[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>wake up >splatoon and ratchet are still the only platformer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: shootan platforman.png (1 MB, 882x636) Image search: [Google]
shootan platforman.png
1 MB, 882x636
>wake up
>splatoon and ratchet are still the only platformer shooters
>>
>>332380576
i think you might be retarded
>>
>>332380576
>Ratchet and clank

I thought that franchise was dead because the devs say mascot platformer it was for babies.
>>
>>332383023
Mate Ratchet is the only mascot STILL getting games by the original studios.
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 660x447) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 660x447
>>332380576
Sure, OP.
>>
>>332383493
Last Prime game was 9 years ago, faggot. It's a dead franchise.
>>
>>332383184
Must of been thinking of crash bandicoot or jack and Dexter

I don't play much of the single player in slatoon but it seemed to be pretty well done, what did you guys think?
>>
File: image.jpg (860 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
860 KB, 1920x1080
>>332383629
And how many years has it been since this released?
>>
>>332383698
stfu
>>
>>332383184
Must of been thinking of crash bandicoot or jack and Dexter

I don't play much of the single player in slatoon but it seemed to be pretty well done, what did you guys think?
>>
File: Dying Light screenshot.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Dying Light screenshot.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>
>>332384075
It's very solid. It is a bit too short and simple to be considered excellent in my book, but it is still enjoyable throughout. The final level also has one of the most enjoyable boss fights I have played in recent years.
>>
>>332385515
I know there was a big push for multiplayer focus but honestly the concepts in strong enough they could flesh it out more

Yes I will be willing to buy a DLC expansion, ugh.
>>
>>332380576
would half-life be included in this genre?
>>
>>332383698
How good is that game? How faithful it is to Metroid while still doing something new? Are the enviroments as repetitive as everyone makes them or they fell actually unique?
>>
>>332386605
It's definitely worth playing. Try having fun instead of nitpicking
>>
>>332387330
>Try having fun instead of nitpicking
I was honestly asking that. Those are the most common complains, and I want to gather info if they are true or not, and if it's a good Metroid game that is not actually Metroid
>>
>>332387417
The environments are fun to go through and Stand out individually with the enemy types ans color palettes.

Backtracking can be annoying if you don't know where you're going but there are secrets everywhere and the weapons are a blast to use.

I'm not a reviewer or a shill but even if the games not perfect it's something that fills the void since Nintendo is shitting the bed.
>>
>>332387679
>it's something that fills the void since Nintendo is shitting the bed.
I just want that, I just want a new proper Metroid either on 2D or 3D, I love the series in almost all it's incarnations.

Then they dropped other m which was shit, and now FF that also looks like shit. So, the last good Metroid was 9 years ago, and it was the weakest entry in the Prime series. I really hope that Axiom Verge fills the void, at least for a while
>>
>>332386507
kind of. the platforming mechanics aren't that great in any of them, though.
>>
>>332387838
I agree with pretty much everything you said. Axiom verge is about the same length as super metroid. If only there was more to play.
>>
YOU JUMP UP ON ANY PLATFORM IN ANY FUCKING FPS

METROID PRIME IS MORE A PLATFORM SHOOTER THEN SPLATOON.
CONTRA IS MORE OF A PLATFORM SHOOTER THEN SPLATOON AND IT CAME OUT FOR THE NES

FUCK NEO NINTENDOERS AND THEIR GRAND DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR WHEN THE GAMES THEY ARE PLAYING ARE DOGSHIT COMPARED TO GAMES NINTENDO MADE 15 YEARS AGO.
SONY though is cool. I only had a ps1 though so it is not saying much
>>
>>332380576
o ull yo
>>
>>332385446
how is that?
a qt waiter grill said she loves it but
>normies gaming
>girls gaming
>>
File: 1422821048946.png (2 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1422821048946.png
2 MB, 2000x2000
>>332383023
Nah that was ND.
>>
>>332388070
That's wrong, not every shooter has a big platforming focus. You're right about Contra being a platformer. Also, Mega Man too
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.