[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon Series
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 245
Thread images: 40
File: sunmoon.jpg (59 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
sunmoon.jpg
59 KB, 1200x675
So what innovations are you hoping to see Gamefreak implement for Sun & Moon?

>game clock returns from gen II

>pokemon get angry and stop following orders if ignored long enough

>better 3-D models that don't hog the system down
>>
File: SM.jpg (53 KB, 1200x635) Image search: [Google]
SM.jpg
53 KB, 1200x635
is that a snorlax inside that truck
>>
File: courtyard.jpg (48 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
courtyard.jpg
48 KB, 600x300
>>
>>332384540
>Generation II is on very similar hardware to Generation I and is not only better but the best generation at the time of its release.
>Generation V is on the same hardeare as Generation IV and is not only better but the best generation even now.

I have pretty high expectations.
>>
>>332384540
All I want is hard mode option from the very start.
>>
>>332384540
The ones that they'll remove in gen 8.
>>
>>332385130
wat but that's years away at best?
>>
>>332384709
> RED in the concept art
if its a fucking RED and BLUE sequal.....
>>
>>332384540
April the 3rd!
>>
File: 1456924262173.png (12 KB, 477x539) Image search: [Google]
1456924262173.png
12 KB, 477x539
>PC port
>abandon nincucks
>>
File: season18_ep05_ss3[1].jpg (153 KB, 578x327) Image search: [Google]
season18_ep05_ss3[1].jpg
153 KB, 578x327
>>332384540
I want Pokemon racing.

It was always a thing in the anime. And Serena is supposed to be a Rhyhorn racer. I think it would be awesome to ride Pokemon like Rapidash to compete in races.
>>
File: hIE1458953006.jpg (109 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
hIE1458953006.jpg
109 KB, 1024x1365
>A way to improve a Pokemon IV in-game
>Don't fuck up breeding now that is easy as fuck
That's all I ask for really, that would also stop people from cheating legendariessince soft reseting from everything but correct nature is one hell of a ride that can last weeks, because really breeding is easy, if they make it even easier so it be they seems to want to expande the competitive audience even further.

Also give me a Bug/Ice or Bug/Water (that's doesn't evolve into other type)

Also bring back Challenge/Hard mode for people that want more of a challenge in-game BW2 was legit challenging with this the more you advanced in the game
>>
>>332384624
>blastoise on the back of a fire truck
I LOVE it.
>>
>>332386373
Just replace the Bike with this and I'll be happy, specially since I got a legit perfect shiny Rapidash when breeding this gen and it looks fucking awesome
>>
>>332385046

Pretty much this, I want the game to actually be a little challenging
>>
A few things that would make me want to buy it

-walking pokemon like hg/ss
-good cross gen evos/branching evos
-12 pokemon limit, learn up to 8 moves
-you're just a kid seeking out adventure in a comfy memorable place sort of like the first 2 gens, not a medium to experience some shitty on-rails story that detract from your feeling of freedom
-little to no focus on mega evolutions
>>
File: challenge mode.png (145 KB, 787x889) Image search: [Google]
challenge mode.png
145 KB, 787x889
>>332386385
whoops, wrong pic
>>
File: 1365169625449.gif (2 MB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
1365169625449.gif
2 MB, 320x200
>>332386498
>-12 pokemon limit, learn up to 8 moves
>-you're just a kid seeking out adventure in a comfy memorable place sort of like the first 2 gens, not a medium to experience some shitty on-rails story that detract from your feeling of freedom
>-little to no focus on mega evolutions
>>
>>332384540
>>pokemon get angry and stop following orders if ignored long enough
this was never really a thing.
>>
>>332384540
>pokemon get angry and stop following orders if ignored long enough
Dunno about this but I'd love for the series to shift in focus more to taking care of your Pokemon, since "training" is basically just grinding and grinding is completely unnecessary nowadays. Amie was a step in the right direction, I'd just like to see them add more depth to it and make individual Pokemon of the same species feel unique. I like the flavor text Amie adds and the bonuses are neat if not insanely overpowered.

Ideally they would mix Amie and walking Pokemon but lolgamefreak.
>>
HM effects become hotkeyable items. The moves stay as moves.
>>
>removal of IVs
>night/day system
>more expedited EV training at endgame
>more expedited breeding/hatching
>quicker way to blank select EVs than pumping 10 berries
>move trainers to even the scales for people not using the pokebank shit
>easier access to hidden/third abilities

Essentially, I need them to rip all the mundane, pointless busy work shit out of the endgame. I already played your game and beat it, now I'd like to keep playing it; so don't shove a bunch of grunt work hurdles in my way for, effectively, no reason.

As far as innovations go:
>more variant models for pokemon depending on region
>>
>>332384540

Delete Megas
>>
Also add more animations, a poisoned Pokemon thata ctually looks poisoned, a sleep Pokemon that actually falls asleep and attack that actually looks like one not just the model moving left and right, it's like the only attack they did right was Brave Bird, fucking Aeroblast looks medicre and space bending attacks looks like wow fcking nothing
>>332386778
>>332386637

This woudl be the perfect excuse to add a "ranch" or an area where your boxed Pokemon are that you can upgrade

So boxed Pokemon actually won't follow your orders fully, but a fully upgraded area would keep them at a level where they would, just do add post-game content and some customization to the game, not enough happines to evolve stuff liek Espeon or Lucario maybe, but easier

And maybe overhaul some stats to make Pokemon forgotten by time more relevant, like that poor bastard of Ledian and even Jynx
>>
>Day Night system
If the Game Boy could do it etc etc
>>
>>332384540

Open world battles, not the circle - circle shit. This is no a gameboy no more
>>
>>332387273
Pretty much this. I'm sure it's not a popular opinion but the combat system needs a change.
>>
>>332386553
Are you laughing at the notions or what?
>>
Post-game that's worth a damn.

