[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I play this on my PC? I heard motion controls are required
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: zss2.jpg (502 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
zss2.jpg
502 KB, 1440x900
How do I play this on my PC?
I heard motion controls are required so what would I need to buy besides a wiimote?
>>
A Wii.
>>
>>332348557
A Wii sensor bar
>>
>>332348557
A wiimote with either built in motion plus or a wiimote plus, is what you need

You will also need a way to connect the wiimote to your pc, such as a bluetooth adapter or dolphinbar

You will also need a sensor bar or a dolphinbar

A dolphinbar is the superior choice for the previous two as it's two birds with one stone, assuming you have neither already

Finally a good enough PC to run dolphin at full speed

Additionally, you need the patience to sit through the worst Zelda game
>>
>>332348641
pretty much this. you can connect the wiimote to the pc but it won't give you motion control unless you have the sensor bar connected and powered up

(alternatively i heard you can use two candles or something to act as a sensor bar, you might want to read up on it)
>>
>>332348905
>2 candles
lmao
If you're gonna drop the Wii altogether in favor of emulation might as well get an USB sensor bar.
I'm kinda jelly, my computer is too shit to run dolphin and those game looks gorgeous at higher resolutions. sucks being poor.
>>
>>332349209
Get a WiiU. It upscales Wii games. Funny thing is that Nintendo made games look great for the Wii by creating all its assets with 1080p in mind.
>>
File: 1271504954237.png (72 KB, 182x204) Image search: [Google]
1271504954237.png
72 KB, 182x204
>tfw upgrade my PC to handle emulation and the current gen games
>tfw don't know if I'll be able to handle emulating the virtual console because n64 emulators have failed me and I want to play Paper Mario 64
>tfw there's talk that WiiU will soon be emulatable and I feel like my new PC doesn't have the power to handle that

Someone please save me.
>>
>>332349597
Already have a Wii U, funny enough
If it weren't for the required game I would have hacked the vwii side of it by now.
>>
>>332349601
you seriously cant figure out how to emulate the n64? jesus
>>
>>332348843
http://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-W010-Wireless-Sensor-DolphinBar/dp/B00HZWEB74
73usd
http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Wii-Console-Black-Sports-Resort/dp/B009M72E5Q
95usd

When are they going to emulate the wiimotion+ proper? I mean it's unreasonably expensive and with vr there are now alternatives - BETTER alternatives.
>>
>>332349209
>I'm kinda jelly, my computer is too shit to run dolphin and those game looks gorgeous at higher resolutions. sucks being poor.
They don't run well. I have a 4790k and even then audio stuttering is frequent enough to greatly diminish the gaming experience. I honestly prefer playing on an actual Wii. It may not look good, but it at least plays smoothly, which is more important to me
>>
You can manage most of the game, but a lot of segments (the first boss specifically) requires a lot more movement than just arbitrary swinging and will kill you over and over again.
>>
>>332349846
>73usd
What? Dolphinbar is $20, and buying a Wii is not all you need to get everything running on PC.
>>
Youre better off watching a full lets play on youtube than actually playing this game.
>>
>>332348557
>chromatic aberration
>>
>>332349601
is this bait or are you really not able to emulate n64?
>>
>>332348557
Never played a Zelda game after TP. Why did they make the UI so overblown and shitty?
>>
>>332350172
You've got to be joking, figuring out the swordplay on your own is mind-blowing.
>>
>>332348557
Nunchuck I guess.

I just bought a used wii and soft modded it and now I can play all the Wii games I like, also a SWEET emulation machine. N64, PS1, SNES, Genesis, and GBA are perfect.
>>
>>332349779
>he doesn't own brawl
kill yourself
>>
>>332348843
So a Wiimote with Dolphinbar is enough?
Also what's wiimote plus? Are there multiple versions of the wiimote? I thought it's only different color
>>
>>332350530
I broke it
>>
>>332349791
>>332350253
I guess not, I kept getting graphical errors in PM using project64.
>>
>>332350138
You need a wii motion+ to go with that dolphin bar.
>>
>>332350661
Try a different graphics plugin then, moron.
>>
>>332350012
You're either lying or too retarded to set up dolphin properly. SS runs fine 99% of the time for me, there's only some audio popping on a few cutscenes probably due to my shitty GPU (6870), otherwise most cutscenes and all the gameplay segments ran perfectly at 1080p.
>>
>>332349597
Wii U doesn't render Wii games in HD like Dolphin Emulation can.
Although yeah, it does upscale the video output at least.
>>
>>332350530
Why the hell would anyone willingly own Brawl
>>
>>332350776
Well, even still, wouldn't it be better to emulate through Dolphin if I'm able? I suppose I can try out different plugins if I can't, but having to jump through hoops to get a certain fractured emulator to work when there's a more powerful one laying around that can do the job seems silly.
>>
>>332350728
So let's just compare the retail price of everything in column A with the cheapest of cheap USED prices in column B, many of which may have missing pieces including those we actually need

I sure hope you're going into medicine, we need more geniuses like you
>>
>>332350845
I'm not saying it's constantly stuttering, I'm saying there's a hiccup once a minute or so. It's very possible I don't have it configured right, but it's very probable that small details like this bother me much more than they do ordinary people

Also I've never actually tried SS since I hate it. The only game I've played from start to finish with dolphin is galaxy 2, and that's where I was having the stuttering problem
>>
>>332348557
http://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-W010-Wireless-Sensor-DolphinBar/dp/B00HZWEB74

These are perfect for wii emulation. Don't bother buying one if you just want to play SS because the game is trash.

Get it if you want to emulate other wii games though.
>>
>>332351309
you must be genuinely retarded
>>
>>332350643
Wii motion plus has enhanced sensors (gyroscope, accelerometer.) Modern Wiimotes come with it (look for the declaration) or you can get an upgrade module that plugs into the slot that the nunchuck does (but still allows for a nunchuch or other attachment.
>>
>>332351309
Just try out Nemu, or other emulators. I have never emulated anything with more ease than the N64.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.