[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Literally every multiplayer fps would be better off without the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7
File: autism_center_pittsburgh.jpg (69 KB, 1000x400) Image search: [Google]
autism_center_pittsburgh.jpg
69 KB, 1000x400
Literally every multiplayer fps would be better off without the sniper class.
>>
File: 1458578902114.jpg (42 KB, 463x263) Image search: [Google]
1458578902114.jpg
42 KB, 463x263
>>332394109
>multiplayer fps
>with classes
>>
Every FPS would be better without multiplayer.
>>
>>332394109
not wrong, however since it is a type of troop seen in the military, it would make little sense to not have one as well. Imagine if a historically accurate game had a bunch of weapons from WW2, but not a single Mosin-Nagant, or Kar-98k
It would just be madness
>>
>>332394173
it's plenty, what are you talking about
>>
>>332394109
it would be better if they allowed like 1-2 snipers per team
>>
>>332394109
Not entirely wrong but I think the ''heavy'' classes are always worse. They usually have lots of health and have a machine gun which generally have lots of ammo and high damage. Heavies ruined Tribes Ascend for me
>>
Actually, the sniper in RTCW:Enemy Territory is not just a sniper but a covert operative who can wear enemy clothing. Adds a lot of depth to the game.
>>
>>332394307
fuck class based fps they suck.
>>
Stop peeking the fucking sniper you fucking noob. lrn2fps
>>
>>332394314
>>
>>332394189
This is wrong

Games are fun with other people and there is always some sort of challenge or different scenario you're going to be put into.
>>
Snipers are always the best classes.
Especially when chest and head shots are 1 hit kills.

They are always the hardest class to master and you see many tryhards but there will be this one game where the enemy sniper is just unstoppable.
>>
>>332394545
The problem is shitty snipers are abundant and aimbotters love hoping on the sniper.
>>
Good thing you limited it to FPSes, Garden Warfare has great snipers.

>Barriers, Landmines and Drones
>Rocket Jumping, Smoke Clouds and RPGs or Drones, Stun Grenades and Speedboosts
>>
File: image.gif (345 KB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
345 KB, 250x141
>>332394545
>tfw close-range assault sniping to capture objectives in BF4 hardcore
It's incredible to kill a guy who rounds a corner instantly the second he begins to think about shooting you. Even if he's quicker on the draw you still win, every time.
>>
>>332394984
>garden warfare
>good at anything
what?
>>
>>332395090
What would you say's wrong with it? I find it fun, even if the class balance is more than a little skewed towards the Zombies.
>>
servers on tf2 should autoban for picking sniper or spy.
>>
>>332394109
Fuck your shit, covert ops was a great class when you knew what to do with it.
>>
File: marchhare1.jpg (126 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
marchhare1.jpg
126 KB, 768x576
>>332394545
>point and click instagib
>hardest to master
>>
>He has never had a sniper who knows what he is doing on his team

I once played BF:BC2 with this amazing sniper on our team. There was not a single unspotted enemy soldier, no tank position went unmortared and he was a crack shot to boot.

I realize that experience does not match 90% of snipers, but to claim that people playing the class wrong is an inherent flaw of the class is ridiculous. When you have someone watching your back from afar and providing you with invaluable intel on enemy positions, you are at a major advantage over the enemy.
>>
>>332394109
git gud
>>
>>332394109

I 100% agree with you, OP.

Take tf2 for example ; Sniper is a steaming pile of useless shit and having more than one in your team is almost a guaranteed lose.
>>
>>332395176

Spy and Sniper should not even exist.
>>
>>332395198
>bullet drop isn't a thing
>bullet speed isn't a thing
>wind speed and direction isn't a thing
desu i'd rather take my time to place a perfect shot than to blindly hipfire a whole magazine into some dude a few feet away.
>>
>>332394378
>playing as a war criminal
>>
>>332395273
butthurt soldier main detected
>>
>>332394109
I think sniper classes are fine, but anyone who wanted to use one would have to sleep in their own piss and feces for two weeks.

