[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 27
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 232x160) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 232x160
What went wrong?
>>
Everything.
>>
ArenaNet
>>
>>332344036
They took the Original, then tossed it in the trash and shit out a new "plot"
Then just to make sure it was dead, they added a 90% SJW/Feminazi writing staff for the story.
>>
No endgame other than grinding skins.
>>
>>332344164
/thread
>>
>>332344036
>Hit max level within a week
>Nothing to do at PvE endgame but the same 5 man

>Only thing to come out after a few months is fractals
>>
Colin Johanson.

He's fired now, but it'll take a while to clean up the mess he left behind.
>>
>>332344309
>>332344406
PvP?
>>
It's a MMORPG.
>>
A laughable lack of competence among managing staff.
>>
File: frogwars2.png (595 KB, 2543x2338) Image search: [Google]
frogwars2.png
595 KB, 2543x2338
I'm not sure how much of this still holds up, but it gets the job done.
>>
>>332344164
yep
>>
They canned the beautifully complex skill system of the first one, then replaced it with weapon based Moba trash. Fucking garbage.
>>
File: gw2-white-wings-backpack-set.jpg (231 KB, 942x768) Image search: [Google]
gw2-white-wings-backpack-set.jpg
231 KB, 942x768
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Legendary-weapons-6
>Mike O Brian says there will be no more legendary on work for this year because it too much work ie lied
>shit out tons and tons of NEW gemshop bullshit
And there are people that are defending this. Good thing this kind of this is against EU law when it comes to selling 50% content of an Expansion.
>>
>>332344568
Regular PvP was boring Domination with a side objective, and nothing else.

World v World was a clusterfuck with alot of running from spawn to the battle because fuck you, no mounts.
>>
The only thing that ever goes wrong in a game is someone subjectively losing the desire to find something fun to do in it.

I've recently surpassed my WoW /played time in GW2 (nearly 400 days iirc) and I don't ever see myself running out of content keeping me interested.

Are there times when I grind something repeatedly? Sure.
Are there times when I craft the same thing repeatedly? Sure.
Are there times when I visit the same zone a lot? Sure.

But you shift gears and do something else for a time and then the content you dreaded repeating is suddenly refreshed.

Guild Wars 2 is my favorite game of all time. :)
>>
>>332344906
Congrats, nobody else likes it
>>
File: 1452978818351.jpg (397 KB, 827x1223) Image search: [Google]
1452978818351.jpg
397 KB, 827x1223
>>332344906
>>
>>332344406

>months/year long content droughts
>makes old content obsolete in an effort to push the groundwork of something else, before just abandoning that too
>3 years to release weapon skins for new legendaries, while the rest got put on hold despite being advertised in the half-baked expansion people paid $50-100 for
>only the cash shop full of shitty $7-20 backpack skins receives regular updates

could just go on and on cause it's literally everything is shit with those devs
>>
>>332344906
Are you some weird Chinese slave that grew up farming WoW gold and are so emotionally scarred that now, even after being freed from Gold Farming, you still need endless grinding just to feel like you exist?
>>
>>332345032
>nobody else likes it

I'm sure you wanted this game to be your next big thing when it came out and I'm sorry it didn't turn out that way, OP but you need to move on and stop making (insert game you disliked) hate threads.

Before you know it, you'll have spent more time hating games than actually playing and enjoying them. :)
>>
>>332344830
even woodenpotatoes sounded pissed off in his latest video
lmao

