[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Guy who just wanted to save world from the king of shadows(not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: Ammon_-_small_portrait.jpg (7 KB, 100x154) Image search: [Google]
Ammon_-_small_portrait.jpg
7 KB, 100x154
>Guy who just wanted to save world from the king of shadows(not even for selfish reasons but because saving world from evil is a right thing to do) is neutral evil
Bravo obsidian, great writing!
>>
How many threads do you plan to make about NWN2 exactly? How about you finish the game first and then complain, instead of making these constant blog threads?
>>
>>332384306
nigga had to sell his soul to da demunz to get shit done
in D&D that fucks up your alignment
>>
>>332384878
Yeah, you become chaotic
>>
>>332384952
not if you sell it to the devils though
>>
Why couldn't he just tell my party that?
It's not like he never had the chance to talk.
>>
insert planescape of our time.jpg here
>>
>>332386093
Same reason why Bishop will betray you no matter what
Bad writing
>>
>>332384475
>>332384475
>>332384475
>How many threads do you plan to make about NWN2 exactly? How about you finish the game first and then complain, instead of making these constant blog threads?

>>332386093
Maybe you should actually ask him and if you're not a retard about it, he'll acknowledge it
>>
>>332386406
Did you not even understand the point/motivation of Bishop's character? He's Chaotic Evil for a reason.
>>
>>332386919
>lol I want to die
>I won't die with you in the keep if I think that you will lose
>I won't side with you in the keep even though I think that you can win
>I will not fight against you in the end game and will just run away
Sounds more like neutral for me than evil
>>332386617
>>332384475
Why are you so upset?
This threads hurts your drone feelings or something?
>>
File: role playing game.jpg (129 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
role playing game.jpg
129 KB, 1366x768
>Can I come?
>1. Yes.
>2. Okay.
>3. Alright.

Eureka, Obsidian, you wonderful cucks.
>>
File: 1459203687937[1].jpg (176 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459203687937[1].jpg
176 KB, 1920x1080
>>332384306
Also you should use a more eye catching image next time, this thread wont be successful with your little white thumbnail.
>>
>>332387928
Dat potato face and skin tone difference between face and body
>>
>>332388104
Thats just a very dark red shirt anon.
>>
>>332388160
>playing as a drow
>ever
>>
Neither the first NWN nor the second one had good main campaigns. That's because 90% of the dev time was dedicated to just make a toolset so you could make your own, which is kind of the entire point of Neverwinter Nights in the first place. The actual good ones came in the expansions, like HoTU and MoTB, when the dev team was done and could focus all of their attention on making a campaign.
>>
>>332388305
Does that make NWN2 a failure then considering how few mods it has compared to NWN1?
>>
>>332388397
Quantity is not the same as quality. NWN1 has also been around for much longer
>>
File: 1459191607848[1].jpg (462 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459191607848[1].jpg
462 KB, 1920x1080
>>332388397
Neverwinter Nights 2 has a better toolkit than NWN1.
And Divinity Original Sin has an even better one. And The Witcher 2 has an amazing devkit.

Thing is, modders are dumb shits. It has to be just good enough, just powerful enough, only barely getting there, and it has to be easy.
Being easy to use is the main thing. NWN2's toolkit was powerful instead of easy, and thats why it failed.
Obsidian just forgot that their fans are lazy incompetent manchildren, not aspiring programmers and project managers.
>>
>>332388474
>Quantity is not the same as quality.
So NWN is still better then
>>
>>332387326
>mfw people don't pay attention and then blame bad writing
Did you actually speak to him at any part of the game, at all?
He makes it clear that he's against authority in any form (thus the Chaotic) in a very Stirneran-Individualist Anarchist mold, because he essentially believes that civilization as a whole concept (and authority/power structures in general) is a lie that serves only to disguise the brutal, selfish nature of man. He's an almost complete individualist - not only believing that people must make their own decisions, but that defending or helping others in any way at all is both wrong and stupid. Thus, being beholden to someone else is essentially the worst thing he could think of.
This is why he was happy to die with his village, and why he finds it so torturous that Duncan not only rescued him, but continually reminded him of his 'debt', good natured or not.
He betrays you at the end of the game because essentially, he's hoping for the same thing to happen - sick of being an unwilling part of your cause, he's simultaneously showing you the truth of his philosophy and hoping you and the King of Shadows both go down together in the conflagration, same as his home village.

Hence persuading him not to fight you isn't about him not wanting to die as it is you pointing out that if the King of Shadows one, it would simply force him into bongade, the very thing he despises; so he leaves. He actually doesn't particularly care about dying one way or the other - in fact, you could even make a case for him wanting to die, at least subconsciously.
>>
>>332388825
Forgive the spelling/grammar mistakes, I can't be fucked correcting them.
>>
>>332388397

Yes, because it was widely considered to have killed the multiplayer community of NWN. When it released it was so buggy and unfunctional that the community never really adopted it.
>>
>>332388526
>I will specially forgot to mention such nice things like during first year nwn2 modules crashed during loading if you placed door at the wrong(not supported by developers) angle, for example
But hey, let's blame players for not understanding greatness of obsidian!
>>
>>332389014
>code doesnt compile if you have syntactic errors

Yes, child. You are meant to do things properly.
NWN1 toolkit = PHP, NWN2 toolkit = C++.
One is obviously superior, and the other is much more popular and spread.
>>
>>332389120
>one module allowed to place objects however you wanted
>another don't
Obviously second is more superior because it was made by obsidian!
>>
>>332389120

>gamebreaking bugs are intended features
>>
>>332389330
>PHP lets you use strings as array keys
>its retarded, but you can do it!!!

No, anon, having a door rotated sideways, half floating and half in the wall, doesnt make sense. You shouldnt do it, you dont need to do it, and nobody wants you doing it.
>>
>>332388526
>their fans are lazy incompetent manchildren
You have the manchild aspect down pretty well.
>>
>>332384306
>This is what anti-Obsidian drones actually believe
>>
>>332389473
He meant rpg fans, not obsidian fans, retard
>>
>>332384306
How many innocent people died because of him? Nigga wiped out entire settlements on his way to KoS's forces. He deserved that Evil alignment.
>>
>>332388526
>And Divinity Original Sin has an even better one.
I'm pretty sure being buggy and crashing the fuck out of everything at random doesn't make your toolkit better.
>>
Reminder that playing NWN2 with the developer commentary subtitles enabled is the only way to make the vanilla campaign worthwhile.
>>
>>332393267
> Nigga wiped out entire settlements on his way to KoS's forces
He didn't, neverwinter supported him after he got a sword and asked second time, and there were both humans and demons in his army
And 18 years latter everyone forgot about it, lost archive documents about it, and decided that he was a king of shadows because he used demons
It was that retarded. 100-200 years would be more reasonably
>>
>>332388825
LOL whatever mang
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.