[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Deep Down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
>2014
>development 60% complete
Does anyone remember this massive bait? Why is this allowed?
>>
>>332394943

forgot the name but waited for this game and thought about buying ps4 (also for the ff7 remake).
so what is the status of deep down ?
>>
Remember when we thought the ps4 would be good?
>>
>>332394943
>Why is this allowed?
So sonycucks can say look at our upcoming games.
>>
>>332395203
>so what is the status of deep down ?

Last I heard it's no longer a game, it's a "service".

So I guess that means it's probably so online only crap that will try to bleed you of your money. Pretty sure they said it's not going to be an MMO.
>>
>>332395230

always if i look for top 10 games for ps4 most of the games are on pc anyways.
so what does the ps4 offer i don't already have ? beside ff7 remake (which will suck because of the combat).
>>
>>332394943
>160x90
fuck you
>>
>>332395331
I don't know. More and more jap games are being ported to PC.
>>
>>332395331

oh and i hate shooter on consoles.
>>
>>332395331

god damn i try to find games but there is nothing.
maybe bloodborne but i don't pay this much money for 1 or 2 games.
consoles suck.
>>
>>332395203
>so what is the status of deep down
The last official line was from Ono around a year ago when he said that it's "currently in the process of being significantly reworked". Yoshida's been asked about it a few times since, but he always just says "I'm not the man to ask, you need to go see Capcom".

People have been arguing what Ono meant ever since; some think that Capcom are just doing to cancel it on the sly and recycle assests from it into future Dragon's Dogma and Monster Hunter (Though SCEJ were co-developing Deep Down, so I'm assuming they wouldn't get it go down quite so easily), whereas some think that they're scrapping the F2P aspect and the AssCreed type plot elements and re-revealing it after Souls fever has died down after DaS3.
>>
>>332394943
Sony always announces games that will never fucking came out. People will always fall for it.
>>
>>332394943

nice file dork

Deep Down looks pretty bland to be honest, most likely just filler development so that Sony had something to tell shareholders
>>
>>332395230
It is good.
>>
>>332395516
Its one or the other. Still no game on this engine yet either. Might see it reintroduced at E3, Sony basically as nothing they didn't announce last year.
>>
>>332395523
Capcom are the ones to blame, idiot. Not Sony.
>>
File: 1437253369613.gif (45 KB, 50x28) Image search: [Google]
1437253369613.gif
45 KB, 50x28
>>332394943
>>
>>332395501
Not only you have limited tastes but you also are a poorfag? End yourself.
>>
File: Deep_down_ps4_jackie.jpg (50 KB, 670x376) Image search: [Google]
Deep_down_ps4_jackie.jpg
50 KB, 670x376
They're starting from scratch and repurposing the assets so they can make Dragon's Dogma 2
>>
>>332395331

I think people flipped over the PS4 because it was the pandering console

>duuuuuuude TLG
>duuuuuuude Shenmue
>duuuuuuude Onimusha
>duuuuuuude FF7
>duuuuuuude etc.

That and Nintendo and MS are still recovering from going full retard for their 8th gen consoles
>>
>>332395890
What the fuck is there? Don't tell me to buy DOAX or some Squeenix and Atlus games. If I wanted a casual game to watch alone (which I dont) I'd buy an indie game for a quarter of the price.
>>
>>332395817
>>
>>332395993
>>
>>332395957

>Let's make a medieval fantasy game and give it a big marketing push.
>Should we start with a medieval fantasy IP that fans are desperate for more of?
>No, let's make some completely new IP that nobody will be excited about

No idea what they were thinking
>>
Even if it sees the day of light it'll be free 2 play so it's already dead.
>>
File: Let-It-Die-logo.jpg (14 KB, 418x239) Image search: [Google]
Let-It-Die-logo.jpg
14 KB, 418x239
It could be worse.

I don't think there's ever been a more apt title.
>>
>>332396757
>post-Killer7 Suda

Don't worry, I'm sure it was always going to be crap.
>>
>>332395993
>MS are still recovering from going full retard for their 8th gen consoles

This.

PS4 had little more to offer to me other than the fact that it wasn't an Xbone.

360 went downhill hard towards the end, then M$ tried bending me over with that always online shit with Xbone.
>>
>>332397438
... I liked Shadows of the Damned
>>
>>332394943
>>2014
>>development 60% complete
then they said they were pretty much rebuilding the game in 2015
>>
File: 1444388712431.jpg (547 KB, 2477x3500) Image search: [Google]
1444388712431.jpg
547 KB, 2477x3500
>>332396757
>>332397438

In the times we are in I am very surprised they haven't re-released or remade more of their older titles.

Sad that most of the pre-Killer7 shit was never released in the west.

NMH series was okay I guess but the second game really fell flat. I don't see why they wouldn't make a third game, probably would make decent money cause that was their most infamous game.

What were they thinking with making Let It Die?
It just seems totally separated from what their fans would be into. Lily Beragmo seems way more in the vein of things.
>>
A game that far along doesn't die and nit come back again it as something else, I bet it's being made into Dragons Dogma 2. The reason development halted was because the engine become death due to scope creep
>>
>>332397963

>the engine

ah yes

panty raid technology
>>
>>332397729
I still haven't gotten any new gen console shit. I was going to get a ps4 but then Silent Hills died and some other games went multiplatform.
Might get one eventually for FFXV, Bloodborne and Nioh. Don't really see anything else worth the time...

Pc gaming is the cheapest route if you already have a decent rig. A lot of games now are on pc unless you want to play obscure Japanese titles or some indie titles...or if you are still into Nintendo.
>>
>>332395331
Even the FF7 remake is "first on ps4", so you'll be able to play it on a pc sooner or later too. Doubt they'll bring it to the One.
>>
>>332394943
Well, the game was half-way done but then they realized it's crap and started back at the beginning.
>>
>>332398275
I honestly thought the "gameplay" (Though it's painfully obvious it's not actually running on a PS4) looked like it showed promise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIRUImPWaOo
>>
>>332397848

>What were they thinking with making Let It Die?
>It just seems totally separated from what their fans would be into. Lily Beragmo seems way more in the vein of things.

Because they got bought out by a retarded mobile company who thinks edgy bullshit would sell better.
>>
every time they shown info on it, it actually looked pretty interesting/good

the only thing that puts a damper on everything and reminds it's not gonna be good is the "f2p" part
>>
>people are still not aware capcom has serious financial trouble.

Only new games they've made were funded by either microsoft (dead rising 3) and street fighter 5 (sony)
Re revelations2 and strider are the only self funded games by them
>>
>>332399695
SCEJ were co-developers on Deep Down though, so I assumed they were at least footing part of the bill.
>>
>>332397438
The problem is most recent "Suda" games weren't really made by him or his influence was severely cut from the game, Shadows of the Damned or Lollipop chainsaw are good examples.
>>
>>332400054

>was eager to see how Suda would do a horror game
>Mikami and EA turned it into an RE4 clone
>>
>>332400472
Even worse, a really unfunny RE4 clone.
>>
>>332395331
You don't know shit about the combat system. Fucking no one does. Quit bitching.
>>
>not being happy Capcom wasted money
>yet still buying monster hunter and SF
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.