[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We did it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: We beat valve.jpg (112 KB, 1080x591) Image search: [Google]
We beat valve.jpg
112 KB, 1080x591
>The Federal Court has found Valve, via its online game distribution platform Steam to have “engaged in misleading or deceptive conduct and made false or misleading representations to Australian consumers” about the consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law.

Under the Australian Consumer Law, all consumer goods or services come with automatic consumer guarantees that they are of acceptable quality and fit for the purpose for which they were sold.

If they are not, consumers have a right to a remedy, which may include refund, repair or replacement in certain circumstances. These consumer rights cannot be excluded, restricted or modified.

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2016/03/australian-federal-court-finds-valve-guilty-of-misleading-steam-customers/
>>
>we
>>
>>332384837
Wuz.
>>
Lmao "valve" is finished

Master race indeed
>>
>>332386608
KINGZ
>>
File: 1389679715979.png (13 KB, 834x600) Image search: [Google]
1389679715979.png
13 KB, 834x600
Finally,

Valve can ban all Australians from using steam.
>>
>Australia

This means nothing to me
>>
that's a "valve" gabe never should have opened, now watch as their profts go down the drain.
>>
File: 1459235106706.jpg (263 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1459235106706.jpg
263 KB, 600x900
>>332384425
>Australia
>Ruins valve, They go under. Can't pay the crippling debt to their new Australian overlords.
>>
>>332386696
That's Gabes lunch money for a day at most
>>
>>332384425
What's so bad about getting a refund?
>>
>>332384425
>In an act of bitterness over the court ruling, Valve Inc immediately blocked all sales of Kao The Kangaroo
A protest was held the next day by two Koala bears and an Aborigine.
>>
>>332384425
So what does it mean? Valve has to keep giving steam refunds?
>>
>>332387076
>koala bears
nobody calls them this, they're just koalas
>>
No...we've lost. We had everything, bros. We had great sales, better graphics, 60fps. Everything. This was the year PC gaming was going to FORCE people to convert, and we fucking blew it...
>>
>>332387271
This case was before steam refunds and getting a refund was basically asking steam support and them saying yes or no.

Even then you would only get it in steam funds, which isn't a proper refund.

Ah, to be a new fag on the internet.

But you don't play steam 24/7 do you? Its just a program. right?
>>
>>332387513
Well that's what I mean, what does this case actually solve? Change the way Cunts get refunds now or what?

If it's a case against a former practice they fixed does that mean they're being sued? What the hell even changes m8.
>>
>>332387076
That's some /pol/ Aussie tier bants right here.

Are Australian s capable of self-deprecating humour?
>>
File: 123.jpg (180 KB, 472x536) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
180 KB, 472x536
Out of curiosity why is everyone blowing this extremely out of proportion?

What exactly do you guys think is going to happen to Valve? Like its just a meme that you think they're going to go bankrupt or whatever right?

They'll either stop selling to Australia or adopt a new refund policy. Woooow. Big blow for real.
>>
>>332386686
It might actually. It was because of overseas efforts that we even got the refund option
>>
>>332386676
This would be the best case scenario here.
>>
Finally I can start clearing out my catalog of all the garbage i've accumulated and start refilling my bank account
>>
>>332389389
I do not think that they will drop that many customers
>>
>>332389210
As if, aussies get assblasted by even the shittiest bants, they're the only ones who think they can handle bants. Fucking slavs of the english speakig world.
>>
Sow hen can we start refunding old games?
>>
>>332390025
Cheaper and easier than the alternative. Aussies are shit, anyways, since their economy is an empty carcass puppeted by the Chinese. It was all downhill after 2005 for them, Cronulla was their greatest moment.

If Valve stops operating in Australia, the Australians really have no one to blame but their courts.
>>
>>332389210
not ever since they got khan'd
>>
>>332390193
I think a full withdrawal would create more problems than it would solve. A lot of negative pr would be generated as well. Plus the loss of sales is not worth losing over the tiny fraction of refunds that there will be.
>>
>>332384425

Thank you based Straya for proving that goods sold through a service are still goods. Maybe one day, you will be able to close your Steam account and keep your games. Little by little, we can help chip away at SaaSS
>>
Ausfag here, yes valve getting blasted is pretty neat. However, our laws regarding technologies is decades behind the first world it's not even funny. Only recently we recognise digital goods and services are a thing and not to mention the fucking Telstra copper. Fuck the Telstra copper.
>>
This is to do with wording in EULA's, in practice all you had to do was mention ACCC and you would get what you wanted.

Dont worry, this is just an easy way to set precedent and defend consumer rights.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.