finally the normies are waking up
>>
>>332345370
I'm not OP, but when I played the beta I proudly yelled that this was gonna kill WoW, but nope, just another MMO with no endgame.
>>
>>332344787
Yeah, this pretty much still nails it. Except it doesn't cover how much worse the expansion made everything. And I mean everything.
>>
>>332344906
I actually really like the base core concepts like exploration based questing and the combat system it's just that everything else is shit and a shitty endgame and overall terrible handling of the game by the devs since the game launched (and before desu) makes me not want to play it. That being said it's certainly not as grindy as other games and you can see progress toward a lot of goals that you can set for yourself so that's nice.
>>
>>332344036
No defined class rolls. Which then led to bad dungeon design.
>>
File: 1436051914593.png (1 MB, 1393x1079) Image search: [Google]
1436051914593.png
1 MB, 1393x1079
>>332345371
The forum and reddit all have buy remorse about the game and its a good fucking thing to see that many of them admit that the expansion they release was an uncompleted shitfest, enrage that they have people, 70 developers to be exact, working on the NEXT expansion, and that they will not buy it if they didn't bother finishing the one they have now.
>>
>>332345779
I can ignore that it's not a GW 1 game but my god if they fuck up the story so much. Combine with how they didn't bother to fix WvW or nerfing the dungeon and fractal reward, it seem they just want to pull those niche playerbase off their own game.
>>
>>332345636
I never fucked with the expansion. How much worse did it make everything?
>>
The driving force behind every MMO which keeps players going is ENVY towards another player.

You're a level 5 scrub and you see this fucking huge max level dude in his godly shining armor and flaming sword, and you want to become as cool as him someday, so you put more effort into play.

This doesn't exist in GW2 because LOL EVERY WEAPON DOES THE SAME DAMAGE and THE ONLY PROGRESSION YOU CAN GET IS SKINS and thus all incentive to play is lost.
>>
File: OOMLI.gif (1 MB, 478x218) Image search: [Google]
OOMLI.gif
1 MB, 478x218
>>332344036
>never played it, two friends play it, buy it three months before HoT so at least I dont spend too much money in one go and maybe get bonus for loyalty
>hey new playas, core game for free with HoT! What, you already have core game? Ugh, have character slot (measly few hundreds gems for literally 40€) and stop oppressing me

They rused me nicely, not buying HoT unless it goes for around 10€ and prefer Nostalrius WoW
>>
They decided not to make an mmorpg, but a land that is all about platforming in a fantasy setting.
Everything else, and I mean everything from lore, fighting, game play, crafting economy, rewards, comes second.

They took out mobs because it would be too much work for them, they never bothered to give monsters intelligent AI behaviours, they are dumber than GW1 except for a few dungeon bosses. This equals to mindlessly grinding through the game, especially with the fuck up on meaningful conditions and stacking.

Combat is simple, it's not complex or challenging since there are only 5 skills per weapon, then another 5 that rarely changes, since the enemy is too dumb to require changing for the situation, and the talent system enforces you to use only 4 of that type you spec in.

They make excuses, they are marketing shillers that filled the game with promises, and delivered 20% what people asked while doing the easiest solution for it, or the path where they profit from it.

Lets make a game with shit customization options, funnel people to use store bought items, they even went blizzard tier on their gold economy, and would ban but not fix on their faults with bugs that cripple the economy.
>>
Vee must be getting very bored due to the lack of games, because this is like the fourth gw2 thread in few days.

They must be rabid about DS3 because they know there's literally no more games after that, for months at least.
>>
>>332349338

>>332344830
The latest news basically kill the playerbase and rob the players of their money.
>>
>>332348745
Fucking this
>>
File: 1456012410588.jpg (66 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1456012410588.jpg
66 KB, 960x960
>>332344406
>For years, most of the living world updates were mechanically wonky and bad minigames
>Little of the content pushed the combat system and group dynamics at all
>The best living world content was a series of jumping puzzles

What a fucking joke.
>>
File: R8I18FP.jpg (209 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
R8I18FP.jpg
209 KB, 1920x1080
>>332348745
I mean the godly shiny armor and weapons aren't handed to you. Like you can still spot new players with welfare gear and it will take them a long time to look comparable to the guy shooting lightning from his ass
>>
File: 1456974302370.jpg (2 MB, 3150x2910) Image search: [Google]
1456974302370.jpg
2 MB, 3150x2910
Still no one posted it?