Take some of the glamour out of it.
>>
>>332395212
I'll never get tired of this "but I'm helpding" argument. The "positives" you listed are things that can be done by literally anyone, usually better, while also actually properly contributing to the game.
>>
>>332395240
>Join public server
>5 sniper on your team
It's like they don't even want to win
>>
>>332394378
>steal enemy covert ops' gun while playing any class because holy shit the Sten is a monster if you're good
>retards start TKing me because they think I'm an enemy covert ops
>>
>>332395212
I used to snipe in 1943 and I would just c4 our cars and blow them up when our squad ran into tanks. No friendly fire so no damage vehicles besides the tanks.
>>
>>332395529
>The "positives" you listed are things that can be done by literally anyone
Confirmed for never playing that game.
>>
>>332395445
>war criminal
Only if you lose.
>>
>>332395481

I main demoman and medic, what the fuck is your point?
>>
>>332394527
Maybe I'm the weird one, but I've never played a game and thought to myself, "This is great, but you know what would make the experience better? A bunch of 14-year-olds calling each other 'nigger.'"
>>
>>332395373
>bullet drop isn't a thing
>bullet speed isn't a thing
>wind speed and direction isn't a thing
Usually isn't. America's Army was the most realistic FPS to my knowledge and it didn't have that.
>>
>>332395696

"Mute" exists for a reason.
>>
>>332395529
Mortar is only available to the recon and having such a view of the battlefield that you are able to tag most enemies requires an elevated position that overlooks vast areas. Weapons other than scoped rifles are not very useful from such locations.
>>
>>332395696
I usually think
"This is great, but you know what'd make this better?
Playing against actual people and not braindead AI so that I can experience some semblance of challenge and replayability."
>>
File: le pissing man.png (380 KB, 854x479) Image search: [Google]
le pissing man.png
380 KB, 854x479
>>332394109
>standing around like a bloody idiot
>>
>>332395696
You play games that attract children and you don't have your own party. Most of the time the only kids screaming nigger are faggots from 4chan unless you play on console.
>>
>sniper is instakill
>shotgun shoots beanbag rounds

Stop this shit!
>>
>>332395686
>i'm a healslut
nevermind
>>
>Getting mad at snipers

Literally the only reason I would actually play an FPS is to make you mad.
>>
>>332394527
camping is NOT a challenge it´s fucking boring and kills any fun there is to gaming. fuck your waiting in the corner for people to pass by faggots like you wouldnt have made it in Quake 3 / UT 2004
>>
>>332395831
>braindead AI
AI is literally the most skilled player there is if they want to program it right you will never ever win a game in your entire life
>>
>>332396072
Lol I don't camp and I only play defensively and methodically in ARMA-like games. I usually play aggressive shooters and rush hard.

During the rare times I play CS I stack a bunch of nades to bully pugs as much as I can.
>>
>>332395997

I'm the reason my team's still pushing while your pussy ass fucbois teammates are retreating to your spawn's locker.

Don't pretend you don't enjoy infinite health kits.
>>
>>332396259
okay healslut
>>
>>332396185
That's a problem. It can basically ambit and wallhack if it wanted to which removes some of the key reasons I love playing shooters. I love flanking and making myself a difficult target.
>>
>>332396185
That's right, but no one hits the sweet spot of challenging, fun AI that lies between dumb AI and perfect AI.
Or if they have, maybe I'm just not playing the right games.
Usually AI is barely competent on Hard and batshit insane 360 noscope from across the next level the moment you start the game on Very Hard.
I want to struggle for a win, not breeze through or have to cheese through.
>>
>>332396185
And yet they're still braindead.
What is the appopriate level for a AI?
How do you handle teamplay for AIs?
What knowledge do they have?
How do they respond to it?
Do they all?
All these are factors for good AI that we don't nearly satisfy. I don't even know how you plan to play fps against AI. Either you play some story mode, which will always have the same situations with some minor changes. Or I don't even know, get in a group and play against some cpus? Either sounds retarded.
>>
>>332395756
Mortar is only available to recon, but it's also the absolute worst possible way to try and kill a tank and any tank that dies to one is so retarded they could have been repair tooled to death. Anyone can go to "an elevated position" and if your "elevated position" is so far away from the action that the other firearms are not useful, then you are not contributing the game because you are not assisting with the objectives. The size of BC2 maps + the way weapons worked meant you could snipe with pistols in that game anyway. Battlefield games are among the worst possible examples you could use to try and defend snipers in FPS games because they directly contradict the core gameplay mechanics of "get as many bodies on the objective as possible" and "keep your squad together".
>>
>>332394109
>Life would be better if guns wouldn't been invented

