[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>git gud is just an excuse for horrid game mechanics >terrible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10
File: dork souls.jpg (23 KB, 640x381) Image search: [Google]
dork souls.jpg
23 KB, 640x381
>git gud is just an excuse for horrid game mechanics
>terrible hitboxes
>if you die, you go all the way back to the boss to get killed in three hits with your estus flasks down to one from all the enemies
>stun-lock spam
>shit-tier story that is praised for giving gamer subtle hints that make no sense unless you watch hours of lore on jewtube
>enemies outnumber you constantly
>narrow hallways so you can get fucked, or pushed the fuck off

you fanboys are blind as shit if you think this is a good game
>>
>>332376430
STOP MAKING FUN OF PERFECTION. YOU OBVIOUSLY DONT UNSDERSTAND HOW TO GIT GUD
>>
>>332376430
it's really not a hard game.
hitboxes aren't bad, very view times I've actually had trouble with them.
story is shit, but tell me, whats the last story driven game you've played?
stun lock spam? have you even played the game?

it's not even git gud, you just can't learn how to play a game that's you haven't already played. stick to your FPS's and your press A to win games scrub.
>>
Wow sounds like you need to git gud, shockwaves are part of the lore. The games not even that hard you casul
>>
>>332376430
300+ replies? Taking bets and cocks
>>
Yeah I'm really struggling to get what the draw is here. Picked it up today and logging about 7 hours. This is the most bland, repetitive, clunky, and dry game I've played in a long time. It's not even about difficulty, it's just boring.
>>
>>332376430
>Game is hard for the first round
WOOOOOOW
>>
>>332376430
Yeah, so? What, you want Prince of Persia where you're always fighting 1v1? It's fine.

Nope. Sometimes it's a statement saying that your low skills are the problem, not the game's difficulty. For example:
>if you die, you go all the way back to the boss to get killed in three hits with your estus flasks down to one from all the enemies
If your skills were improved, you'd get to the boss with more estus remaining to heal with. Eventually you'll get good enough to get to the boss with plenty of estus remaining to beat it. And then good job! You've gotten good.

Your other complains are just whines.
>>
no it's not
>terrible hitboxes
only in pre patch das 2
you don't have to fight every enemy every time
>stun-lock spam
try blocking, rolling, or putting on armor with poise
>shit-tier story that is praised for giving gamer subtle hints that make no sense unless you watch hours of lore on jewtube
praised by autists, also did you really just use the word gamer unironically?
boo fucking hoo you cuck
try taking it slow in those areas

overall it's pretty bad bait
>>
>>332377169
>I DON'T LIKE [THING]
Ok
>>
>>332376430

git gud
>>
>>332377169
PvP and coop makes Dark Souls a lot more interesting to me.
I don't enjoy solo runs.
>>
File: 1449613620078.jpg (3 KB, 256x189) Image search: [Google]
1449613620078.jpg
3 KB, 256x189
>>332377624
Solid counter argument. /v/ got me again.
>>
>I'm bad so the game is bad
>>
>>332376430
I know that is bait

But I'm playing though this for the first time and it's not horribly difficult.
Take it slow. Learn enemy movements and use your shield. Use a spear in hallways
You can't run though the game like a moron like you can in other games.
If you do this consistently you'll get better.
So Git Gud is fucking solid advice.
>>
>>332378003

It is, but shitters prefer to shitpost instead of gitting gud.
>>
>>332376430
It is a good game, and it's different from where games have been going the past decade which is into this handholding casual shit. It's refreshing for a game series to go "Fuck you, get gud or don't play."
>>
>>332376430
>using the term gamer unironically
zozzle
>>
File: 1451356965128.jpg (8 KB, 185x177) Image search: [Google]
1451356965128.jpg
8 KB, 185x177
Gotta love how people still fall for obvious bait.
>>
File: 1458561755021.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1458561755021.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
You just must be really bad. I bet you couldn't even get past this part.
>>
File: 1453177033357.jpg (10 KB, 221x225) Image search: [Google]
1453177033357.jpg
10 KB, 221x225
>>332377843
>i'm not having fun with something people have fun with
>ok
>nice counterarguement faggot
"ok"
>>
>>332378152
Its unfortunate because once you actually know what your doing kicking ass feels rewarding as hell
>>
>>332376430
literally the only hard part in this game is figuring out where the fuck to go. I call it lazy devs that cant number the enemies. bosses have retard friendly exploits that make them too ez
>>
>>332378343

I just experienced this hitbox fuckery today after I killed quelaag. I just grabbed the armor and noped the fuck out. How are you actually supposed to fight this thing without cheesing it?
>>
There's no problem with having to go slow and steady

There's no problem with check points being few and far between

There's no problem with unfairly challenging bosses that take practice to defeat

There's no problem with punishing consequences for dying

But put them all together and its fucking tedious to play
>>
>>332378561
git gud its easy as fuck
>>
>>332376430

I'm legitimately terrible at video games but even I can get some enjoyment out of this game. Granted, it also pisses me the fuck off at times, but that just makes the successes feel even sweeter.

Is this what Stockholm syndrome feels like?
>>
File: 1458946041560.png (822 KB, 859x1003) Image search: [Google]
1458946041560.png
822 KB, 859x1003
>>332378281
Are you new here?

/v/ is the most gullible group of chuckle fucks ever. It takes absolutely no effort to make a bait thread and get 300+ genuine replies.
>>
>>332376776
>perfection
but that isn't Demon's Souls

in b4 crying about grass spam (i agree) and world tendency (you're a retard if you hate this)
>>
/v/ loves Dark Souls, if you don't, you clearly don't belong here
>>
I am one of the first people in the west to ever play Demon's, as I imported the game from gookville, the eng subbed shit.

