[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are exclusives games really a bad thing? Can someone explain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: PS4-Console-wDS4.png (167 KB, 585x388) Image search: [Google]
PS4-Console-wDS4.png
167 KB, 585x388
Are exclusives games really a bad thing? Can someone explain to me why exclusives are regarded and anti-consumer?

I look at Xbox ones exclusives and I see that I may potentially adopt the system one day to play the games. Do Xbox users see the Playstation the same way?
>>
Exclusives can only be played on one system. You need that system to play it. If they were not exclusive, you would not need the system to play it. Nobody wants to buy a system for 2 or 3 games.
>>
>Exclusivity is not anti-consumer. Companies broker exclusivity deals to increase the appeal of their product. This is not vaguely anti-consumer behavior.

>Anti-consumer behavior is companies limiting your rights. Lobbying for restrictive legislation, enforcing harmful DRM, demanding use of third party software, etc.

>Exclusivity does not abridge any of your rights. All it does is set a higher pricepoint for a product. A company refusing to cater to your personal desire for a lower price point is not anti-consumer.
>>
>>321730615
But those games are made by the companies who make the hardware. I would buy an Xbox when it gets more games I like to play on it.

I dont know if xbox users see the playstation the same way though
>>
i think exclusives are fine and yes i feel the same
like until dawn looks like a must have
>>
>>321730561
Theyre bad because people want to play them but cant because of snobbish pc elitism or irrational brand loyalty.

Aka theyre bad because butthurt
>>
>>321730561
Well i own an xbone and i really dont see myself spending 350+ for bloodborn
>>
Why do people get upset that Ps4 has exclusives but don't get upset that Xbone or Wii U have exclusives?
>>
>>321735265
Because Ps4 is popular
>>
>>321730561
Theres no problem, carry on.
>>
>>321730561
i own an xboner and i don't care about the ps4.
>>
>everyone makes really good and worth while exclusives
>everyone gets good games no matter which platform you bought

I don't see how exclusives are bad at all.
>>
Emulation will save everyone. I doubt anyone will care about your retarded exclusives by the time, though.
>>
>>321735265
Because Sonyggers constantly shitpost about their one game.
See: couple of months before Bloodborne came out.
>>
>>321735265
Tallest trees catch the most wind.
>>
>>321736598
Why do you act like EDF 4.1 doesn't count?
>>
Exclusives exist because companies don't want to release their games on their competitors system. Can you blame them?
>>
>>321736598
>implying nintendrones didn't equally shitpost about Bayonetta
>>
File: 1434971827958.png (70 KB, 664x220) Image search: [Google]
1434971827958.png
70 KB, 664x220
>>
Exclusives are anything BUT a bad thing, they are the lifeblood of the industry. They are the most expensive, most original, most daring, but also the most risky games out there. So only companies big enough to make consoles back them in order to attract people to their system.

And that is because - like it or not - games are interactive, and the prettier and more complex they are, the more computing power they need, and the more money that computing power costs.

Except when you buy a console. Which is why consoles were always head and shoulders above PCs in terms of proliferation when it comes to gaming.

There are so many amazing games, hell, entire genres of games that would not exist if it wasn't for exclusivity. That's why exclusives games are always of the highest quality.

The only people who don't like exclusives are degenerate PC gamers, but fuck them, honestly.
>>
>>321736774
I don't think anyone considers that to be exclusive after it was found in the Steam DB
>>
>>321730701
>Anti-consumer behavior is companies [...] enforcing harmful DRM, demanding use of third party software, etc.

How is that any different from forcing a consumer to buy an entire new console to play one game?
>>
>>321741286
/thread
>>
>>321735265

People don't give a shit about Master Steff and Mario anymore. Nathan Drake is double the cool.
>>
>>321730561
The only reason I don't like exclusives as general because you need to rely on other peoples opinion / lies if you want to know anything about them (I'm too old for watching let's plays).

For example I heard people bashing 'Ryse' and I was very surprised when I played the game. I expected a walking simulator and actually it is a pretty good (barebones tho) hack and slash. I play plenty of these games and I could say it is similar to a Call of Duty experience. The game holds your hands, you don't need to think too much and everything is a cinematic experience.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.