascot
didnt realize thats what you were doing. it's been so long. fuck, i've wasted my life here.
>>
>>332395568
The Wii U had basically nothing until late 2014, and the console came out in 2012.
>>
>>332403579
This. I have all 3 consoles, bought a Wii U because quality games were out on it, won a ps4 and played destiny and I bought a bone for halo.

Wii U has me satisfied, but the ps4 and bone have been a consistent disappointment. Destiny was fun for the raids with friends, but that's the only actual fun I had on either bone or ps4. I haven't played bloodborne because I haven't finished dark souls 1 yet and wanna do that first before burning money on something that seems set to disappoint.

If sony and microsoft start moving their stuff to be a PC service or just PC gaming respectively, I wouldn't be surprised. It's embarrassing to see people going out and buying ps4s and bones for literally no worthwhile games and they don't even have local multiplayer any more so there's even less reason than ever before to buy either of them.

Nintendo has done well this gen, it's a pity that consumers are too retarded to know it's a different console and that Nintendo made retarded decisions early on in it's life that has haunted it to this day.
>>
>>332405235
doesnt matter which one; they're both better than ps3's mess of a ui.

i booted up my ps3 for the first time in like a year and it said 20gb was being used but there was nothing on my system. i tried to find what was eating up all that space and it was impossible. there are like 50 sub menus under the settings tab. its ridiculous
>>
>>332404081
>Is getting a ps4 worth it at this point
Absolutely not. There's literally no worthwhile games. You can get anything worthwhile on ps3 that's on it anyways. There's no reason for anyone to buy a ps4, which is amazing that it's sold so well with no actual games.
>>
>>332404194
Play ps3 games at a lower resolution with laggy unresponsive controls? ew.
>>
>>332404750
360 was better than ps3. This is a correct fact
>>
I feel like the new gen consoles were suddenly pushed out of the blue, and developers werent really ready for it, hence all the remasters on PlayStation. But since I'm a weeb I've been getting my money's worth on ps4 playing what it has to offer, and now the line up is finally looking promising for non weebs as well, better late then never
>>
>>332405586
It's the dudebro's gf's Netflix player. That has to be a major reason why so many have been sold.

>been thinking about getting a PS4 to play call of doody black ops warfare 5 preorder edition
>does it play Netflix and DVDs?
>fuck yeah babe
>okay let's buy one 50 50 baby
>BAM!
>>
>>332405658
In my experience using a lan connection though on ps now, I didnt really get noticeable lag input. Beat god of war ascension and asuras wrath on my ps4
>>
>>332406203
But everything is a netflix player
I think my fridge can play netflix if I try and get it running.

I know I have a friend who bought a bone and ps4 unbelievably early on (preordered ps4 with the rest of the unwashed retarded masses) and bought a bone for titanfall. I asked him why and he literally didn't have an answer.

Needless to say I was completely bamfoosled.
>>
>>332405493
>Nintendo has done well this gen, it's a pity that consumers are too retarded to know it's a different console and that Nintendo made retarded decisions early on in it's life that has haunted it to this day.
I agree with you except that it should be pointed out the Wii U going unnoticed it still Nintendo's fault, yet your wording blames consumers. Nintendo's marketing, especially in the west, is complete ass. I hope they market the shit out of the NX.
>>
>>332406598
I'd love for the nx to be popular and to blow up big like the wii without gay fuckin gimmick gyro motion trash.

But it's Nintendo so I have little faith these days. I'll wait for a good library and a successful year for the nx before I get one.
>>
>>332406598
Yeah it's true that all the marketing behind the Wii U was retarded.
>Named the Wii U. Someone better have gotten fired over that
>Looks nearly identical to the Wii
>Tablet marketed heavily to the point people thought it was just an addon
>What seemed like 0 marketing presence
>Almost complete abandonment of 3rd parties
I hate to bring this one up the most, because devs did amazing work, but
>Noticeably weaker than competition
>Online service getting better, but too slowly

I still think Mario Kart 8 is easily one of the best looking games this gen and Zelda is looking amazing too.
>>
>>332406523
A lot of people preordered PS4s just because they stuck it to Microsoft. The burn was so sick that MS is still dead in the water (I watched it live and it was one of the funniest moments in E3 ever to me). The problem with this though is people were buying it just to spite MS and only to spite them, the result is the PS4 having an awful console:game sales ratio, and a lot of buyer's remorse fags about.
>>
>>332407053
>Funniest e3 moment
>not 599 usd

But yeah I can agree that e3 was kekworthy. Ms came out of that high and mighty and quickly got trashed to the point they pretty much backpedalled on everything.