But after X/Y i'm probably never buying a pokemon game again unless this one is fucking 10/10 amazing.
>>
>>332386385
While we're at it, a Bug/Dragon too.
>>
>>332387739
Same. I bought ORAS but didn't play through the whole thing. I just couldn't be bothered.

I've been enjoying Blue and Yellow though. Shit's beyond broken.
>>
Im expecting nothing, just another blue/red remake
>>
File: 1459142499985.jpg (72 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1459142499985.jpg
72 KB, 400x400
>>332384540
>innovations
Anon, this is GF.
>>
>>332388091
If you're saying that every game is exactly the same as red/blue, you're fucking retarded.

That's like saying Street Fighter 5 is the same as Street Fighter 2. There are some very basic similarities, but they are two very different games.
>>
>>332386854
I'm not one for pokemon knock offs but this right here kept my playing Zeta for awhile. LET'S MAKE A GAME ABOUT THE FREEDOM TO TRAIN ANY OF 90000 POKEMON, oh also let's make sure you have to have one with wings for fly and an hm slave for the rest
>>
>>332388291
Im saying they are all pretty much red/blue reskins

DO SOMETHING NEW ALREADY FUCK
TAKE A LOOK AT DQM
IF I HAVE TO GET 8 MEDALS ONE MORE TIME I SWEAR TO GOD
>>
>>332387430
If he isn't. I am
>>
>>332388291
>That's like saying Street Fighter 5 is the same as Street Fighter 2.

Yes. And?
>>
>>332387121
>This woudl be the perfect excuse to add a "ranch" or an area where your boxed Pokemon are that you can upgrade
This is all I want. Even if it's just for flavor, even if there's no real mechanical advantage to keeping your Pokemon on a ranch instead of just stuffing them in the box, even if it's just a daycare that doesn't level up your Pokemon that can hold way more Pokemon, I'd just love to have a place where it feels like my Pokemon are at least doing something instead of rotting away in the computer.
>>
>>332384540
Something like that sweet pokemon walker, but you upload it to your phone.

Alternatively, you can use play coins for other shit like that.
>>
>>332388350
Again, I feel like Street Fighter is an apt comparison.

>DO SOMETHING NEW ALREADY FUCK
>IF I HAVE TO DO ARCADE MODE ONE MORE TIME I SWEAR TO GOD
>>
Tbh, I'd like a huge overhaul on the evolution system. Like, I can see my Charmeleon start growing wings.
>>
>>332388413
It shows that you have no idea what you're talking about. No understanding of game mechanics beyond the most superficial level.
>>
>>332388450
Nah
Fighting games have an excuse because you cannot change the basics at all
JRPG though?
Its like FF15 still was about reviving 4 crystals, had the exact same battle system, the exact same exploration etc

When fucking Dragon Quest is more innovative than you you know you are stale
>>
>>332388538
Except DQM is a spinoff and DQ11 looks like it plays the same as DQ1
>>
>>332388291

All games follow the Ruby/Sapphire esqueme. Which is a slight modification of 2nd gen.

>8 Medals
>2 angry mons
>1 arbiter mon
>3minor legendaries
>3 minor secret legendaries

+ All same type of pokemon added, from the 2 initial bugs to the semilegendary dragon

That wont be a thing if they had change the message or had expanded the pokemon world further the battles not only in minigames. But they just dont
>>
>>332388595
Why does it matter if its a spinoff?
DQM is a monster collecting game like pokemon
The first games in the series had a little kid travel to another world and compete in tournaments
The latest games have innovated in many ways you can now ride all monsters and its actually deeply ingrained in the exploration, no more random encounters and monsters behave realistically in the overworld reacting to you and to what you are riding
Monsters actually even hunt each other in the overworld
And the plot is different every time

And if you think DQ11 plays anything like 1 you are just ignorant.
>>
>>332388538
If you want something new from Pokemon, there are plenty of games in the series that stray from the formula of the main games, you know.

The reason they keep that same basic plot setup with slight variations for the main games is because a lot of people enjoy it, and it sells.
>>
>>332388829
>implying spinoffs matter
>>
>>332388868
>I want something different!
>but the things that are different don't count, though
>>
>>332388829
I want something new from the main pokemon games
I dont want another shit story abuout a silly evil organization that amounts to nothing, collect 8 medals, defeat the elite 4 and explore soulless towns with no story

