[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Raccoon City was 18 years ago >The mansion incident was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: zombie.jpg (50 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
zombie.jpg
50 KB, 900x600
>Raccoon City was 18 years ago
>The mansion incident was 18 years ago
>Wesker died 7 years ago
>Most of the major Resident Evil characters are in their 40s now
>Sherry is 30
>Even Moira is now older than Leon and Claire were in RE2
>yfw

What should be done with the Resident Evil series at this point? If RE7 is the last in the series, how would you end it?
>>
Global saturation.
>>
>>332347835
>If RE7 is the last in the series
It won't be

>Sherry is 30
Christ
>>
>>332347835
Leon dies protecting Claire/Ada
Barry develops Alzheimer and can no longer remember anyone.
Chris sacrifices himself to give Jill an advantage in some super important fight
Jill vows to continue Chris' ideals to rid the world of BOW/Evil corporations
Jake and Sherry create an underground anti BOW/whatever the evil group they're fighting against community
Wesker's DNA that has been kept stored away is now being used to create a NemesisWesker monster who's sole purpose to kill all his former enemies.
Jill is killed by Wesker defending Sherri
Sherri and Jake combine their powers with an ailing Barry Burton to finally destroy Wesker once and for all
Moira sits in her room brooding all day
>>
They honestly should've ended at 3.
>>
Sherry can't age, so her listed age is pointless, she is effectively immortal, she's exactly what Spencer was trying to be.
>>
>>332348717
I guess no one likes Shiva enough to include her in anything.
>>
>Moria is now older than RE2 Claire/Leon.

jesus christ this was the first thing to make me feel old.

why couldn't we go back and get more sequels right after RE2/and RE3?
>>
>>332348850
Sheva is with Josh on the other side of the world. I guess I can include her in a cut scene somewhere giving pointless information or a pep talk.
>>
>>332348825
You never end a cash cow until it sells nothing, anon.
You ruin it so much, that either it changes the fanbase completely, or dies.
>>
>>332349136
RE effectively died with RE3 anyways, it was the last one made by any of the people who had any talent.

RE4 was a complete fluke made by someone basically removed from the OG cast and someone from the OG cast and was the Swan Song.

Code Veronica shows this perfectly, in development nearly the same time and is, beyond its incredible length, inferior to RE3.
>>
>>332348828
she can't age? why the fuck is she an adult now? she should have stayed in that loli body forever.
>>
File: 1318097618671.jpg (17 KB, 416x331) Image search: [Google]
1318097618671.jpg
17 KB, 416x331
>>332349447
Yeah.
>tfw no RE3 MMO never
Will it ever stop hurting?
>>
>>332347835

>last in the series

Son as long as a game series makes enough money it is never done. There is no artistic integrity in video games, every company will pump out sequel after sequel after sequel until the series is dead because they don't look at it as a work of art they just want to sell it to as many people as possible
>>
>>332349548
the G-Virus didn't fully gestate until she was an adult, she couldn't Regenerate till then.

she's effectively 21 forever.
>>
>>332349548
>loli body forever is better
Kill yourself pedo.
>>
>>332347835
Prequel beat-em-up where you play as Wesker.
>>
>>332348850
Shiv-who?
>>
File: Shev.jpg (528 KB, 1687x3596) Image search: [Google]
Shev.jpg
528 KB, 1687x3596
>>332349840
>>
>>332349548
she can't decay, or age past prime, her cells are constantly regenerating in a perfect, and hyper accelerated rate.

she will never experience what we consider "aging" or dying of old age or any sort of organ failure or cancer.
>>
>>332347835
The characters should just keep staying the same young age. Then make good games with them in the original Resident Evil format.
>>
File: jill sandwich.jpg (138 KB, 500x340) Image search: [Google]
jill sandwich.jpg
138 KB, 500x340
When are Jill and Claire going to have Chris' kids?
Their clocks are ticking.
>>
It should have ended at RE5 with a reboot to start off fresh.
>>
>>332347835
Treat REmake HD/0 HD as a soft reboot, continue on with remaking 2 and 3, and carry on the story like nothing after that happened.
>>
File: 1439092263285.png (425 KB, 486x495) Image search: [Google]
1439092263285.png
425 KB, 486x495
No

Resident Evil 2 and 3 Remake and then lets call it a day
>>
File: 1294892099677.jpg (51 KB, 256x330) Image search: [Google]
1294892099677.jpg
51 KB, 256x330
>>332347835
>Less than a year until I am 30.

It hurts and I don't know why.
>>
>>332349959
So she's the perfect case of a human bonding with a virus pretty much.
>>
>>332350280
*deus ex machina.
>>
They like to introduce new blood in each game, only to immediately forget they exist and use Jill, Chris, Claire, and Leon for the millionth time.
>>
>>332350386
It's RE so I'm used to it.
>>
>>332350280
because Umbrella are idiots, all their viruses are incredibly powerful and mutative.

the G-Virus for instance, is basically completely insane as a concept, there is no way you can work towards transhumanism with it.

it literally took someone to 90% partially cure someone (sherry) from one of their viruses, to get something akin to a result that Spencer was going for.
>>
I would make some bullshit like the live action Resident Evil movies, zombies and bow's taking over the world and having a cast of all surviving characters to play as. Slightly open world ie choose location to do stuff in to achieve your goal (make cure, modify human race to survive, escape to space, mystery option)

Actual gameplay would be stealth based, only resorting to guns when BOW's, zombie animals and plagas are after you, there would be an overall map like farcry 3 except you would be able to actually lose your "outposts" to hordes of zombies. Enemies from every game would obviously be included. There would be some manage elements and you would only have a limited number of AI helpers so you would need to win before the game became unwinnable due to it just being you and no AI meat shields.
>>
>>332347835
Heroes fail, world is overrun, credits are a five minute movie of everything on the planet dying and getting turned.Last twenty seconds are a space view of the planet's lights slowly dimming and then blinking out as the electricity runs out.
>>
>>332348825
It feels like the series wasn't meant to progress beyond 1998.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.