I wasted 3 year in this shit game btw, cant wait for it to die. HoT killed what little fun I had in PvP.
>>
>>332351436
But the guy shooting lightning from his ass just LOOKS nicer than them. They know that they're on equal footing stat wise.
>>
>>332348745
>LOL EVERY WEAPON DOES THE SAME DAMAGE and THE ONLY PROGRESSION YOU CAN GET IS SKINS
Isn't this kind of the same thing in GW1?
I mean, aside from weapon and armor mods some Droks 1k set is the same as Obsidian
>>
If I could wipe one game from ever existing, it would be Guild Wars 2. It absolutely kills me that this game exists. Guild Wars was such a huge part of my life, and I spent years hyped for its sequel. This game is fucking garbage.

Its not like they didn't have the budget.

It isn't as if they didn't have the development time.

It isn't as if they didn't already have a market/audience.

It isn't as if they didn't already have an established world with great lore.

It isn't as if they didn't have a game before it with three wonderful expansions and solid gameplay loved for years by millions.

They actively chose to make it what it is. This is what they wanted. Fuck those people. They can all choke on a dick and die.
>>
File: 1456190855177.jpg (94 KB, 410x599) Image search: [Google]
1456190855177.jpg
94 KB, 410x599
>>332351953
I feel you pain Annon.
Gw2 needs to be aborted.
>>
File: Half expansion.png (154 KB, 1109x444) Image search: [Google]
Half expansion.png
154 KB, 1109x444
>>332347609
>the expansion isn't even finish
>dungeon reward is nerf and nobody does it
>Fractal reward is nerf and you have to pay gold to open the reward chest now
>mastery is just grind to timegate/make the expansion longer
>PvP is P2W with the Elite Spec
>When it not a P2W, pushing PvP to be the next ESPORT is all they do and the balancing suffer for it
>did nothing to WvW and WvW suffer for the lack of update
>there are more new cashshop items than weapon/armor skins from the Expansions
>the story is stupid: Trahearne is now a Martyr because we have to fight the dragon in the mind
>Sylvari is still the main focus and many of the Living Story "friends" didn't grow as a character at all
>after the latest news, no more new legendary after finishing 3. Their was was 16
>4 new maps that nobody does any more
>Guild Hall was underwhelming and require a stupid amount of grind to get a fucking chair
>speaking of Guild Halls, you have to be in a giant guild to get anything at all for your guild because fuck you small guild
>remember those holiday events? Yeah, it's either cash shop or tremendous grind
>content drought for 6 month after the release of the Heart of Thorns

>>332348745
Except this was a things for many mmo even before GW 2 took a stab at it?
>>
>>332344830
It makes sense, why make something for free when you can use that time to squeeze the remaining retards for more cash. They have already blown any good will they had many times over, all that is left is to milk it until it shuts down.
>>
>>332351724
And Guild Wars was dead within a year with only a small cult following remaining, so his point still stands.
>>
File: 1413752654103.jpg (83 KB, 645x555) Image search: [Google]
1413752654103.jpg
83 KB, 645x555
>>332352083

Just take me back anon. Take me back to being 15 again staying up all night playing Guild Wars factions with my group of best buddies, juggling all the guild drama and playing random arena until sunrise waiting for that special someone to log on and whisper me.
>>
>>332352232
Ultimately it was a better design decision, and it works.
>>
>>332351714
They were talking about looks in the post. But even then that's not the case because of traits and quality of armor. A scaled down level 80 in level 80 berserker gear hits harder than a level 5 level appropriate power gear
>>
well unlike the salty gw1 nostalgiafags who never shut up, my only problem was that anet updates at a crawling pace. they introduced sub classes with the expansion and we probably wont even get more until fucking next year or something. and yeah i played gw1 3000 hours just get over it already.
>>
>>332344036
It was barely sequel to a great game
>>
>>332344406
>had a good time leveling my mage
>got to max level
>realized I had no desire to keep playing now that im done leveling
>quit
>>
>>332352098
>>Sylvari is still the main focus and many of the Living Story "friends" didn't grow as a character at all
I wish that were the case. In HoT any sort of sylvari narrative was dropped as soon as it was introduced. The paranoia about them being minions resulted in nothing
>>
>>332344305
exactly this

they should've just made Guild Wars 2.0
>>
>>332348745
you never liked guild wars in the first place if this is your biggest problem.