Fucking DQ3 gave towns their own story arc
Pokemon is not even fucking trying
>>
>>332388926
>Pokemon is not even fucking trying
It doesn't need to because people gobble it up.
>>
>>332388923
>those different things are so unlike the base thing they might as well not be that thing
>but they still count because I said so
>>
>>332388223
but i've never had a gf before
>>
>>332388975
And thats fine.
But its also fine for me to say it how it is online.
But again even series like FF or DQ, those are series that people also gobble up.
And the developers still change stuff around
Pokemon is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too safe
>>
R E M O V E I V
>>
File: 1361746842531.gif (874 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1361746842531.gif
874 KB, 500x281
I hope Amie isn't removed, though I haven't heard of a single person that uses it.
>tfw when got my entire team to 5 hearts
that shit takes a long time, but I get attached to my Pokemon and they're really the only reason to play the game because there isn't much appeal to anything else. But a hard mode would be cool too. Wouldn't mind a more interesting story either.
>>
>>332389115
I'd love it if they add stuff to Amie and actually BUILD ON SOMETHING YOU INTRODUCE IN THE NEXT GAME INSTEAD OF JUST DROPPING IT ENTIRELY GAMEFREAK YOU FUCKS
>>
File: 1401511389884.gif (672 KB, 197x156) Image search: [Google]
1401511389884.gif
672 KB, 197x156
>>332389115
Of my 900 hours in Y, more than a few were devoted to amie.
That shit is too cute even if shallow and I'd love to see it developed even more.
Shame that this being GF it won't happen and likely will be dropped along with customization and soaring.
>>
>>332384624
I'd tell you if the picture weren't blurry as fuck.
>>
>>332389115
They should revamp it and make it more interesting and useful, integrate it more into the gameplay.
But this is GF so they will probably swap it with something similar but slightly worse
>>
>>332388926
>Pokemon is not even fucking trying
They tried with Gen 5 and people hated it because MUH GEN1-2
Now they made breeding easier so you can jump online and people still bitch

Then there's also people that hate too much content because they just want to jump into breeding out of the box

I agree that the series needs changes

Bringing back Challenge mode would be the best thing for people that want to have single player content that is hard

Gyms that limit you into certain amount of Pokemon would also be good
maybe a stamina mode for single player that limist you in using one Pokemon over and over again, that recharges with each battle you don't use it. So long caves and team hideouts feel like an actual threat

And for fucks sake optional items that replace HM's or make it related to Pokemon themselves not moves. Like any fighting/big/whatever Pokemon can move boulders or break them

Any water Pokemon can surf and dive, or have diving suits and Pokemon just make you for faster, dunno

etc
>>
File: img000013.png (196 KB, 801x1150) Image search: [Google]
img000013.png
196 KB, 801x1150
>>332384540
>So what innovations are you hoping to see Gamefreak implement for Sun & Moon?
Henshins
>>
>>332390160
No.
>>
Following Pokemon was shallow and underdeveloped but it's something that I think GF should really start to focus more on now that the technology can allow it, and that's Pokemon actually showing up more in the overworld. Maybe it's just me but for a long time it's felt like Pokemon really only existed in battle while the trainers existed more in the overworld, and the idea of Pokemon actually out and about in the wild doing things was more of an abstract concept that the game has to tell you about through the Dex instead of letting you actually see them existing in the overworld. We've been going in a nice direction with the addition of the DexNav, Pokemon actually showing up as ambient elements in the background, and riding Pokemon and soaring but I think they can continue to take it even further. They've got these amazing fantastical creatures that are full of potential for this kind of shit, they just need to actually put work into the game and make it happen instead of being the lazy fucks they are.
>>
>>332390083
>They tried with Gen 5 and people hated it because MUH GEN1-2

Really? Fuck the fans then I guess, gen 5 is the one I skipped.
I did put 300 hours in X but only because I was completing the pokedex, I felt empty when I was done so unless pokemon makes some changes I wont be getting any future games.

>Then there's also people that hate too much content because they just want to jump into breeding out of the box

Easy solution, remove IVs. Now even your starter pokemon can be competitive and you dont have to trash it once you beat the E4!
You have good ideas, gyms should totally have special rules.
And fuck HMs indeed I had forgotten about those, they need to make progress feel more organic and natural instead of HM based which is basically "Here is the key to the next area", make the pokemon world seem like a real dynamic world holy shit.
>>
>>332390238
Well for once you actually have both teams working in moon/Sun and not just team A working in a new gen while team B worked in the remake/third version
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 390x390) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 390x390
>>332390238
What do you mean lazy?
>>
>>332390219
yes
>>
Remove HMs, just give those abilities as passive traits where applicable. It makes no sense that flying pokemon can't fly until you shove a cdrom into their stupid face. Same with water and swimming.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 256x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 256x384
>>332386373 #
Never forget.

I could see this being a thing since they started experimenting with ridable Pokémon in Generation VI. They might as well add back the lead Pokémon following you around on the overworld as well.
>>
>>332390456
There's a difference between henshin and fusion.
The first is awesome and the second is rarely not shit.
>>
>>332390350
>gen 5 is the one I skipped.
gen 5 is worth going through

BW because it actually only focus in new Pokemon so people were forced to try new things, and nostalgia fags hated that and bitched, hence BW2 is like X/Y where there's new and old Pokemon from the start

If you can find a emulator for BW2 with challenge mode unlocked (yes you had to unlock it in the most retarded way possible ever concieved) it's by any means worth a shot, you won't notice that much of a challenge except for bigger teams at the start but then you have a E4 that actually uses bullshit against you and online-kind of teams and hold items everywhere

XY biggest sin was to reveal everything but 7 new Pokemon before release and ORAS dropped the ball ahrd by revealing every single new Mega and post game storyline and no surprises at all

Just hope they actually keep most stuff secret, just reveal the starters and box legendaries, and some random Pokemon and that's it
>>
>>332390238
This is exactly what DQM is doing.
It didnt just put monsters in the overworld, it makes them feel alive because they behave in unique ways even interact with each other, and its different if its day or night.
Pokemon needs to copy that
>>
>>332390676
Hoe many diferent unique Monsters that games has?

