[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't they just sell out and make easy as fuck casual
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
Why don't they just sell out and make easy as fuck casual games for the masses? Something like Skyrim for example. They have better imagination and world design in terms of both aesthetic/atmosphere and layout than all the Western devs combined. They could be stinking fucking rich if they wanted.

Who cares about catering to some dumbass 'hardkoar' neckbeards. It just doesn't make sense from a business standpoint. Also isn't it nicer to have a game appealing to 15 million people rather than just 5 million? Not only are you making more money, you are actually also bringing more joy to world!

srs, it's dumb. If I was Miyazaki I'd go the casual route and have a ferrari in my driveway tomorrow. Everybody would be happier (apart from some weird unloved basement dwellers that is). Gamers, employees, shareholders; all you're doing is growing your business and making everybody better off for it. It's literally suicide not to do it and not a smart business move.
>>
im pretty hyped about what they will do next, they made themselves quite a name
>>
Because that would be casual
>>
>Why don't they just sell out and make easy as fuck casual games for the masses?
But they do that already anon!

But actually, miyazaki said that even during DeS development difficulty was never a focus, so I don't know what you are talking about. The only people that care are the retards and namco bandai and the retards that look at namco bandai's shitty advertising.
>>
>>332385336
But they already made that game, and it was awful in terms of imagination, world design and aesthetic/atmosphere. Half of enemies was straight from God of War, and other half from something like Lord of the Rings.
>>
>>332385694
Anon you wouldn't happen to know where I can find this interview? I've been looking for it for awhile now but I'm a shitter at searches.
>>
Someone didn't see the Monster Hunter game developed with them.
>>
>It just doesn't make sense from a business standpoint

It doesn't make sense from a business perspective to risk alienating your core audience attempting to grab an audience notorious for playing an extremely limited number of games. Souls is probably pretty cheap to make too.
>>
This is a bait thread
>>
>>332385336
You do realize the only reason why the Souls games got even a tiny bit popular in the first place was due to their "lol so hrdkor only 4 kool kidsz" image right?
>>
They should go back to just pumping out mech games.

I want my niche games back. They have to make up for ACE:R already.
>>
>its a fromdrone thinks Soulsshit is hardcore thread
>>
File: 4587854.jpg (89 KB, 468x350) Image search: [Google]
4587854.jpg
89 KB, 468x350
they the Michael Gora of vidya
>>
>>332385336
>it's a video games should be a business first thread
>>
>>332385336
>le souls games are difficult meme
>>
>>332385336

If you don't make what you want to make, then your art will never ring true. That is some basic shit mayne
>>
You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain
>>
>>332385336
>Why don't they just sell out and make easy as fuck casual games for the masses?
Bloodborne already exists.
>>
One day anon, one day.

All good studios will eventually sell out.
>>
I hope they make a tps
>>
They already make an easy game, it's called Dark Souls
>>
File: kot blini.jpg (177 KB, 1124x1024) Image search: [Google]
kot blini.jpg
177 KB, 1124x1024
>>332385336
>They could be stinking fucking rich if they wanted.

No they couldn't. They make great games with Souls but these games are still flawed. Such as with performance issues and reused assets. They are also a Japanese company. Nothing wrong with this necessarily. It's just that on average Japanese games don't do as well in the west anymore.

However by partnering up with certain developers/publishers I do think they can help to create even greater games that can break that ceiling for them.
>>
>>332385336

there was a mobile game before DaS3

the writing is on the wall. just wait a little while.
>>
File: ACVUCR.gif (1020 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
ACVUCR.gif
1020 KB, 450x300
>>332385336
>tfw From is just known as "that studio that makes dark souls" now
>>
>>332385440
A sci-fi JRPG under SCEJ is in currently in the works.
>>
>>332391442
I know right? Enchanted Arms deserves many more games!
>>
Because they have no idea how to program a game properly. Remember those bugs in DaS that made the game artificially difficult?
>>
>>332385336
Look up From Soft. They don't give a fuck about normies and have made no attempts to grow. They are just 90s programmers that got tired of making office software and started making shit they liked. I hope this design ethos doesn't change.
>>
>>332391587
>They are just 90s programmers that got tired of making office software and started making shit they liked. I hope this design ethos doesn't change.