though they should really drop any pre-tense of giving a shit about gw1 and just make ascending loot, everything else is standard mmo fare at this point.
>>
>>332352459
> we probably wont even get more until fucking next year or something.

Enjoy your abandoned sub class framework like all the other abandoned frameworks.
>>
>>332352459
You don't need to play GW 1 to know that GW 2 itself keep getting bad with all the bad decision that Anet keep making for it, most of it explain by this image >>332344787
>>
>>332352901
i dont need an image i play(ed) it. and yes of course theres a laundry list of problems. just tired of the people who can only manage a "muh nostalgia".
>>
>Raid introduced for a completely different audience from the gw one and mandatory ascended armor for optimal build efficency during raiding not to mention accesso to high level fractals (oh you want to do content that doesn't make you snore? well you have to go past this number gimmick that decides if you die instantly or not when the boss snezes at you first! then you can maul his gigantic HP bar for 10 minutes and....well that's it, there's isn't even a reward! we just made it hard for the sake of it! FUN LOL

god damn someone fucking kill this game already, even ESO is better than this crap
>>
>>332353172
That is more of a playerbase issue and Neo Anet repeatedly backstab and betray their playerbase so much it makes me wonder how anyone will still trust them or believe their lies.
>>
>>332351724
>Isn't this kind of the same thing in GW1?
it worked in guildwars cause you had 2 classes and hundreds or skills to pick from
gear wasnt the determining factor the skills picked were
two lvl 20 wa/mo with identical equips but different skills would play differently

guildwars 2 took away your choices you stick with the same 5 skills the whole game and the ones you can pick all feel the same
>>
>>332353635
>ToR start out shitty while GW 2 start out strong
>NeoAnet neglect their fanbase and made the game worse and worse while ToR started building up from their crappy launch
>3 years later, ToR and GW 2 switch position
There is something wrong when a company like EA look into the game problem and fix it but NeoAnet couldn't
>>
>>332353635
>games almost 4 years old
>they still dont know how to offer people upward progression

shit man im telling you they will introduce standard mmo gear and then you can officially stick a fork in this game.
>>
>>332354264
lol lets be real here, its fucking star wars. people will play it no matter what. EA knew it which is why they didnt get hasty and pull the plug.
>>
Reminder

Kekai Kotaki left before GW2 launched. GW lost its art style.

Jeremy Soule stopped doing the OST for GW2 and raged about piracy or some shit. GW lost it's iconic music and main composer.

Patrick Wyatt and Jeff Strain left before GW2 launched. GW lost TWO of it's THREE FOUNDERS, leaving behind a hole in leadership.

Emily Diehl left before GW2 launched. GW lost its past Community and Content manager that joined ArenaNet in 2006 in favor of chasing after Jeff Strain.

James Phinney left before GW2 launched. GW lost its Game Design Team Lead to chase after Jeff Strain. Past experience in Warcraft II and Diablo, then as lead designer and producer on StarCraft.

John Hargrove left before GW2 launched. A member who was there in 2005, he was the designer for the items and rewards of GW1 and GW2. His favorite creation was Nicholas the Traveler and Professor Yakkington. GW lost its rewards.

Doug Williams left before GW2 launched. Concept artist for ArenaNet.. FOR SEVEN YEARS. Left to chase after Jeff Strain, GW lost its concept art.

Xia Taptarakunekane, or Xia Taptara, was another concept artist who left before GW2 launched to chase after Jeff Strain.