Compare that to Pokemon, yes they need to work in Pokemon animations, speciallt attacks, but man there's 700+ unique Pokemon some are similar yes , but it is still a gigantic challenge, maybe if they have a side team working on that and add little by litlle by updating the game over the years
>>
>>332390592
screw that burst manga, just make every pokemon trainer a super hero based on pokemons he collected. make up some lore. every kid is now teenager
and we got a deal
it's time for pokemon grow up to toku stage
https://youtu.be/bpNkYp-b54k
>>
>>332390863
I think they are up to 600 monsters, with around 70 recolors. And they all get unique different animations in battle and in the overworld
>>
>>332390642
>the final starter evolutions
>Hawlucha
>Barbaracle
>Florges
>Zygarde

Is this correct? My memory is foggy, and I'm assuming that the three event Pokémon aren't counted here.
>>
>>332390238
Let me add that this is also the reason why I always loved Pokemon Snap so much. Because you get to see the Pokemon actually going about their lives as wild creatures and the gameplay centers around capturing that activity. Not because taking pictures is particularly interesting on its own, but because what you're taking pictures of is interesting.

>>332390676
I don't play DQ games but I'll check it out since that sounds exactly like what I want Pokemon to do. Obviously they'd have to take their time with it since there's a massive amount of Pokemon that just keeps growing but I wouldn't mind as long as they treat new entries in the series like bigger better versions of the last games instead of using their bullshit "region-specific" excuse for not carrying popular features into new games.
>>
>>332390863
They never have all 700 pokemon in one region anyway, and to be honest, it's a problem they created themselves. Instead of going for quality, they went for quantity, which bites them in the ass hard as more time passes.
>>
>>332390951
Also I think Clawitzer, Dragalge Goodra and Aegislash
>>
File: PkmnTrainer-Essentia(Emma).png (110 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
PkmnTrainer-Essentia(Emma).png
110 KB, 400x240
>>332390925
As of gen 5 the trainers were teens and in xy are at least 17, and Emma was already doing something like that.
>>
>>332388350
Dragon Quest Monsters is pretty amazing at changing things with every game

>DQM
>randomly generated warp zones

>DQM2
>zones unlocked by keys
>each main zone is its own mini world, complete with map, towns, dungeons, and story
>has a shitton of extra keys to unlock areas with random loot and monsters

>DQM3
>never came to the west so im not sure what changes it made

>DQMJ
>full 3D world
>monsters appear in the world
>completely revamped skill system

>DQMJ2
>monster are now split into 3 groups: small, medium, and large
>medium monsters take up 2 party slots, large take up all 3

>DQM1+2 remakes
>party size increased by 1, meaning you can have 4 small monsters, 2 medium sized monsters, or 1 large and 1 small monster

>DQMJ3
>can ride every monster in the game
>depending on the monster you ride it can do different things(travel faster, fly, etc)
>>
>>332391012
If trainer customization is one of these "region-specific" features I will be extremely pissed off. I recall hearing it used as an excuse for its absence in ORAS (rather than the obvious "historical accuracy," which would be perfectly acceptable).
>>
>>332391125
Joker 3 also changed the setting by a lot and there is a ton of science fiction
>>
File: 2sharp_zpsovwbq5j8.png (98 KB, 384x568) Image search: [Google]
2sharp_zpsovwbq5j8.png
98 KB, 384x568
>>332391097
>>332390925
>>
File: blacksun.jpg (1 MB, 2381x3580) Image search: [Google]
blacksun.jpg
1 MB, 2381x3580
>>332391097
huh, serves me right never finishing playing Y then, never got to that point.
I really wish they'd shake things up in major way
>>
>>332391125
Also in J3 you can make any monster into any size.
>>
>>332391087
Yeah, I now recall all four of them being left a secret, so either I or the anon I responded to messed up somewhere. Regardless, they have a strong point: excluding Zygarde (and Hawlucha if he was indeed one of them), each of those Pokémon were part of an already-revealed evolution line.

I think a big part of the reason that such a large percent of the Pokémon were revealed pre-release is that there were only 69 of them (again, excluding the event Legendaries). If a larger number of new Pokémon are added this time then I can see there being more surprises. They may want to stick to a smaller amount again, however, to improve their overall quality and/or reach their deadline.
>>
>>332391097
The only good part of X/Y
>>
>>332391163
>"region-specific" features

What is that?
>>
File: i-just-dont-know-anymore.png (36 KB, 872x625) Image search: [Google]
i-just-dont-know-anymore.png
36 KB, 872x625
>have battle frontier
>Keep customization
>not be casual as shit

that's all I ask
>>
File: z4qZdzi.jpg (46 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
z4qZdzi.jpg
46 KB, 550x535
Dating/waifu mechanics
>>
File: 5D0xoh5.png (852 KB, 1694x1306) Image search: [Google]
5D0xoh5.png
852 KB, 1694x1306
>>332390925
>>332391097
>>332391195
>>332391224
/vp/'s game has a rider as their region champion, pic related
>>
Well at least there's not retard asking for a MMO in this thread
>>
File: 2tsatsuf150.png (12 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
2tsatsuf150.png
12 KB, 300x300
>>332391863
>we need an idea of mask
>let's just make big pokeball
it's not a hero, it's a monster from shitty sentai
/vp/ is shit
>>
They cant do much because at its core pokemon really is nothign more than cockfighting and if it was real Id fuckign hate trainers.
Digimons have the excuse that they need to kill each other to evolve or that they are defending themselves from evil digimon and they do power up from having a human partner
Dragon quest monsters same thing there is an evil monster you have to defeat to save the world and other monsters are trying to kill you

