[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do I need to play Arkham Origins before Arkham Knight? I really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: Arkham_Knight_logo.jpg (25 KB, 960x600) Image search: [Google]
Arkham_Knight_logo.jpg
25 KB, 960x600
Do I need to play Arkham Origins before Arkham Knight?

I really don't want to since it's a prequel and not made by Rocksteady
>>
>>332385350
Origins was made by the B team, and is entirely skippable. It adds nothing new to the story and only fucks up what is already there.

Skip it, only play if you badly need more Bam Ham.
>>
>>332385426
/thread
>>
No, you'd be fine going straight to Arkham Knight, though I still think Origins is worth a play through.
>>
>>332385504
this
>>
I probably enjoyed Origins more than Knight. Fuck the Bat tank.
>>
>>332385426
Cool, thanks

>>332385739
What's wrong with it?
>>
>>332385426
Not even a B-team.
Different dev entirely
>>
>>332385739
It's sad that you have such a shit taste.
>>
>>332385871
The bat tank is shoved into your face every moment they get. There is even multiple "boss battles" where you literally have to sneak around in it to damage the bad tanks.

Other than that the game is actually pretty fun.
>>
>>332385504
that
>>
>>332386116
Yeah it's a damn shame as I really enjoyed the game but the tank was off putting.

AA:9/10
AC:9/10
AO:7.5/10
AK:8.5/10
>>
>>332385739
Yes, it was fucking terrible. But I honestly think that that was the only way to go with incorporating the Batmobile into the game. I mean, people wanted it, so just they did it. with AC people was like, "Why bother making the whole city open if you can't drive the batmobile?"

At least they didn't just make it like, stand in one spot and shoot this enemy tank until it blows up or some shit.
>>
>>332385350
Origins was fine, but the PC port is dogshit just like Arkham Knight
>>
>>332385350
Origins packs the best boss battles of the entire franchise
>>
File: 562.jpg (36 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
562.jpg
36 KB, 600x600
>>332388725
>Origins packs the best boss battles of the entire franchise
>>
>>332388962
Prove me wrong
>>
File: Viper387.jpg (31 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
Viper387.jpg
31 KB, 320x320
>>332389170
Ok.

Batman Origins is called Batman Origins.
My reaction picture is the single greatest rapist ever telling you that you are in fact both black and stupid.
Jews did 9/11.
MGS3 was the best overall MGS game.

On these solid facts, I present the following argument: u fukin wot m8, dun b cheeky kunt i rek u m8.

So, as you can see, Arkham City has the better boss fights, closely followed by Asylum. I would also accept the argument that Asylum > City, as its a very close call.
>>
>>332389369
City has the only good boss fight in the series.
>>
File: 1458115843757.jpg (15 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1458115843757.jpg
15 KB, 500x500
>>332389568
What the fuck did you just call me?

Anyway, Asylum had some good ones, although City was better, yeah.
>>
>>332389568
the Killer Croc and Scarecrow fights were pretty cool.
>>
knight has a few nods to origins but nothing crucial
>>
Great Bossfights
Great acting by some members
Great interpretations of some characters
Great Story for the most part

Shit game when story ends (sooner than you think)

I say try it OP
>>
The problem with Knight isn't the batmobile

The problem is they got rid of Paul Dini so the narrative sucks complete ass compared to city and asylum

Also the boss fights weren't nearly as good as city.
>>
>>332388725
>recycling moments from Asylum and City
>QTE bosses
>best
>>
>>332390870
this desu.

The DLC kinda brings SOME semblance of good bossfights though. Even if Freeze's arc ends in another fucking tank fight
>>
>>332388725
>croc is a basic ass tutorial boss
>deathstroke is a qte
>copperhead is just like any other fight against thugs
>bane is another boring Titan fight 3 times
>shiva is practically non existent

The only decent ones were deadshot and firefly but they don't come close to touching Mr. Freeze and Ras
>>
>>332385350
Nope.
In fact, I might be in a minority, but it's my favourite Arkham game even though I played the PC version.
I liked the Batmobile, and how vertical the map is.
Story was quite longer than I thought.
>>
>>332391453
I don't even remember the Firefly fight, but I remember the Deadshot mission being a retread of the Mr. Freeze fight from City.
>>
>>332391543
The Firefly fight was a chase.
And one of the most annoying ones I've ever played because if you get hit even a single time it'll take you a fuckload to catch up with him.
>>
>>332390870
>fighting deathstroke
>literally a reskin tank battle
>>
Origins has the best Joker.
Troy Baker > Mark Hamill
>>
>>332391705
Yeah that part was lame for sure but I really didn't think the batmobile hurt the game as a whole even if it could have used about a 1/4 less of it. I think it just seemed worse than it did because when people were doing the side missions they were doing them all after they beat the main missions