Jaime Jones, another concept artist and a member of ArenaNet between the years of 2006 and 2008, left ArenaNet. More blows to concept art.
>GW2 became shit because Jeff Strain left during development
>Jeff Strain leaving crippled the company
>Jeff Strain leaving left irreversible, permanent damage
>Izaiah Cartweight still in ArenaNet
>Angel McCoy, with rejected works since 2007 and no known marks in GW1, still works in ArenaNet
>Kristen Bornemann still Head of Development, has not touched GW1 and holds no redeemable game titles on her record from Warner Bros. Games and Microsoft besides Alan Wake
>Crystin Cox still allowed inside ArenaNet HQ in Washington, past experiences at Nexon and NCSoft. Monetization Producer for GW2.
>>
>>332345371
>even woodenpotatoes sounded pissed off

You know what he is pissed off about? The original creator of Guild Wars 1, FOUNDER of Arenanet is now the director of Guild Wars 2 again and he told the 6 developers locked in the basement working on stupid rainbow horse throwing weapons for autists to stop doing that stupid shit and instead work on ACTUAL CONTENT for the core game, how shockingly dreadful! We won't get new shiny stupid grind retarded ass clown weapons and actual content instead! how fucking DARE they! jesus fuck! amirite?! :OO
>>
>>332354487
Let be real here, Guild Wars 2 kept being advertise as one of the most populated mmo and almost has a monopoly with the B2P market, but NeoAnet didn't do a thing about it and keep making things worse. They had the opportunity and they fuck it.
>>
>>332352232
>And Guild Wars was dead within a year

7 million players is being dead now, go choke on a dick retard
>>
>>332348745

>I am an expert
>here's my retarded opinion

fucking kill yourself Blizzshill
>>
>>332354642
the whales in this game live for dress up so i can believe some people would actually be pissed with that decision

>>332354731
what are you even saying?
>>
What went wrong is that this game wasn't made for MMORPG fans.

I was never a fan of the genre:
>I will never pay a subscription fee for a game
>I prefer to play singleplayer games or co-op in a small group
>I hate point-n-click autoattack combat
>I never min-max in my RPGs, I "roleplay" instead; I don't care about super duper elite gear or crafting, I just equip what I like from stuff I pick up
>gameplay > story, I know the writing in this game is hilariously awful but it doesn't bother me

I thought Guild Wars 2 was fantastic:
>no subscription fee
>inherently cooperative and unintrusive multiplayer with lots of content to complete alone or with a friend or two
>combat is practically an action RPG, with satisfying attacks and movement, even if it's not very deep
>I was never left wanting for cooler or stronger gear and sold a lot of materials for gold
>the mix of engaging combat with some nifty platforming made the game very fun for me

Now they've fucked around with it so much in patches and other stuff without really adding anything I'd like to see, so I'm done with it, but I really liked it in the first couple years.
>>
>buy game on release
>somewhat decent
>stop playing

>want to come back to it
>see that game has gone f2p and new players can just purchase the xpac

Why the fuck would I go back to a game where the devs shaft their playerbase
>>
File: sab.png (1 MB, 587x757) Image search: [Google]
sab.png
1 MB, 587x757
>>332351320
>SAB was literally the only good Living Story Content, and it was an APRIL FOOL
>other living story devs are butt hurt by it and made sure SAB never happen again
>the last time SAB open was two and half years ago
Christ, I wonder how many people did they scam with the Infinite Continue Coin cashshop sell, which cost like 10 real life dollars
>>
File: FREE GAME.png (154 KB, 1106x388) Image search: [Google]
FREE GAME.png
154 KB, 1106x388
>>332356000
Can you imagine how much backlash had happen when they sold the game for 10 dollars for months and then in E3, outright state that you need to buy the expansion at full price because lolmorenewplayers?
>>
File: bjahahanajabubra.png (628 KB, 928x1065) Image search: [Google]
bjahahanajabubra.png
628 KB, 928x1065
>>332356460
>Buenaobra
Cancer in every form
>>
File: 1448810168868.jpg (76 KB, 610x660) Image search: [Google]
1448810168868.jpg
76 KB, 610x660
>>332356226
Wasn't there a forum post where a dev literally said SAB would never be coming back?