Pokemon? You are enslaving innocent creatures that would be much happier left alone in the wild
>>
>>332391985
The kids are asleep.
>>
File: laughingsquidgirls.png (925 KB, 1296x1186) Image search: [Google]
laughingsquidgirls.png
925 KB, 1296x1186
>>332384916
>Gen V
>best
>having such shit taste
>>
>>332392051
But you're feeding them steroids so that they become more proficient at murdering their fellow beasts
Surely they love you
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 512x384
>>332391706
They are features that are only available in one generation and/or region. For example, Pokémon Black and White (along with their sequels) added seasons to the series. Each month would bring a different season (January=Spring, February=Summer, July=Autumn, etc.). In Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire, the mechanic was absent.

I remember a tidbit from one of the developers that was about the relationship between fashion and France, and how it led to the addition of trainer customization to X and Y. This could be taken as trainer customization being a special thing exclusive to Kalos. I know it's a stretch, but I am a bit worried.
>>
>>332391706

Follower pokemon
Jhoto awesome pokeballs
Poke contests
Pokéball flash customization
etc etc ....

That kind of stuff
>>
>>332392337
Forgot to mention the way they join you.
Pokeballs are fucking brainwashing machines, they are fighting you to death, you put them in a ball let them out and they are your eternal slaves

How is pokemon moral in any way shape or form

This is why they cant make it serious and have to keep it for 10yo and down
>>
>>332392051
>Pokemon? You are enslaving innocent creatures that would be much happier left alone in the wild
And that's why pokemon won out.
And it's not like pokemon and humans have a symbiotic relationship with one another spanning millenia
>>
File: 1451775667505.jpg (49 KB, 499x406) Image search: [Google]
1451775667505.jpg
49 KB, 499x406
>>332391985
I want something like seamless multiplayer. Where other players randomly just join your world or vice versa. Like PSS but you physically see them.
>>
>>332386898

Pretty much all of this plus:

>Trainer Customization
>Secret Bases
>Battle Frontier
>Maybe some of the old touchscreen functions from D/P/P... I actually kinda liked the Poketch

That is literally all I would give a shit about.

But unfortunately, this is Gamefreak... and they literally would not have a game with all of those things together in the same game.
>>
>>332392051
>be a free pokemon
>be on constant fear of being eaten by other pokemon
>never have a meal secured nor a place to live

>caught pokemon
>never worry for a place to chill
>never worry about being eaten
>get loved amd amied
>you get to beat the crap out of weaker pokemon for fun
Sounds like a pretty sweet deal for losing your freedom
>>
>>332392567
They do but it did not involve capturing them and make them fight for your entertainment.
>>
>>332392051
fuck off N
>>
>>332392627
Better wild and free than a brainwashed killing machine
>>
>>332392564
>Pokeballs are fucking brainwashing machines
Which is why the friendship stat is a thing and they never joined with humans since before pokeballs were even invented.
Pokemon like being used to battle.

>>332392636
It did, it is a safe way for them to get stronger.
>>
>>332392695
This is come headcannon bullshit.
>>
Who the fuck invited a shitty PETA member to this conversation?
>>
>>332392627
>get sent to a PC and then forgotten
>forced to participate in cockfighting to amuse humans
>>
>>332392738
It's not, look at xy. There is a room for pokemon to await their time for battle in parfume palace..
The Sinnoh tales also note that pokemon have been appearing and joining with humans for a long time.
>>
>>332386898
What's the point of breeding if there are no IVs? Getting the right nature is really easy anyway if you don't care about IVs. I guess masuda method if you care about shinies but I really don't think they should make getting shinies any easier than it already is.
>>
>>332392783
Not a PETA member
Im just saying its really stupid and impossible to take seriously
>>
File: 1459242615454.png (471 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
1459242615454.png
471 KB, 1440x2560
pokemon go looks good so far
>>
File: 1447902616498.jpg (69 KB, 520x678) Image search: [Google]
1447902616498.jpg
69 KB, 520x678
Only thing I want is a balanced campaign (bring back EXP scaling ffs), HMs replaced or only the outside battle effects teachable, IVs removed, and Trainer customization. Other than these, I hope they surprise us.

Surprise us in a good way that is...
>>
File: N.(Pokémon).full.330670.jpg (232 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
N.(Pokémon).full.330670.jpg
232 KB, 1280x1024
Are you niggers seriously reheating a shitty topic that was handled by the games 6 years ago?
>>332392875
it's impossible to take you seriously as well
>>
>pogemon
>innovation

>>>/vp/
>>
>>332392851
Having to sit there and grind and breed for hours upon hours just to get ONE Pokemon is stupid.
>>
>>332392903
It really doesn't.
Fucking mobage got customization back before a new game, fuck
>>
>>332392928
Of course the games gave some stupid reason.
Doesnt invalidate any of this
>>332392564
>>
Have it be like Black and White and only have the new Pokemon available until the late game.
>>
>>332392943
>hours upon hours just to get ONE Pokemon
It takes like 30 minutes for one.
What are you doing?
>>
>>332392905
Oh, and how can I forget. They need to hire some fucking writers. I swear shitty fanfics by middle school kids is better written than the shit they come up with.
>>
>>332392905
>EXP scaling

Mother of god fucking no.