Here's another quality e3 moment https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6aiMYZdq6k
>>
>>332406934
In the 4 years it's been out, I've only seen 2 public commercials for it. It quite literally only has presence online from users shilling it for free
>>
File: tumblr_nn4t3jNT0U1ro5y21o3_250.gif (1 MB, 250x287) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nn4t3jNT0U1ro5y21o3_250.gif
1 MB, 250x287
>>332407053
man, that reveal at e3 was insane. i literally had my hands on the sides of my face because it was just so surreal. that's hubris for ya.

it reminds me of homer's make up gun.
>"homer, women won't like being shot in the face"
>"women will like what i tell them to like"

the ps4 is underwhelming but the xb1 is straight up embarrassing
>>
The econamy is tew blim
>>
>>332407359
Hey I didn't say it was THE funniest moment, but it's up there. Sony's PS3 reveal conference (E3 2006 iirc) was also kekworthy for almost the exact opposite reason
>>
>>332395568
>Is it because every game company is trying to make a massive blockbuster and it's taking way to long and when the game comes out it just turns out to be decent at best?
This annoys me. The AA industry has basically died out now. We can't just get medium budget titles with loads of effort put in now, every game has to be COMING THIS SUMMER EPIC BLOCKBUSTER SUCK MY DICK THIS WILL MAKE SO MUCH MONEY.
>>
>>332407372
I agree and I'm still sad that it's had such a shit market presence.
I live in NZ and there's close to 0 marketing for it here. It's barely even in stores.
A big name electronics store has a sale where the consoles themselves were half off from $500nzd to $250nzd like a year or two into its life. They've gone under recently, but whatever marketing Nintendo had here must have been a bit embarrassed to see an electronics store either not care for the product or not know the difference between it and the Wii.
>>
>>332406934
The thing that I find most odd about the Wii U name is that Nintendo had already gone on record before saying that the 3DS got off to a rough start because of it's name making people confuse it with the DS.

Like, the same problem had already happened before and not even that long ago, why the fuck would they repeat the same mistake?
>>
>>332407705
I could have sworn after reveal they said the name was only a tentative thing.

Can't trust Nintendo not to make retarded marketing decisions any more.
>>
>>332407705
>Like, the same problem had already happened before and not even that long ago, why the fuck would they repeat the same mistake?
Good question actually, my guess is they possibly already had a batch ready to retail so the name/branding was finalized. Thinking about it, this could mean the lack of marketing was an intentional business move, for that way they're not spending millions on marketing a console they already considered DOA.
>>
>>332407835
Nah the reveal was pretty much the nail in the coffin. I remember being saddened by the name because I knew I was going to get it no matter what because Nintendo games, but first time seeing it, I defs said "wtf why."

They do make great games though.
>>
>>332407994
By far the worst part was the emphasis on the controller, with lal the taglines in the trailer being about it.

What a fucking PR disaster.
>>
>>332395568
Here's the short version

>developers lost faith in big budget releases, they assumed generation fatigue was more than just "oh we know a new console has to be out soon"
>witcher 3 did realyl well as a big budget release
>suddenly everyone realised that you can make big budget release games and have them sell

Basically no one was making typical big budget releases beforehand because there was no confidence, confidence was restored now which is why we can see big budget releases on the horizon.
>>
>>332408502
What the fuck are you talking about, big-budget AAA releases hit off in gen 7 and have remaining a huge part of the market. At what point did that ever change?
>>
>>332408665
Towards the end of the 360/ps3 life. This isn't hearsay this is from the horses mouth (through an intermediary)

That's why we saw so many games going down those episodic routes from square enix., and then a sudden "wait no lets not do thta" (except FF7 but that's becuase that game is always going to be ungodly expensive to remake) Shit like tomb raider failing to meet it's goals really started people going "I dunno about this"
>>
>>332409120
I really don't see it anon, I think you've just happened to see a false correlation on something you already believed.
>>
>>332409981
Well, execs at square enix have confirmed that this was a thing that the majority thought.
>>
>>332410153
Where?
>>
>>332404596
>Xcom 2

Didn't know that was on consoles.

>FE Fates

Didn't know that was on consoles.

It's fantastic that you got the rest in the past two months, now tell me what you got the rest of the gen on the new consoles, not the pc or 3ds or vita.
>>
>>332410214
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VysWXsuGPHQ
>>
>>332410819
>jimquisition

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHHA
>>
>>332411060
You could actually watch it instead of just telling us you don't like him.
>>
>>332410819
>>332413076
Well why link a secondary source instead of the primary source to begin with? This is assuming the video isn't just Jim rambling his own opinions as I haven't watched it yet.
>>
>>332413512
Because Jim's source isn't likely to tell you who he is becuase he's leaking square enix' boardroom meeting details?