I just remembered. There was.
>>
>>332356805
Those fuckers make me miss vespoids
>>
>>332344531
You can't clean up an MMO without shutting it down and restarting from scratch.

FFXIV learned this to some extent.

WoW should do this but can't shut down their cash cow.

GW2 can never do this since their playerbase is quite possibly the most vocal minority in existence (sjw) and the backlash would implode ANet.

It's too late.
>>
>>332357005
http://pastebin.com/uZeDK8vX
Some players bitch about it being too hard (it's not), some bitch about the nerf rewards (I agree with them), and when the dev in charge of the project tries to communicate with the players in the forum, he got in trouble with his boss about it, had a nervous break down, and accepted that everything was his fault.
>>
>>332344406
>Nothing to do at PvE endgame but the same 5 man
Ascended Gear
Dungeons
Fractals
PvP Guides
Gearing Guides
Crafting Guides
Crafting and some other guides
World Boss Timers
Legendary Weapons
Jumping Puzzles
Silverwastes Chest Farm
Map Completion
WvW Guide
Exotic Hunter
Mawdrey
Commander Tag
Treasure Hunter
General Achievements
>>
File: Cock.jpg (111 KB, 573x815) Image search: [Google]
Cock.jpg
111 KB, 573x815
>>332344531
Except he is the speaker for the devs. This doesn't change the fact that the devs are still shit
>>
>>332357408
RAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

THE POINT OF THE GAME IS TO HAVE A FUN GUILD TO HANG WITH BUT THERE ARE NO RAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSS
>>
someone post that noddle fat bitch picture.

I cant remember what her name was. Some chinese noodle something.
>>
File: two tran and a hamburger.png (431 KB, 840x404) Image search: [Google]
two tran and a hamburger.png
431 KB, 840x404
>>332357838
>>
>>332357202
Arena Net COULD in all honesty. They have some fantastic developers working there... They just have an equal amount of fucking shitty devs and some HORRIBLE HORRIBLE management. Whenever Arena Net actually tries they put out some great stuff. They just have some real shit devs stinking up the company, and some fuckheaded project managers (like colin)
>>
>>332357949
>works for ANet
>more openly advertises her FFXIV name and class
That's beautiful
>>
File: Brave.png (1 MB, 798x1782) Image search: [Google]
Brave.png
1 MB, 798x1782
>>332358319
>shove his fetish/agenda into the game
>does not play the game he makes and just plays the competition
>>
File: trans lesbian ff14.jpg (719 KB, 607x1831) Image search: [Google]
trans lesbian ff14.jpg
719 KB, 607x1831
>>332358319
He loves to tweet about it
>>
>>332357949
other one

she is wearing white
>>
>>332351517
>ree soesbee has to work with these people.
>>
>>332357331
That pastebin sounds like he's working for the wrong game
>>
>>332358697
hamburger helper!!??!!

