[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTEs are totally fine when The Evil Within does them because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: RE6vEvilWithin.jpg (128 KB, 640x720) Image search: [Google]
RE6vEvilWithin.jpg
128 KB, 640x720
QTEs are totally fine when The Evil Within does them because Mikami is a genius who can do no wrong. In fact, The Evil Within has no QTEs at all.
>>
>>332365078
>/v/ likes The Evil Within

Here is your response.
>>
>play Dark Cloud
>It has qtes
>>
>>332365078

Who the fuck even cares about Evil Within? It was a total Saw The Videogame rip off with just guns added. Also I barely remember anything that happened in the game except that you shot a turret at the last boss RE5 style and then absolutely nothing mattered because everyone was asleep the whole time. Shit game/10
>>
>>332365482

The qtes in Dark Cloud were really fun to perform. Especially since there were only a few of them. Resident Evil 6 was littered with them though. It was terrible.
>>
>>332365176
>>332365505
>If the story is shit, the game is shit
DMC 3 and DMC 4 are utter garbage by this logic. Except they aren't because they're fun to play.

Likewise, TEW is easily the best action horror game in recent memory. The DLC was also absolutely excellent. I'm glad it sold well so based Mikami gets more funding the next game.
>>
>>332365904
>trying to refute an argument that doesn't exist

Last (You) I'm giving you, better enjoy it.
>>
>>332365904

But it wasn't horror, it was a lame haunted house attraction influenced by Saw and the Saw video game, shit even some character models were straight up stolen from Saw and the whole haunted house aspect was from the Saw video game, it wasn't scary, it wasn't horror and at times it was just tedious and boring, like that fish part in the city. It was a good attempt at horror but western influences and RE4 ruined it, face it even Japs can't into horror anymore, it was a mediocre TPS at best and a lame haunted house at worst. Seriously I waited for the game to tell me to close my eyes and stick my hand into cold spaghetti.
>>
I remember some anons having issues pirating this game. Is it worth a download?
>>
>>332366419
>But it wasn't horror
It was action horror you fucko. Just because you thought the horror was lame doesn't make it any less the action horror title it was designed as.
>lots of blood and guts
>it's a saw clone!
God you're fucking stupid.

Game had huge amount of variety and was incredibly fun to play. The art direction was incredible - the levels had an amazing sense of visual variety. They also changed it up a lot - you go from stealth, to action to action sequences. On top of all that, it had immense replayability, giving you new weapons, a new difficulty, and allowing you to carry over progress.

It had all the fundamentals of PS2 era game design with a modern look. Just because you didn't like the story or horror doesn't change the fact that the game was a huge amount of fun to play.

Also the DLC was pretty horrifying. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZimAuIC22UY
>>
>>332365904
I just don't like TEW that much because almost all your ammo scarcity is artificial. You start the game being able to hold like 12 bullets total and I was just walking past hundreds of rounds because I thought the game wanted you to sneak around or kneecap guys. During the first run you can't really waste points upgrading guns because the final damage upgrade for the crossbow just wins the game.

Also I didn't know at the time that they were DLC weapons, but the DLC breaks the game super hard.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.