That shit slowed the Gen 5 games to a fucking crawl if you were underleveled and made them boring as shit.
>>
>>332392981
you can buy clothes and gems iAP
>>
>>332393016
The fact pokeballs don't brainwash and pokemon have been partners to humans for thousands of years does though.
>>
>>332393053
The story is supposed to be easy enough to be understood by 7 year old kids
>>
>>332393045

Talking about shinies that are actually not shit.
Heaven forbid that someone actually likes the alternate color scheme of something better.
>>
Pokemon is pure trash
I cant believe how popular it got

Even digimon was better
>>
>>332392564
>they are fighting you to death,
no they're not? when have you ever died in pokemon? Also, wild pokemon attack YOU, not the other way around.

You're truly an imbecile.
>>
>>332392184
Nigga, it was better than the trash that was gen IV.
>>
>>332384540
>>game clock returns from gen II

Doesn't every game since gen4 have that?

That's stupid.

>>better 3-D models that don't hog the system down

That's impossible.
>>
>>332393053
Better yet, do story like EO.

>>332393168
That's really your own fault though.
I gave up shiny breeding after 12 hours of breeding mawile
>>
>>332393168
Personally I think that shinies shouldn't be just an alternate color pattern that you get if you prefer it over the original. I like the fact that they're still at least somewhat rare.
>>
File: 1452815389801.png (66 KB, 500x429) Image search: [Google]
1452815389801.png
66 KB, 500x429
>>332393056
What game did you play? I never had trouble in Gen V, never had to grind.

Are you the type that enjoys being 5-10 levels higher than your opponents and OHKOs everything?

>>332393115
That only applied to Gen IV and under. After Gen V you can tell they're trying to make a story, it just isn't very good.
>>
>>332393214
Wild pokemon dont attack you they just appear.
You attack them by unleashing your brainwashed mon
upon them
>>
>>332393168
A shiny is supposed to be extremely fucking rare, like an actual albino out in nature, not just some alternate color pallete for you to choose whenever you want. Acting like not being able to get a hexaperfect shiny in 30 minutes is somehow a flaw is completely fucking retarded, and so are you.
>>
>>332393361
And what to they do after they appear? Think hard about this.
>>
File: 1459122911145.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459122911145.png
2 MB, 1280x720
>he grinds in pokemon
>>
>>332393296
>Are you the type that enjoys being 5-10 levels higher than your opponents and OHKOs everything?
Nothing says master trainer more than breezing through the elite 4 on first try
>>
>>332393361
>your brainwashed mon
Repeating a statement doesn't make it true.
A pokemon that's too high level will disobey your orders.
>>
File: 1906822.jpg (223 KB, 899x889) Image search: [Google]
1906822.jpg
223 KB, 899x889
>We'll never get to walk with our Pokemon ever again
>>
>>332393418
Theyd walk away if you dint unleash your mon
>>
>>332393404

Don't care. Fuck nature. If I want a fucking purple-ass Hawlucha because it's in the game, I shouldn't have to spend a fucking week to finally get it.
>>
>>332393472
Can they run away?
Slaves.
>>
>>332393551
You are the one that has to run away.
>>
>>332384540
I'd like to see some sort of training facility available at the latest after one has 4 badges. Like it will send out a randomized trainer with 2-4 pokemon leveled close to your highest level one.
>>
>>332393606
In universe? Yes.
In game? No because that would be annoying for the player,
>>
>>332393551
They don't, as seen in the safari zone.
And even if you don't attack (just use items, switch mons etc), they will attack you for no reason.
>>
>>332393615
Have you never played in a safari zone?
They just leave you alone man, they are probably terrified of humans making them their slaves
>>
File: puhrease understandu.png (136 KB, 1280x410) Image search: [Google]
puhrease understandu.png
136 KB, 1280x410
literally all i want is for them not to be rushed, casualized, gen 1 pandering garbage like XY and ORAS if you remove the gen 1 pandering shit
>>
>>332392564
PETA pls go
>>
>>332393685
If they were terrified they wouldn't let me throw stones and balls on them until they get bored.
>>
>>332393685
If they'd be afraid of humans, they wouldn't appear in front of them in the first place.
>>
>>332393296

No, pretty much the opposite problem: Getting to the Elite Four with Pokemon barely getting to level 40, scraping by them, and then being assaulted by Ghetsis and level 50 Pokemon.
>>
>>332393831
You are sneaking up to them
GOTTA CATCH THEM ALL
>>
>>332393864
you're not, you're just walking (or even cycling on a fucking bike) through grass until they jump on you.
>>
Jesus christ, can we all just call this PETA poster a fag and move along and stop replying to him? Fucking shit, you're all ruining the topic.
>>
>>332384540

BECOME A GYM LEADER
PLEASE
JUST BUILD A PROPER GYM (not a shitty base)

