[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just cant believe how much the series deviated from its predecessors.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 210x240
I just cant believe how much the series deviated from its predecessors.

Fuck my shit up

The dlc only makes things worse as we go along
>>
>>332378834
It was made by modders, no shit its terrible

Why the fuck do you think they havnt released the modding tools, its because all the shit they are releasing can be done by modders easily and they dont want to put any effort into making good DLC
>>
>>332378834

>I just cant believe how much the series deviated from its predecessors.
Given enough time, this happens to every single series. Because the original creator or director leaves.

The only exception I can think of is Dragon Quest. Which has remained consistent for 30 years. But that's because the same core team is still working on it. Fallout 3 and 4 are not the original team.
>>
>>332379704
But there's deviating from the formula to keep fresh, and then there's all out raping the lore and franchise to get those casual players.
>>
>>332380284

>and then there's all out raping the lore and franchise to get those casual players.
Castlevania, Suikoden, Zelda, Sonic, Diablo, Star Trek...

I'm just pointing out that the longer a series goes on, the more chance it has to get raped. Unless the original creators keep total creative control.
>>
>>332378834
>The dlc only makes things worse as we go along
Why?
>>
>>332380427
And yet obsidian managed to use the same formula as fo3, yet still keep the spirit of the okd games. It's not that hard. Bethesda is just lazy, and todd is a hack.
>>
>>332382076
>And yet obsidian managed to use the same formula as fo3, yet still keep the spirit of the okd games
I love this meme. FO1, 2 and NV are all very different in theme and tone despite all having positive qualities. If anything grouping the three games together under one label does a disservice to them. Also you conveniently left out Tactics:BoS and BoS.
>>
>>332380601
He doesn't want to fuck robots apparently
>>
>>332378834
oh shut up, we all know fo4 wasnt as good as the rest, this is not an original thought. also, you should have sen it coming when the price for the dlc was 10 dollars. if you don't like it, don't buy it.
>>
File: 8d4.jpg (4 KB, 165x115) Image search: [Google]
8d4.jpg
4 KB, 165x115
>>332378834
>That literal Tumblr art
>>
>>332378834
Fallout 4 is not an RPG.
>>
File: wmn1gpHi.jpg (765 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
wmn1gpHi.jpg
765 KB, 1600x1200
>>332378834
>>332383517
Just yet another thing 1 and 2 did better.
>>
File: Todd REE.jpg (23 KB, 680x689) Image search: [Google]
Todd REE.jpg
23 KB, 680x689
>>332382076
WHAT DID YOU SAY
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.