I stand for what I claimed in 2009. Did I love the game? Yes, a lot. Would I wish for more? Fuck no. Rang the first bell, quit DS1 at the forest while kicking the phantom fags around a bit.

It's a mix of me being extremely tired of mots and the game being too samey.
>>
>>332378404

True that, the less you research about the game the most you enjoy it, it took me a while to figure out how to buff my weapons with magic and farming for large titanite shards made me feel stupid after realizing some vendors were selling them, but hey, that's the whole point of this game.
>>
Honestly man just git gud you scrub. Dark souls is the best series in a long time.
>>
File: demons souls.png (132 KB, 477x2415) Image search: [Google]
demons souls.png
132 KB, 477x2415
>>332379075
>best in series
:^)
>>

no it isn't, you just suck

>terrible hitboxes

in DS2, sure

have you considered not getting hit?

try getting an imagination, you fucking drone. player interpretation is the other half of the story.

"every encounter should be 1v1 hurrrrrr"

adapt
>>
>>332379034
I haven't looked up too much stuff. Just why I couldn't upgrade my Silver Knight Spear passed +5 and what fire keeper souls I missed
>>
>>332376430
Git Gud.
>>
most autistic fan base ever.

Dark souls is overrated and shit.
>>
>>332379824

see
>>332377896
>>
>>332376430
Spite how fun it is Soulsbournefags are the most cancerous group on /v/
>>
>>332379824
Compare it to any other ARPG

The Witcher 3? Worse game and worse fanbase
>>
>>332380070
>autistic bait
>people pretend to be autists

wow
>>
>>332380270
Do you think they aren't?
>>
>>332380367
Just as much as any other fanbase on /v/
>>
>>332380425
>Witcher threads
>Get shit up by soulsfags
>Vidya weapon threads
>Get shit up by soulsfags
>Sonigger threads
>Secretly just Soulsfags
>Souls threads
>Shit up by Bloodbournefags
>Bloodbourne threads
>Shit up by souls fags
>Is there a game the lets me ____ threads
>Shit up by soulsfag harping on about this minor cutscene that happens once for an optional boss
>rage threads
>Shit up by soulsfags

No matter where you guys go you can't help yourselves.
>>
File: 1.jpg (62 KB, 803x527) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
62 KB, 803x527
This game had such great lore and actually required martial skill and legitimate courage to get through. If you can't handle the heat, don't go to hell.
>>
>>332376430
shut up and level up, man.
i mean i agree but damn man, can we not have this conversation every fucking day
you either have enough patience/smarts/whatever to get through the game, or you wuss out and shitpost on /v/ about it.
the end.
>>
>>332376430

You are entitled to your opinions, but they are wrong.
>>
>>332382130
Nice summary of Dark Souls.
>>
Anyway I can get to gwyndolin without going on the roof through those painting guardians? Asshole spawns me at a dead bonfire i can't kindle every time I die.
>>
Is this your first video game or something?
>>
>>332376430
I've noticed that recently people have been arguing more that Dark Souls is bad in part of its difficulty. Is /v/ just more casual than it used to be?

Arguable.
>terrible hitboxes
There are some bad hitboxes.
This is a part of the difficulty of the game. Bosses arent meant to be fought at max capacity. It's not a bad game mechanic, you just don't like it.
>stun-lock spam
Is an abusable thing by the player in pve, is hardly ever used by enemy characters and is part of the pvp meta.
This is either b8 or the literal rambles of a retarded baby. The lore isnt confusing or nonsensical, its just not left out in plain sight. Its up to the player to care or not.
Seriously? The game gives you tools to deal with this. Imagine how stupid this argument would be for any genre besides fighters.
Narrow hallways are actually better for the player unless you have no idea how shields work.
>>
File: 1458104357226.png (436 KB, 780x507) Image search: [Google]
1458104357226.png
436 KB, 780x507
>>332376430
It should take maybe 3-5 hours to "get" the way the game is played and controls. The only people that I've heard complain are FPS babies annoyed they have to adapt.

It's not even that fucking hard. After you get it, it's not hard at all. Shit marketing campaign. Then again I'd probably think it was hard if my parents stuffed ADHD and "anxiety" drugs down my throat.

How the fuck can't people understand these games?
>>
>>332384361
>>terrible hitboxes
>There are some bad hitboxes.
Hitboxes are much better, though.
Netcode? That's a whole another story.
>>
Yea I'm not sure what the huge deal is. I just played it for the first time today and it was just OK. I beat the game twice and did 300 hours of PvP afterwards.

It was fun but it wasn't amazing.
>>
>>332378848
Anon, the idea was good, no one denies that, but World Tendency was very poorly implemented. Having it change to whatever the online had was bullshit given you needed the points for killing all the bosses plus no penalties for body form dying to get Pure White, any mistake there and you were left out of the PW goodies, and you were basically forced into a "mistake" by going online

Having the Online World Tendency override whatever you had be a toggle-able setting would have made it much better

And fuck grass spamming to death, those 30 minutes PvP matches were not fun to anyone
>>
>>332376430

I'm a seasoned darkwraith.

I slaughter hackers I'm so gud.

This game is piss easy once you git gud.

It's the best video games currently have to offer when you do git gud and develop a character properly. The customization is crucial and beautiful.

Invading a guy with 2 summoned phantoms and killing both phantoms, and then parrying the host a few times before you firestorm him into oblivion or kick him off a ledge to his death is the best video games currently have to offer in our current generation.

Those that can't git gud will never experience the divine nature of this game.

There is no mercy in hell.
>>
>>332376430
You're shit OP, people have beaten this game naked at level 1 on NG+++++++++ which is 100 times harder than the normal game
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.