Place puzzles. Place trainers and give them pokemon. Put it online and let people challange you. Bonuspoints for having a type theme.
>>
>>332393864
You are more likely to find pokemon if you RUN through the grass.
>>
I stopped playing pokemon after silver
Is there a game where my lead pokemon walks alongside the trainer? That would be neat
>>
>>332393941
Im just saying dude
And its discussion, its not like there is anything else to talk about.
We know nothing of the new games
>>
>>332393960
>the return of a proper double battle gym leader
>the possibility of a dark gym
Literally would never happen
>>
>>332393941
Nah he's right Pokemon is pretty retarded
>>
>>332394010
HeartGold and SoulSilver.
Literally the only games that do it.
Why this didn't become a feature is beyond me.
>>
>>332394010
SoulSilver and HeartGold
>>
>>332394094
maybe because it was fucking useless
>>
>>332394071
>Dark Gym
>Puzzle is all about not being able to see and shit
>Getting the badge lets you use Flash outside of battle
>>
>>332394094
Because it's useless as fuck and doesn't add anything. typical gamefreak half-assed shit.
>>
>>332384540
I just want the arstyle in the overworld to lack such ugly jagged edges and look pretty. X and Y looked like shit.
>>
>>332394119
>>332394162
>WAAAH, WHY ARE PEOPLE HAVING FUN AND LIKING THINGS I DON'T LIKE?
>>
>>332394119
Pokemon is all about the fluff since the base game is stupid simple and easy
Barel anyone plays the series for the gameplay, they play it to collect mans and customize shit
>>
>>332394219
>WAAH, WHY DIDN'T YOU ANSWER A QUESTION IN A WAY THAT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE A DUMBASS? YOU HURT MY FEELINGS
>>
>>332394219
who are you quoting?
none of those two posts implied this
>>
Is it true GO has no battles?
>>
>>332394150
Better yet
>dark gym
>puzzle is a tangled mess of back street allies
>gym leader is a rough looking motherfucker
>his signature is Scafty
>The alleyways loop and go lost woods on you
>gym TM is sucker punch
>HM is Fly
>>
A sense of exploration.
Higher difficulty somehow.
Less handholding.
Fuck off with the dumb story.
Lots of background incidental lore.
Lots of legendaries to catch.
Old ruins and sh it like the ruins of alph.
A less shitty artystyle. No extremely SD characters.

Stop competing with mobile games you stupid fuckers now that Nintendo and Pokemon have literal mobile games and even pay to play games
>>
>>332394119
>>332394162

Its to get the player into the world. The same as poke-amie or the fucking sprites instead of grey boxes.
>>
>>332393243
>V gen
>Better anything
Enjoy your ice cream and garbage pokemons + weather teams
>>
>>332394415
Except pokemon-amie is better in every way
starting by not being useless and being cute as fuck
>>
Pokemon is one of the few series that I really look down on people over 14 if they still play it.
And I dont like doing it but goddamn dude
>>
>>332394119

Like customization and the 99% of the things that are not battle?
>>
>>332394415
Yeah, and it does a horrible job at that. It would work if your pokemon ran around and did shit on its own, instead it's a fucking dingleberry in your ass that does shit all. Brilliant immersion right there.
>>
>>332394508

Its useless
>>
>>332386385
Region design aside, those are all what I really want

Fuck IVs
>>
>>332394584
>Boosting crit chance
>sometimes give you free endure status
>useless
Retard
>>
>>332394569

I like it, its not perfect. But GF is lazy as fuck in every sense, you could said the same of every aspect of the game.
>>
>>332394640
>making the game even easier
>not useless
>>
>>332394640

Add that shit to the follower pokemon and done fucking brick.
>>
Do something to make it so you no longer need HM slaves. Like HMs aren't moves, they're items or something.
>>
>>332394736
>MUH CHALLENGE
don't use it then you autistic prick
>>
>>332394517
Why are you on a Pokemon board then you moronic fuck?
>>
>>332394813
Sorry anon but this is /v/.
>>
>>332394673
That's my point, GF half assed that shit hard. I can accept the system being barebones in yellow, but there is no reason for it being so fucking useless in SS/HG.
I'm not even asking for much, just let your pokemon interact sometimes. Like, you go into a cave and it starts to visible shake out of nervousity. Or you talk to a NPC and your mon doesn't like him/her and acts aggressive.
>>
Who's your favorite gym leader?
>>
>>332394786
>don't use it
Why have it at all in the first place?
>>
I want a Pokemon XD kind of game in terms of exploration and how maps are built (they feel like actual areas and not tilemaps)

Bigger emphasis on battles with Stadium-tier animations

Optional hardmode from the start
>>
>>332394786

Why fucking play XY then u retard?
>>
>>332394835
Oh my god so I am the moronic fuck.
>>
>>332394854
because most non-autistic player will use it
>>
>>332394762
This. HMs are a horrible design. Especially when there's like 8 of them, make 1/3 of your team useless.
>>
>>332394323
Of course it has battles
>>
>>332394905
>calling others autist while you still play pokemon
we lad
>>
>people actually think Pokemon will be challenging or have depth or a decent post-game content while Junichi "we want the smartphone audience" Masuda is in charge

(laughs)
>>
>>332394992
>name-calling
truly a compelling argument
>>
>>332395000
that geodude deserve to die
>>
>>332387152
This, but like Gen IV with different music for Day and Night.

Cozy as fuck.
>>
Scrap the Gym system entirely.
>>
Let Shigesato Itoi write the plot
>>
>>332384540
A non-trivialized game (at least the option to do so)
Megas retconned
The option to play with Gen V animated sprites
Following Pokemans
A not-so-fucking linear game
The option to skip tutorials, I know how to throw pokeballs, thank you
Option for region-locked matchmaking, fuck the nips and their autistic hissfits at the subtlest hint of losing (with the folliwing unplugging)
>>
It will end up being the same rehash with two or so new features and scrapped features from the previous games and you know it.
>>
>>332394905
>non autists will use the pokemon petting feature
>>
>>332390160
This is actually happening.