The narrative was completely shit. The whole theme was that Batman puts innocent people at risk by just existing but that is never given any weight because they back peddled on Barbara. The game hyped up Batman having to tell robin and gordon about her fate which would have been really heavy but lol nope. Jason becomes a good guy and everyone lives happily ever after. Compare that to city where Batman failed to save Talia and indirectly killed joker there is no heavy hitting moments
>>
File: 104.png (192 KB, 329x545) Image search: [Google]
104.png
192 KB, 329x545
>>332392013
>>
>>332385350
>>332385739
my experience with arkham knight
>enter a new part of the city
>counter says 50 enemy drones
>constant tedious tank fights whenever you need to do anything with the tank (aka at all times)

>enter another part of the city
>counter says 100 enemy drones
>quit game
>never play again
>>
File: Goodamnit Bootmen.gif (3 MB, 483x446) Image search: [Google]
Goodamnit Bootmen.gif
3 MB, 483x446
>>332385350
It doesn't add anything new to the table you haven't seen already, or can't guess what the outcome will be
That being said, if you spot it on sale, consider giving it a shot
>>
>>332392365
It's funny because it's true. On top of a superior Joker, Baker can also pull off countless different voices without sounding forced. Unlike Hamill, who can only do his natural speaking voice and Joker.
>>
>>332392759
Go home, Troy Baker. What are you even doing here?
>>
>>332392759
>Unlike Hamill, who can only do his natural speaking voice and Joker.

that's just factually wrong
>>
File: it's sleazy being green.png (156 KB, 474x353) Image search: [Google]
it's sleazy being green.png
156 KB, 474x353
>>332392689
>have bare minimum requirements for bam ham knight
>buy cheap as shit nvidia key off g2a back in august on the off-chance they fix the game
>after all the patches it still stutters like a motherfucker while traveling around the map, but is otherwise playable
>get origins with all dlc as compensation plus a bunch of tf2 cosmetics that went straight to the steam market the instant they became tradable

pretty sweet deal all in all

knight will probably be the first game i replay when i build a new rig
>>
>>332385739
>>332386625
I enjoyed Origins more than Knight, but it was not the batmobile that screwed Knight over.

It was
>No real attempts at having bossfights, thus lowering the intensity of the story
>really weak side missions and appearantly good ones locked away in DLC
>The identity of Arkham Knight was way too obvious
>The theme of the game is not paced in a good way The game is constantly telling you that you Batman is going to lose, yet you have a tank-batmobile, a cool new suit that beats enemies in Predator mode even easier and everyone is scared of you and you are constantly succeding. It's not until way later they give you the actual reasons for why you will lose (Batman gives in to fear of losing friends, but even that is fucked up because he always manages to save everyone in every other case...)

The lack of bossfights is probably what hurt the game the most imo. In Origins you end the game on such a high-note, first a brawl with Bane, then Predator-mode on Titan-Bane and then a nice beatdown on Joker. There should've been something spectacular at the end of Knight and it could've involved fear-gas - which literally gives the developers excuse to do almost everything. Instead we got story-segments.
>>
>>332391619
Fire Fly fight is not a chase in Origins. It's a pattern battle were you throw glue-grenades at him and then punch him. I liked it.
>>
>>332385426
>implying knight on pc wasn't made by the B team
>>
i don't really get the dislike for the batmobile

but then variety has always been what made the bam ham series playable for me. there's shallow fighting, stealth, puzzles, point & click, vehicle sections, but since they're constantly being mixed up i don't really get bored of any of it. honestly if these games were about any character other than batman i probably wouldn't give them the time of day

origins on the other hand has way, WAY too much shallow fighting and it just becomes a slog
>>
>>332385350
No, but it is the better game.
It is not as good as the batman sequences in AK, but it is as a whole better because it is not mixed with the god aweful batmobile sections.
>>
Origins is great, aside from bugs and performance issues. There are many references to the game in AK. Even a gadget from the evidence locker.
>>
>>332394948

More like C team, and with very scarce time. Rocksteady themselves have been fixing their mess with patches.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.