That's kinda the thing with these sources, you either trust that you aren't just being lied to or you don't.
>>
>>332414630
Really convenient.
>>
>>332414730
This is... age old in journalism. I'm not going to say you -have- to trust him. I'm just going to say he hasn't given me any reason not to and I tihnk that what he says sounds reasonable. Even if it's a bit descriptive.
>>
>>332395568
Yep my PS4 is a dust collector, at least when compared to PS3. And with the PS4.5 apparently coming so soon its gonna get worse. After UC4 im going to bail to PC. Fuck paying for online and having garbage ass sales.
>>
>>332414930
Yeah I'll just take one person's word for it without any kind of facts or research or anything. I'll just turn off my brain so I can get on your level.
>>
>>332414630
>>332414930
That's not only a really specific source, since it's the opinion of one publisher, but it's also potentially untrue (and certainly unreliable) as it's not a primary source. In other words, >>332409981 is pretty-much correct.
>>
>>332395568
Costs to make AAA approaching movies
>>
>>332415160
You CAN'T research these things more. That's kidna the pont. The information is not publically available and they don't want it to be. That's why -trust- is a thing that journalsits build up. So that when someone comes to them and tells them shit but won't give a name to protect themselves and people can still find out.

Like. I can't believe I'm having to explain this. If you don't want to trust him that's fucking fine. But don't be a retard about it. This is just how this kind of thing works...
>>
>>332415226
Under your standards all investigative journalism that relies on anonymous sources is false correlation.

In short, holy fuck you guys really don't know the first thing about journalism.
>>
>>332415473
>You CAN'T research these things more. That's kidna the pont.

Alright so since I can't find out any info of it other than one person I'm not going to believe it. That's like saying that the kid that says he has a uncle that works at nintendo and they are making Super Metroid 2 should be believed even though he has no actual sources and you can't find out for yourself.
>>
>>332415473
>>332415546

Well someone's awfully butthurt that his opinions were backed up by 1 (ONE) unreliable source. I can't emphasize that enough, your entire viewpoint has been backed up by that single unreliable source. The fact that it's unreliable doesn't bother me, it isn't inherently a bad thing and I understand that the industry hardly wants to be open about such a topic, but you must be having an absolute laugh if you feel one source for one publisher's opinion suddenly validates your viewpoint as a fact. At absolute best, it's a hypothesis.
>>
>>332415546
>>332415473
And to be honest the lenghts you'll go to dismiss it are fucking funny considering it's literally saying "these companies are dodgy and shit based on this information I have from my sources"

If you listen to all th arguements and disagree, that's -fine- you're allowed to not trust shit that someone else does.

But he does do the most importnat thing, make predictive claims as well as descriptive, adding the risk that it can be falsified when the information comes out at last.

But yes. If you guys don't want to trust, fine. But that's all it is, a lack of trust.
>>
>>332395568
More games than ever are coming out for them. You just consider them "indie trash" as opposed to "games" now.

There are much fewer boxed games because the investment for these always expects huge fucking returns.
>>
>>332415674
>I'm not going to believe it.

Fine. That's grand. But he did also make predictive claims which, if those hold true, then add more dimensions, and the earlier video he followed also made predictive claims, which, if you guys know your Popper, and I sure hope you do based on the way you're talking >>332415821 being dragged into this post. Makes it distinct from simply describing past events.

this is falscifiable, and it hasn't been fascified.
>>
>>332416032
>there's tons of no effort games being put out

You're right. We're talking retail here. We're talking AA games here.
>>
File: 1455087937974.gif (2 MB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
1455087937974.gif
2 MB, 400x226
>>332395568
>MFW nows the time to collect for ps3,360 and wii.
>Everyone is too busy jumping on a bloodbourne/fifa machine to bother selling thier games at a good price
>MAssive profits as well
>>
>>332416146
Why do you believe everything Jim Sterling says?
>>
>>332416146
This post is confusingly worded, I can't honestly follow what you're saying
>>
>>332395568
>Wii U
Sm4sh
3D Mario
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
Bayonetta 1+2
Mario Kart 8

>PS4
Metal Gear Solid V
Bloodborne
Street Fighter 5

>Xbox One
Gears of War Ultimate Edition
Master Chief Collection
Waiting for Dark Souls 3

I think the above games are all great and they're all I own for each system, barring a few multiplats. There's plenty of other stuff out there, so I don't think you're looking hard enough.
>>
>>332416719
You missed the ENTIRE point of the thread. Congrats you won the retard award.
>>
I get asked by coworkers why I don't have a PS4 or Xbone. My first answer is always 'are you gonna buy me one?' with my second being there is nothing that interests me enough. I'm still interested in Bloodborne and DS 3 but that's it? I'm not buying a PS4 for two games only.

