[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Valve Found Guilty Of Breaching Australian Consumer Law
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: gabe-newell-654816_560x320.png (301 KB, 560x320) Image search: [Google]
gabe-newell-654816_560x320.png
301 KB, 560x320
http://kotaku.com/valve-found-guilty-of-breaching-australian-consumer-law-1767649760

>After an 18-month back and forth with the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC), the Australian Federal Court has finally ruled that Valve was in breach of Australian Consumer Law.

>The ACCC’s major issue with Valve was its lack of a refund policy, which ran contrary to Australian Consumer law. Valve has since implemented its own refund policy in the wake of this case.

Why does /v/ defend Valve, who is anti-consumer rights and pro-DRM?
>>
>>332381991
>posting kotaku links instead of an archive or pastebin
FUCK OFF
>>
>>332382101
They got no more money anyway. HULKMANI RAN UPON THEM.
>>
>people buy a poorly made product cause they fall for stupid banners and game infos
>valves fault somehow
>>
>>332382101
>bringing his gamergay shit to this board
No one cares since the right wing high jacked that shit and jumped up reddits ass, fuckhead
>>
What internet service allows refunds? Sounds like Australia being retarded hicks as usual.
>>
>>332382465
>dipshit newfag thinks kotaku hate is instrinsically related to gibberglam
Sad
>>
>>332381991
I'm okay with valve not giving me a refund on an older AAA game that I bought for like 2 dollars.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 610x343) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 610x343
>>332381991
Hooray! Australia!
>>
>>332382465
That was standard procedure for posting kotaku stories long before goobergate, newfag
>>
>>332382465
>Defending Kotaku
Anyways countries always try to find different ways for Valve breaking their laws, this isn't even news worthy.
>>
>>332382465
If you think telling people to fuck off for directly linking to clickbait sites is a recent thing, you need to go back to le reddit
>>
File: 4fc.jpg (70 KB, 248x252) Image search: [Google]
4fc.jpg
70 KB, 248x252
>>332381991
>ausfalian courts
>>
>>332381991
>Australian law

Ausfag here, our law system is a joke.
>>
Makes sense, Australia has never made a videogame in it's entire pathetic countries existence, so why not invent a bunch of arbitrary moneygrabbing laws against a product your country is too inept to produce?
>>
>>332381991
how many threads do you need, porky?
>>
"Give me back my Centrelink money you yank poofters" - ACCC
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 500x591) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 500x591
Who gives a shit? Canada is a much better market.
>>
>>332382910
LA Noire is ok
>>
>>332381991

Valve is no more pro-DRM than any other retailer of video games is. Whether to implement it or not is up to the developers, and expecting Valve to take some kind of strong-armed "NO DRM OR NO GAME ON STEAM" approach is, frankly, stupid.
>>
what's gonna happen to pc gaming once gaben dies?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.