[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why isn't indie game development a respectable career and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1459164175248.jpg (27 KB, 580x398) Image search: [Google]
1459164175248.jpg
27 KB, 580x398
Why isn't indie game development a respectable career and why does /v/ shit on their art?
>>
>>332378361
>art
>>
Because rich entrepreneurs are taking advantage of the niche by trying to seem creative, complex, and unique as possible while actually being really, really lazy and extremely simple as well as cliche.

This left genuine artists in the dust, and if they do manage to make god-tier games, they're ignored by the masses due to having no access to media attention which is only gained by paying the media.
>>
Because everyone wants to be the next Minecraft and make millions
>>
>>332378439
Make a game and don't put any effort and attention into art style, music, sound effects, visual effects, or anything aside from the pure gameplay and see how much fun it is.

A lot of what makes your favorite games likable is never exclusively because of the gameplay.
>>
>>33237836
I shit on gamedevs trying to play their career like the lottery instead of putting care and effort into their products
>>
Because many times they're pretentious faggots that think they're gods gift to gaming. And their ideas are stale, lame, too many indies copy each other it is boring. I can't remember the last one I actually really liked. I respect humble individuals.
>>
>>332378589
>is never exclusively because of the gameplay

This is somewhat true but gameplay is easily 65% of it. Which is why I don't like garbage like undertale. If a game doesn't have good gameplay it isn't worth shit.
>>
File: 1431610239367-3.jpg (48 KB, 600x760) Image search: [Google]
1431610239367-3.jpg
48 KB, 600x760
An idiot and his money are easily seperated and there are a ton of idiots.
>>
>>332379636
I'd argue it's bold to make a game that lacks in the gameplay department, you just have to compensate it with something greater while keeping it an interactive medium.

If you didn't like the second half of undertale you have shit taste.
>>
File: well youre not wrong.jpg (35 KB, 752x565) Image search: [Google]
well youre not wrong.jpg
35 KB, 752x565
>>332378530
well said

/thread
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.