[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OFF VS Undertale
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9
File: nC3Yg4b.gif (129 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
nC3Yg4b.gif
129 KB, 640x480
Which hipster trash indie game was less shitty? Discuss
>>
>>332356865
OFF.
Because nobody discusses it does get injected into everything you love.
>>
I agree that OFF was a better game as well. The surreal environment, puzzles, atmosphere, music, character designs, and ending were highly memorable.
>>
I think Off is the most hipster choice here, so it has my vote.
>>
what is Off? never heard of it.
ergo it's probably shit.
>>
I would fuck the Batter tbqh. Especially in his crocodile form
>>
off is less popular so it'll get most of the vote. It has more of a deep meaning and I'm sure it was alot better in french. But in English a bunch was lost and made it impressive, but forgettable. Undertale gave me a greater impact over a longer period of time. Another big thing was that off's combat was very, very boring.
>>
File: off batter.jpg (679 KB, 1280x1090) Image search: [Google]
off batter.jpg
679 KB, 1280x1090
>>
Can be played here http://rpgmaker.net/games/6697/
>>
Undertale is trying to hard and I havent beaten OFF but it has some creative pzzles i'll give it that but fuck both those games spacefunerals where it's at
>>
Never beat Space Funeral. Should probably get back to that
>>
OFF is mediocre and Undertale is bad, so OFF is the better game.
>>
>>332356865
I liked OFF better because it was more secluded and made me uncomfortable when I played it in the dark.
>>
File: 1455486850548.png (392 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1455486850548.png
392 KB, 900x900
>>332358546
Undertale's combat wasn't really that great either though, to be honest. It was a good idea but wasn't really used to its fullest extent, none of the regular enemies even come close to being dangerous, and most of the bosses are absolute pushovers. Sans gives a good idea of how the game COULD be, but imo in the end it just doesn't work as well as it could have.
>>
File: steam sales.jpg (70 KB, 640x481) Image search: [Google]
steam sales.jpg
70 KB, 640x481
>>332358872
the endings pretty good or atleast interesting so i'd keep with it
>>
>le undertale is bad
Its the same game as Earthbound. Fuck outta here
>>
>>332356865
I downloaded a version of Off, but it won't keep savefiles. Anyone have a link to a better version?
>>
Correction: Underfail is Earthbound with a Hot Topic skin
>>
File: 1458599787800.gif (193 KB, 145x170) Image search: [Google]
1458599787800.gif
193 KB, 145x170
>>332359183
>>
>>332358872
I heard something bout a space funeral 4.
>>
>>332359183
Yes. And Earthbound is bad.
>>
Try this download link: http://forum.starmen.net/forum/Fan/Games/OFF-by-Mortis-Ghost
>>
any of you guys ever play that weird ass game called penpal? it was kinda shit and 2deep4u but i've never heard it mentioned once
>>
Earthbound is the most overrated RPG on the SNES. How the fuck people can claim it is on the level of FF6 or Chrono Trigger with a straight face is beyond me
>>
>>332359407

thanks m8
>>
>>332359304
Do not, it's a fan-game and it's shit! Why? The creator is a furry, brony and a faggot, so he decided to fill 3/4 of the game with furry and MLP stuff.
Don't be fooled, the first 1/4 is a really smart recreation from the first game but it just goes downhill after that.
>>
The game was called Pen Pals, not Penpal
>>
>>332359631
wasnt there another undertail fan game? i just saw it had a swamp knight telling you to fuck off and then i kinda ignored it
>>
i prefer the story, world and characters of off, but the puzzles are incredibly shitty and combat is stock RPGmaker

i prefer undertale's gameplay, it keeps you engaged because you never know what's coming. but the story is pretty mixed, it kinda fluctuates between funny and annoying
>>
>>332359714
thanks it's been a few years
>>
>>332359027
It was still much more original and refreshing than off's, which was by far the rpg's weakest department.
>>
>>332359356
>neo-v
>>
File: le_batteur.png (3 KB, 48x48) Image search: [Google]
le_batteur.png
3 KB, 48x48
I rather enjoyed the Batter's semblance.
>>
Same. Batter was more memorable and unique than Ness clone. Fighting him as the final boss was mindblowing, the game brilliantly foreshadows it like when Sugar refers to him as a ducky
>>
File: 17210[1].jpg (30 KB, 300x223) Image search: [Google]
17210[1].jpg
30 KB, 300x223
Goblet Grotto
>>
>>332362428
this is made by the same guy as space funeral and it's great
>>
>>332362796
it is unironically my GOAT, the catamites is a genius
>>
>>332359183
have you played either of them?
have you seen screenshots of either of them?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.