[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Franchises That Attract the Most Shitposters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: Bloodborne-cover-819x1024.jpg (308 KB, 819x1024) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne-cover-819x1024.jpg
308 KB, 819x1024
What is it about these franchises that attracts the most shitposters and absolute worst of neo-/v/? Why do the people that seemlingly only play and like these games even come and use /v/ and discredit any other games as weeb shit, western shit, triple a shit, indie shit, etc.?
>Dark Souls
>Kojima shit (primarily metal gear)
>Devil May Cry
>Anything concerning Nintendo
>Earthbound
>Undertale
>>
>>332344805
Dark souls doesnt attract shit posters from dark souls as much as it attracts sonyggers to cry about their one game being worth the price of a console+$50
>>
>>332344805
They do things different.
If you don't think games are serious business and your only enjoyment in life to the point you argue tooth and nail, you don't belong here.
>>
Because you keep replying.
>>
>>332345180
Why does something like Dark Souls, Metal Gear, or Earthbound attract the worst of neo-/v/ but Final Fantasy 4, Yakuza 2, Gears of War, or Ridge Racer does not?
>>
>>332345656
Because noone gives a shit about them, it's easier to shitpost about a franchise using broad generalizations like saying an entire series is filled with shitposters rather than specific shit noone.
>>
>>332345865
noone cares about.
>>
File: 1442584436152.jpg (29 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1442584436152.jpg
29 KB, 640x480
>>332345013
>this response

see this is what I mean. Why does this series attract the type of people that think like this. I see a recurring trend of what represents a neo-/v/ shitposter.

>liking all series listed in OP
>having a smug anime or cropped doujin as your avatar or reaction image
>using terms like sonygger, nintenyearold, xboner, dudebro, lel, kek frequently
>reciting /pol/ memes incessantly in every sentence
>actually verbally speaking memes and using terms like cuck and top lel in real life or anywhere else for attention
>having a pc and primarily gaming on it
>being in college
>liking loli but hating pedophilia
>acting ironic and showing a general dislike for anything

the list goes on. why is neo-/v/ so large and generally bad? just go to the /v/ steam chat or that demdils steam chat. It's just horrible. They don't even speak English. Just spout memes and act ironic
>>
File: toughlife.jpg (7 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
toughlife.jpg
7 KB, 320x180
NMA/RPG Codex shitters
and i got a theory about it, they are emotionally immature so they have unrealistic emotional attachments to long lasting RPGs

so they end up shitposting the franchise for literally fucking years, mass effect, KOTOR, fallout

usually its low barrier to entry RPGs like those listed, because more classic RPGs either the people are just older, or have a higher barrier for entry so it puts off the emotionally unstable plebs
>>
>>332345865
>Because noone gives a shit about them
see now you sound like neo-/v/ making these inane generalizations and having your entire worldview skewed by memes and what happens on /v/.

The Gears of War series as well as Final Fantasy has sold tremendously more than the likes of Metal Gear, Dark Souls, or Earthbound. I want to know what is it about these franchises and other ones in particular that attract the absolute WORST of neo-/v/.
>>
>>332344805
>started off as an exclusive
>went multiplat
>released another exclusive game

This is the perfect recipe to provoke consolewar shitposting.
>>
>>332344805
Any series that gets ported to PC.
>>
>>332344805
lol idiots actually enjoy 20 fps games. blows me away
>>
>>332345540
What game, i need to get my /trash/ on.
>>
>>332346973
this. danganronpa and most anime fighting games or japanese games stand to show this, but no matter what, the numbers don't lie. pc gaming does not make more when it comes to ported games like these. danganronpa 1 and guilty gear xrd are proof.
>>
File: stop turning the pages.jpg (125 KB, 800x540) Image search: [Google]
stop turning the pages.jpg
125 KB, 800x540
undertale

it's a game made by a shitposter for shitposters
>>
>>332347551
OP already mentioned it
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.