thats her name!
>>
>>332358590
the npc is whatever and makes sense lore wise cause of mesmers. i really hate the lesbian duo though, but thats more about the story being shit in general.
>>
File: smile of a jew.jpg (610 KB, 2368x2368) Image search: [Google]
smile of a jew.jpg
610 KB, 2368x2368
>>332358697
This one?
>>
File: 78scv.jpg (181 KB, 1012x693) Image search: [Google]
78scv.jpg
181 KB, 1012x693
>>332359029
nah, that one.
>>
>>332358590
>>332358995
>Marjory was suppose to die that season
>Loud minority threatened to drop the game if she died
>Kasmeer and Marjory Super Scissor Squad still running around being one dimensional lesbians
>>
>>332344787
Based Frog Poster. I remember that thread.
>>
>>332354642
But anon. They sold an expansion on the promise that there would be more actual content AND grindy clown weapons. They've delivered on none of those and cancelled the weapons. That's what people are mad about. No one would've been mad if they hadn't said repeatedly for 3 years that more legendaries are coming. But they did that and then announced a cancellation and one (a fucking shortbow used by 2/9 of the classes) thing to show for it. That makes people wonder what the hell they've been doing
>>
>>332359778
More cash shop stuff, duh! Ganna milk the remaining fanbase for more money!
>>
>>332360373
Jesus, that looks terrible
>>
>>332359474
>Loud minority threatened to drop the game if she died
This never happened. No one cares about any of the characters in guild wars 2
>>
>>332361264
It was on the official forum
>>
File: 9a7dbDominator.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
9a7dbDominator.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>332361159
Doesn't stop them from making more and more.

>>332361264
>>332361375
This was a MINOR complaint in the vain hope that they might give her more character. Season 2 and the expansions has proven that this was a fucking lie and Teddy get to keep his pet character oc in the game.
>>
I made a Samurai Charr

I just like fightin' I don't really pay attention to anything else.
>>
>>332359778
they've actually done shit all since the expansion came out i wonder how people keep logging in. i was done 2 weeks after it came out and i just check in every now and then.
>>
>>332361604
>Greatsword looks like the model was ripped straight out of MonHun
>>
It's not GW1
>>
>>332357408
>Gold/mat grind somehow made grindier since expansion
>content that hasn't been updated since launch; rewards nerfed into the ground since expansion
>also no new content for years+, rewards pushed back behind several million exp mastery grind and expansion paywall, but how about that system re-rework? No new fractals, but you wanted leaderboards, r-right?
>ded espawts shoved out with an unbalanced and shitty season with expansion
>guides
>lmao crafting
>lmao time-gated gold-sink crafting
>your choice between 3-year old zerging or 2-hour meta event in the final HoT map over and over and over again before you can buy a crafting recipe for 1-weapon skin
>mat/gold sink, triplified with the 3 new ones that took several years to make for some reason (full-new set never ever)
>p fun, but mostly 3-year old content; rip SAB
>2 blues and a green on a human face, forever
>enjoy being bored enough to do that several more times for each character
>shat upon by HoT expansion; pay $22.50 in funbux to queue in a not-dead server
>gold sink collection of old ass skins
>time-gated gold sink backpack collection
>300g well spent for idling in LA, but expansion gives free one
>pay several hundred gold or the RNG lottery multiplied by 12 and on a timer rotation, all for your very own daily chest that'll deliver you 2 blues and a green for free
>achievements are totally content, I swear!

I'm just amazed how the expansion made a bunch of things worse than they were before. Like, they thought they had to account for making the base game "f2p", so the shitty devs combined their fat, lazy asses into one to take a collective shit on all three game modes.

PvE, WvW, and PvP BTFO one after the other within a span of a couple weeks. Quite impressive desu
>>
File: 1409164106909.jpg (38 KB, 338x497) Image search: [Google]
1409164106909.jpg
38 KB, 338x497
>>332362424
>Cynicism: The post
>>
File: CardDestruction-YGLD-EN-C-1E.png (336 KB, 308x450) Image search: [Google]
CardDestruction-YGLD-EN-C-1E.png
336 KB, 308x450
>>332361993
It's more than just that and there are plenty of examples of this.

>>332363028
No
>>
The only people that don't like GW2 are butthurt GW1 veterans or WoW shills
>>
>>332362424
this is pretty accurate. I've dropped many hours into GW2 but I came to the conclusion this game is pretty much; achievement hunter the game, and how many numbers and symbols you have beside your characters name now. It was somewhat savable before the expansion - its slowly swirling down the toilet now.
>>
>>332363028
As someone else who played a fucking lot but quit probably around the same tine, everything listed there is totally accurate.
Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.