Well, tough luck.
>>
>>332396725
Life would be better if 4chan wouldn't been invented
>>
>>332396665
Mortar's usefulness isn't limited to tanks. It can be used to hammer a building where enemies are entrenched in, or deny enemy infantry access to an important area, like the objective.

And again, you can "snipe" with other weapons, but it won't be nearly as effective as downing people with a single well-placed shot. Your squad also is together, it just so happens that one member of the squad has a farther operational range than the others. A sniper can engage the same enemies that you engage at the objective without being there.
>>
>play Insurgency
>without fail, at least half the team is camping and trying to snipe
>people will pick a rifleman and put an ACOG on the M16 just so they can snipe
>there are deathmatch servers running 24/7 but these people insist on playing the objective game modes where kills almost don't matter

It's always fun to see a 20/0 sniper blame his team for losing on offense. Surely because he killed all the defenders moving in the open his teammates should have been able to easily defeat me and the three other marksmen/snipers all covering each other and any ways to the objective. Nope, as long as he gets targets of opportunity he's doing his job, his job definitely isn't to kill the enemy snipers and machine gunners or anything.

>fucking rage incarnate
I pretty much grab sniper if it's available then just grab a DMR and play the objective. There are two maps where scopes beyond a 2x are actually useful and nobody plays them because they're shitty sniper fests.
>>
>>332396921
>tfw sks
Come the fuck on.
Some push rounds as American attackers are just impossible because the second the smoke stops coming our entire team is instantly gunned down from across the map.
>>
>>332395212

>good sniper
>wrecks the enemy team with OHK's up the ass and disbalances the game causing the enemy team to ragequit

>bad sniper
>takes a player slot and does not help with objectives

Both have negative effects.
>>
>>332397352
A good player in any position has the potential to rape the opposition and cause them to ragequit. It's not a feat unique to snipers.
>>
>>332397592

OHK's are a lot more infuriating.
>>
File: image.gif (3 MB, 365x274) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3 MB, 365x274
>>332397686
>tfw OHK'd while moving in RS siege
>killcam shows the guy spraying wildly into my stationary self at point blank range for at least 5 seconds before killing me
Fucking shitty internet faggots
>>
>>332394109
>be good at sniping in multiple FPS (TF2, S4 League, COD, Microvolts etc.)
>My friend comes over to my house and brings his Wii U with him.
>Haven't played Splatoon yet, ask to try it out.
>After he does a few rounds online I ask to try it out.
>changes it to some random gun since understanding stats in this game is atrocious.
>turns out to be a sniper rifle of some sort.
>first 30 seconds of the match trying to get used to controls.
>I'm on a high point and I snipe one kid.
>Moves down ramp
>Second kid to my right
>Sniped him point blank
>Third kid pops up
>oh shit
>get him too.
>Triple kill
>My friend tells me to call down this isn't COD
>How many points do I
>Fourth kid catches me by surprise and kills me

I'm STILL surprised that FPS skills can carry over to another game that's kinda different.
>>
>>332398590
30 seconds to get used to gamepad controls? you know you dont have to use the motion controls right?
>>
>>332398740
Well he had them on when I was playing but I did pretty ok the next round when he showed me how to turn it off
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.