[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://youtu.be/s2LRDAQr6VY So this happened recently. The latest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 1274x717) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 1274x717
https://youtu.be/s2LRDAQr6VY So this happened recently. The latest patches in Smash4 fucking with people? The rise of low tiers being viable now?
>>
File: pepelaugh.jpg (12 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
pepelaugh.jpg
12 KB, 258x245
>>332379986
>Feb 24
well memed
>>
>>332379986
>mew2king being mediocre at tr4sh
news at 11
>>
I brought Mewtwo to a tournament a week after the patch hit and got 3rd with some of the best people in my country attending. I'm not a big-time tourney player, but Mewtwo is pretty damn good now.

Of course, part of me getting so far was probably lack of matchup experience too.
>>
>>332379986

>Mew2King
>plays as a visable mass of liquid droplets

I don't get it.
>>
>>332379986
why is he so bald
>>
>>332379986

Just because a low tier can beat a pro player doesn't mean the low tier is "viable" it just means they are really fucking good with the low tier.

This is just Taj, but with Smash 4 and with another guy.
>>
>>332379986
wow he got fucking rocked
>>
>>332379986
That was rough
>>
>>332380669
>This character is viable for use in the pro circuit
>But its not "viable"
>>
I can only determine that either he had a bad day. Or a lot of characters like Mewtwo are heavily underestimated. Either way the video stated he had got done playing melee. And he refuses to use the characters he uses in Melee in Smash4 because "It will cause bad habits with who I play as in melee."
>>
>>332380669
Mewtwo isn't low tier anymore, he is at the very least among the top of the mid tiers or a high tier now
>>
>mewtwo is low tier meme

ebin
>>
>>332381948
At his release he wasn't very good. He was too slow and too light and what are now his most useful attacks were a tad underwhelming.
>>
>>332382109
And feb 24, the date of the video, isn't his release date
>>
>>332381719

"viable" as in he's not gonna be making crazy money or winning every other tournament. "viable" as in hes purposely gimping himself by not using a high/top tier character.
>>
>>332382242
That's not what I'm saying. At that point, he had already received some pretty nice buffs.
>>
Coincidentally, Mewtwo in losers finals on 2ggaming right now.
>>
>Mew2King getting his shit absolutely rekt
>announcers: h-he can still come back!

kek
>>
File: 1373584227847.gif (973 KB, 198x133) Image search: [Google]
1373584227847.gif
973 KB, 198x133
>>332382353
Well then what ARE you saying?

I said mewtwo isn't low tier, then you said he was low tier at release, then I said the video isn't of his release state

I'm very confused
>>
>>332382353
Exactly
Mewtwo has been good for many months now and people still call him low tier as if he was just released.
I don't know if those people haven't been paying attention, they just base their knowledge on an obsolete tier list that someone once made or they don't believe characters can make huge jumps in the tier list
>>
>>332382497
Let me guess. Bayonetta is on Grand Finals isn't she?
>>
>>332382532
It can happen. I scored 2nd place in a tournament recently, getting all the way to the finals without losing. The 1st place winner handed my ass to me three times in a row, then we got a reset since he was coming from loser's, then he almost proceeded to do it again. By the 6th and final match, everyone, even him, was expecting a comeback because I finally got my act together and understood how he played.

>>332382647
You got it just right. All I was saying is that he used to be bad.

>>332382697
Which brings me to this. The reason people are suprised he's doing good is because almost everyone simply forgot about him because of how bad he was. Most people don't bother trying out new characters extensively after patches, that's too much effort. They'd rather just stick to the few characters they already play, not knowing how the rest of the cast has changed until something like OP's video comes up.
>>
>>332380615
Where did the hair goo!?!
>>
>>332383025
But I wasn't talking about his release, I'm talking about op calling mewtwo a low tier character
>>
>>332379986
This was before the latest patch and M2K said on twitter afterwards that he, ironically, didn't know about the Mewtwo match up at all. He was bodying some random Marth in friendlies afterwards then he went Mewtwo and bodied M2K.

You know how M2K gets when he doesn't understand something.
>>
>>332382963
No, Sheik and MK.
>>
>>332383317
See the last part of my post.
>>
>>332379986
>Name is mew2king
>Does not play Mewtwo

>Meanwhile Mew^2 has been playing Mewtwo sense day one
Now that is charater and name loyalty
>>
>>332380669
>>332380920
>>332381632
>>332381838
The thing is that this is not the first time that Mew2king fights Mewsquare, and everytime they have faced each other Mewsquare ends up winning. Dominating so
>>
>>332383623
M2K used to play Mewtwo in Melee but stopped when he realized Mewtwo is awful. He did the same when Mewtwo came out in Smash 4.

He DID play Mewtwo in PM during 3.02 when he was busted.
>>
>>332383623
I'd expect that at least M2K would try to keep him as a secondary now that he is actually a mobile character and good in case his Cloud is having a rough time, but he doesn't
>>
>>332383623
M2K originally played Mewtwo in Melee but stopped because Mewtwo is pretty bad. Moreover, M2K really only cares about winning and being a top player at this point because it's the only thing he has going for him in life. What else is the guy going to do? Smash is the only thing he can do well. He has no job, no spouse, and no real way to support himself otherwise.
>>
>>332384356
He should rethink his life and find some other way of making a living. Making a living on playing video games is as stupid as making a living YouTube or other video uploading.
>>
>>332384674
Doesn't the MVG channel belong to him and he hosts tournaments and shit? that should bring some money even when he doesn't participate
>>
>>332379986
It really shows when M2K doesn't know a matchup
>>
>>332384674
Stupid how?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.