[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does MGS belong to the mecha genre?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: metal_bane.jpg (29 KB, 680x425) Image search: [Google]
metal_bane.jpg
29 KB, 680x425
does MGS belong to the mecha genre?
>>
No, the mechs don't play a big enough role.
>>
File: Zone_of_the_Enders_Cover.jpg (150 KB, 250x352) Image search: [Google]
Zone_of_the_Enders_Cover.jpg
150 KB, 250x352
This is for you.
>>
>>332341026
>literally in the centre of nearly all games' plots
>not a big role
>>
>>332341953
Even the name of the mecha is the main title.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvTrbnouU3Q
>>
File: Assigned Bane.jpg (202 KB, 1238x1071) Image search: [Google]
Assigned Bane.jpg
202 KB, 1238x1071
>>332340871
>>
>>332341953
He didn't say it wasn't a big role, it just wasn't big enough. The mechs are there for a very small percentage of the game time, and aren't even the main focus of 4 and 5's plots
>>
They're a plot element, but they're not mech games. Only in one main entry do you pilot one.

I think Kojima had a hard on for mechs, and got that out with ZoE
>>
>>332342347
Kojima said that Metal Gears are the bare-focus just cause its in the name of the games.
>>
File: Dr. Sokolov.png (765 KB, 889x511) Image search: [Google]
Dr. Sokolov.png
765 KB, 889x511
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.