It's replacing Megas. You basically get a MASSIVE power boost, at the cost that if you die, you lose the match no matter how many pokemon you have left.
Also, the more pokemon you have left alive, the more powerful the fusion will be.
>>
File: captain pokeman.png (26 KB, 953x603) Image search: [Google]
captain pokeman.png
26 KB, 953x603
>>332391863
>>332392041
Hello, I was the guy who first created Pokeman for the /vp/ game. I had no idea he would become so popular among the project.
>>
>>332395224

>The option to play with Gen V animated sprites

Jesus, I though I was the only. Most of the pokemon are shit in 3D
>>
>>332390160
>>332395321
Would kill Pokemon just like Frontier killed digimon
>>
>>332384540
A game that runs at an acceptable framerate during battle
>>
>>332384540
Even sexier pokegirls. Each generation creates a brand new plethora of high tier waifus, I feel like they continue this path they will produce the ultimate waifus.
>>
>>332395502
they already did with misty and may
>>
>>332395502
Fucking newfags using waifu as anime girl I want to fuck
You disgust me
>>
>>332390238

They gonna have to create not only models and animation for the battles, but also some for following pokémons.

If you think about it, that's a lot of fucking work for a single useless gimmick.
>>
>>332384540

Hasn't everything since Pearl had that?
>>
>>332395661

Yes, OP simply is a retard.
>>
>>332395000

Holy shit, this. What do you guys expect from a game that's coming out at the end of this year?
>>
File: 1353956151508.jpg (109 KB, 406x364) Image search: [Google]
1353956151508.jpg
109 KB, 406x364
>>332394094
6 sprites for each pokemon (Assuming you just mirror the side shots)
720 pokemon
4320 fucking sprites.

That is a lot of manhours for a cute feature that won't make or break the game for you.

I want it back too, but I'd also much rather see all that work put into something better.
>>
>>332395661
Kinda sorta?
It's been there, And the day/night cycle does change, but I don't think it actually affects anything in the later games. At least, nowhere near to the extent that it does in Gold/Silver.
For example, I can't think of any post-gen 2 pokemon that only appear at night
>>
>>332386503
That's still fucking garbage.

Until they literally start copypasting Smogon builds and improve the AI to the point of always switching and predicting then I will never break a sweat.
>>
I want a way for my pokemon in the PC box to use HMs. Or even if they just scrap HMs completely I'd be perfectly fine. They're by far the worst thing in the series in my opinion.
>>
>>332396195

Make HMs part of a pokemons abilities seperate from moves.

i.e.-bulbasaur can surf, even if you don't know surf.
>>
>>332386373
Gamefreak can't get those gimmick features right.
>Add ride-able Pokemon.
>Create a linear route where use of riding is mandatory.
>Incredible slow to get to the other side of the route.
This shit isn't made for a linear game like Pokemon, play World of Warcraft and ride your mount there instead.
>>
>>332395982
Since everything uses models, that's 720 + whatever shit they add

However, all models are already ingame, so no manpower is wasted on modelling for that feature

>But muh animations
Everything has some sort of walking animation they could perfectly loop and get a decent result, and if you think it's a waste, what is amie with it's shitton of wasted animations for you?

>But muhframerate
It's obvious they stopped giving a shit about it, might as well get following pokemon in the deal

>Muh usefulness
It's comfy, and insert amie comparison here, also, free items

Watch nintendrones come and defend GF lazyness
>>
>>332396386
Or play a good game instead like DQMJ3
>>
>>332396309
>i.e.-bulbasaur can surf, even if you don't know surf.

Nigga I think you mean Squirtle.

But I see your point. I'm totally down for the idea of every pokemon having one ability for battle and one for use in the overworld.
>>
File: ade2YMI (1).png (202 KB, 1504x1056) Image search: [Google]
ade2YMI (1).png
202 KB, 1504x1056
>>332395982
>>332396470
I think the game >>332391863 is from does it as well
>>
>>332390951
>>332391087
I don't remember seeing Heliolisk before searching for details on Helioptile a couple days into owning Y. Awesome surprise, ended up being a new favorite.
>>
>>332392051
The entire plot of Black and White was about how most caught Pokémon love their trainers and actually enjoy nonlethal competition. As long as you're not a total jackass to them they're naturally loyal.
>>
>>332392051
Except Pokemon like to be captured.
>>
I want them to keep expanding and improving on the core mechanics with new moves, abilities, type combination's etc because thats what matters.

Hard mode would be nice, forced no shift mode, strategic teams and ai that actually switch etc, pokemon taken to the center have to spend a time limit there to heal encouraging you to catch and train a wider variety of pokemon, no cross gen trading until the credits to prevent over levelled pokemon early in the game
>>
>>332384540
>innovation from a series that is now so boring that the spin off games are more interesting than the main line ones
>>
>>332384540

This returned in gen 4

This was always the case for traded pokemon. Unless they removed it very recently.

>better 3-D models that don't hog the system down

Yes
>>
>>332387121
>>332384540
No need for this as it would needlessly complicate things, especially when anyone who completes the main story will already have hundreds of Pokemon in their PC. You'd have 500 Pokemon in the PC that aren't listening to you because you are using a different team of Pokemon in one of those postgame battle facilities.
Thread replies: 245
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.