You mostly make cheap knock offs of other people shit. Any time they produce something even remotely successful they run it into the ground with quickly produced rehashes.

And you applaud this shit?
>>
>>332391884
Make easy shit for dosh well throwing out an occasional cookies and cream, metal wolf chaos, or demon souls. Cash in when they get a chance before returning to the shit they love. Of course I do anon.
>>
>>332385336
>casual
>Skyrim
>aesthetic/atmosphere
>hardkoar
>neckbeards
>srs

what a terrible read that was
>>
>>332385336
0/10
>>
>>332392047
>Cash in when they get a chance before returning to the shit they love.

What they love is rehashing Armored Core for the billionth time. Seriously, they made more than one a year for fifteen years.

Five Souls games in 6 years?

No, fuck off with that "From are the best devs and only make the best games as a labor of passion because they care" crap. Half their library is rehashes, the other half is crappy knock offs.
>>
OP, success isn't only measured by how much money they make with their product. They made something that they enjoyed and gathered a still significant fanbase to allow them to keep making things they enjoy. The people working at FS probably enjoy their job a lot more creating things they like instead of just trying to make a quick cash grab.
>>
>>332392448
I never said they made the best games. They make trash, but the trash I like. I don't want them to change like op does. If he wants Bethesda games he should buy Bethesda games, not hope From becomes Bethesda. I like Armored Core and Souls, I hope they make more.
>>
>>332391498
nice, already hyped
>>
>>332392448
I'd take From Soft's goofy library any day over Bethesda's.
>>
>>332391385
>there was a mobile game before DaS3
"slashy souls" had nothing to do with From
>>
>>332392535
>OP, success isn't only measured by how much money they make with their product.
That's just something poor people say.
>implying the best things in life are free
>>
>>332388219
Bloodborne is the hardest of all the Spuls games, even if you gimp yourself and don't use magic and snipping in DaS and DeS
>>
File: 1436055164206.jpg (49 KB, 283x323) Image search: [Google]
1436055164206.jpg
49 KB, 283x323
FS has been making experimental / off kilter games for decades, they seem to do what they want, and are still in business despite their bizarre library, why would they sell out now that they are making money from one of their franchises?

I mean if anything you could argue that them only making souls games now is selling out anyway, and besides, souls games aren't hard, just unforgiving, its probably one of their easiest titles, so it already is kinda casual right? At the very least souls games are the most accessible and least esoteric game they have made
>>
>>332392763

You said they makes the games they want to. I doubt anyone but the management at From wanted to make an Armored Core game a year for more than a decade.

Reminds me of when people were shitting on Bamco for "forcing" From to rush out the Dark Souls games so fast. Rushing out sequels quickly is From's MO. Seriously, go look at their history, almost every time they release a sequel it within a year of the previous entry.

This is what they do, shit out stuff quickly. The idea that this is a passionate company is ludicrous. They like money but they don't like to spend a lot to get it. That is From.
>>
They already did. Stuff like Ninja Blade and that Monster Hunter spin-off for example
>>
>>332391498
From doesn't make JRPGs you dumb fuck
>>
>>332393559
Armored Core isn't pure sequels tho.

Most of the titles are expansion packs.
>>
>>332393589
They are now :^)

A dude on NeoFAG with a perfect track record calling Sony-related shit broke this one a while ago, don't you remember all the threads about it? Sony were pleased with how well Bloodborne did, so they subsequently commissioned From for two new PS4 exclusives to be developed under SCEJ. One of which is a sci-fi, pseudo open-world "traditional" JRPG, while the other is unknown at this stage. They're also confirmed to be working on a VR project at some stage with Sony, but it's unknown whether or not it's involved with the other two.
>>
>>332393635
>Most of the titles are expansion packs.

Expansion packs sold as full price games.
>>
because the "it's so difficult! get gud xD" meme is a big part of why they're so successful
>>
>>332393774
>One of which is a sci-fi, pseudo open-world "traditional" JRPG
Too bad. JRPG is fucking trash. Hope the other one is good.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.