All I see them play is multiplayer shit like Division and I'm not into playing with others, I grew up playing single play games and its been like that for two decades now, I mean I still played my share of smash and Halo but that was with someone I don't speak to anymore as he valued drugs more.
>>
What? I am actually really happy with what this gen offered so far. I mean, there is a ton of games released on consoles thanks to the bigger indie support. I mean, look at PS or Xbox store, there are a lot of games released every month.
>>
>>332416468
I don't, I'm willing to trust him when he says that he has a source that says X, backs it up by saying "look out for this in the future." then it happens and then follows up with more in depth information and digging based on that same source's information.

>>332416642
he made claims years ago based on this same source, those claims have bourned fruit. The fact he made them makes it worth more than if he had just used it after the fact to describe it.
>>
>>332417217
>he made claims years ago based on this same source, those claims have bourned fruit. The fact he made them makes it worth more than if he had just used it after the fact to describe it.
But the claims he made is just being backed up by further claims he alone is making? Even if the source is true, he's the only one that seems to have reported it, making it extremely questionable as a source. So, for me at least, the whole thing falls flat really quickly.
>>
>>332417642
How would other people report on a source only he has?

Do you distrust investigative journalism into criminal gangs becuase there's only one guy who has a source about them?

And here's the timeline bceuase you seem to refuse to watch the video.

In 2013 he got information about square enix trying to sell games episodically and chop them up and all this. Years down the line square enix are suddenly making tons of episodic games. This backs up what his source said. With that credibility he decided to pry more and make a video about it.

Now your trust points can stand, sure. But the point where it could just be considered to be bunk passed when the claims he made would happen actually happened. That doesn't prove that everything else he said is true, but it means you can't just say "it's not worth the time of day" well you can obviously. But it's not the same as doing so for a totally unsubstantiated claim, or someone turning up without having made a claim to back it up first.

The risk of making what you say testable makes it more. And he made it testable. There was a chance to say "this is false, your claim never came true" It doesn't prove the claims, but it elevates them.
>>
>>332418307
Okay, but why did you ignore my earlier suggestion that one publisher's decisions reflect the entire industry (since that it what you claimed in your first post)?

>Do you distrust investigative journalism into criminal gangs becuase there's only one guy who has a source about them?
Yes, actually. I'm very cynical about anything unless there's proof (e.g. primary source[s]) or at least numerous secondary sources. It's helpful that his earlier statements have been proven correct, but that doesn't automatically mean further claims are also correct, that's not how it works.
>>
>>332404175
Better yet; get a fucking ps1 and ps2 and play your games there.

Ps3 is shit.
>>
>>332418895
>one publisher's decisions reflect the entire industry
Meant "don't reflect".
>>
>>332418967
*doesn't
Fucking mobile
>>
>>332418895
Because in the video he says that others are doing so based on what his source knows.

You know what could clear up all of the questions you have asked so far. Watching the video instead of memeing about it.
>>
>>332419295
I can't watch as I'm in public without headphones. My points still stand, even if you seem to dislike that. You can still believe Jim of course, I just don't given the circumstances for the reasons I stated.
>>
>>332417150
That's kinda the point IMO, indies have contributed most of the output, and that's not right. I like indie games, they're better than the generic AAA game, but this gen is barren compared to what it should be.
>>
>>332419506
Okay, that's a fairly reasonable reason.
>>
File: 1415309618177.png (38 KB, 699x704) Image search: [Google]
1415309618177.png
38 KB, 699x704
>>332399120
>If everyone bought a wii u, we wouldn't be in this mess

Sorry begging won't save your DOA system
>>
>>332419796
Everyone knows it's too late. He's just making a factual statement.
>>
File: 1459228355116.jpg (30 KB, 500x440) Image search: [Google]
1459228355116.jpg
30 KB, 500x440
>>332399047
>Mfw refunding mine today because had 90 days or my money back

Killer instinct already launched on it so mind as well go for it
>>
File: fineassmeat3d.png (1 MB, 1610x1080) Image search: [Google]
fineassmeat3d.png
1 MB, 1610x1080
>>332395568
people mostly buy into AAA games now, so lesser studios cant make money thus less projects get made.

studios now go with SAFE games with realistic graphics cause modern games HAVE TO SELF INSERT into everything and they cant imagine themselves playing games where they are animals in wacky worlds, etc etc.

and lastly, people now want Stories in their games thus, simple games with shallow stories that try to focus on the fun are shunned upon.

so basically it is gamers fault because that is what we have been demaning from game companies.

now lie on your bed
Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.